Future of the FF Mod

A spot for your mods in progress.
RevanFan
Legend

Re: Future of the FF Mod

Postby RevanFan » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:37 am

Gridiron wrote:So you will be supporting something like an official mod download page, one something like this,
a dynamically updated page that describes the standard (minimum) current mod,
along with top recommended add-on modifications?
Cool, that seems like a good idea.

Really, we already do that. On the mod page for the XV mod, we had the mod, and a list of recommended addons. The difference here is that we will release the base package, and then continuously release any updates as they become available without waiting forever to package them all together.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Sponsor

Sponsor

cyclone2426
All-Pro

Postby cyclone2426 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:55 am

It would be cool if we could have a Github style order, where you can approve/discuss it on a sublevel then push it to the main/master branch when it is ready to go. Then you can download the whole package at anytime or just download whatever has been recently added.

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:42 pm

Happy to help with any Jaguars updates or other graphics work.

SupermanFan1
Pro Bowl

Postby SupermanFan1 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:48 pm

RevanFan wrote:I've been thinking about the future of the mod for a while now, and I've decided that the following will happen:

1. We will continue work on the current mod, XVI, until we have all of the remaining uniforms. When the uniforms are finished, I will release the mod as the XVI Mod. Rogerjinx's roster will be made compatible, but no updated roster will be included.

2. After that, we will transition the mod into a platform. We'll strip away the number, and simply call it the "FF/FI Mod". Graphics will be made for a platform, so they will not need to be updated each season. Graphics, other than portraits, will only be updated when something changes. For instance, a team starts using new field art or a new uniform set. For portraits, we'll keep old portraits and only add new players who need portraits. Doing that will free us to work on the mod whenever we have time, and to not worry about release dates. Any new updates will be provided either in the whole package or separately, I'm not quite sure yet. With this mod, there will never be a new FF Mod after it, because we won't need one. Any old rosters built with that platform will still be available for download, along with the portraits for that season.

I feel that doing this will both lessen stress on the team members, and make the most less interfere with our lives, but that it will also streamline the mod so it becomes easier to update in the future. I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts and/or questions. I haven't thought all of this completely through yet, but I've thought about it enough to believe it is the best way to move forward following XVI.

May I submit a suggestion?
What if you called them the actual Madden NFL game names, like for this year "Madden NFL 17" get where I am coming from?

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:34 pm

SupermanFan1 wrote:May I submit a suggestion?
What if you called them the actual Madden NFL game names, like for this year "Madden NFL 17" get where I am coming from?

That would be incredibly misleading.

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:53 pm

BelieverInTeal wrote:
SupermanFan1 wrote:May I submit a suggestion?

That would be incredibly misleading.

And not to mention though, unlikely it may happen, but it's possible we could get in trouble for Copyright Infringement.

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:57 pm

Austinmario13 wrote:And not to mention though, unlikely it may happen, but it's possible we could get in trouble for Copyright Infringement.

^ That. Although, it would be trademark infringement as opposed to copyright (sorry, the attorney and adjunct law professor in me can't help it). :D

SupermanFan1
Pro Bowl

Postby SupermanFan1 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:34 pm

Oh okay got it. ;)

What made you guys call it Football-Freaks?

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:53 pm

SupermanFan1 wrote:What made you guys call it Football-Freaks?

The site before this one was footballfreaks.com.
So the Giants traded Beckham....

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:23 pm

then two questions ..What if the Stadium look changes..ie; Heinz Field with the new endzone seating and Score board in the upper deck on the left side. Also Suspened player will they placed on "IR" or put into the "Reserve Roster"?
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Return to “Mods In Progress”