Future of the FF Mod

A spot for your mods in progress.
RevanFan
Legend

Future of the FF Mod

Postby RevanFan » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:30 am

I've been thinking about the future of the mod for a while now, and I've decided that the following will happen:

1. We will continue work on the current mod, XVI, until we have all of the remaining uniforms. When the uniforms are finished, I will release the mod as the XVI Mod. Rogerjinx's roster will be made compatible, but no updated roster will be included.

2. After that, we will transition the mod into a platform. We'll strip away the number, and simply call it the "FF/FI Mod". Graphics will be made for a platform, so they will not need to be updated each season. Graphics, other than portraits, will only be updated when something changes. For instance, a team starts using new field art or a new uniform set. For portraits, we'll keep old portraits and only add new players who need portraits. Doing that will free us to work on the mod whenever we have time, and to not worry about release dates. Any new updates will be provided either in the whole package or separately, I'm not quite sure yet. With this mod, there will never be a new FF Mod after it, because we won't need one. Any old rosters built with that platform will still be available for download, along with the portraits for that season.

I feel that doing this will both lessen stress on the team members, and make the most less interfere with our lives, but that it will also streamline the mod so it becomes easier to update in the future. I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts and/or questions. I haven't thought all of this completely through yet, but I've thought about it enough to believe it is the best way to move forward following XVI.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Future of the FF Mod

Sponsor

Sponsor

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Re: Future of the FF Mod

Postby Austinmario13 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:29 am

Is this a result of what I said a few months ago?

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17875#p73511

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:49 pm

Austinmario13 wrote:Is this a result of what I said a few months ago?

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17875#p73511

I couldn't even remember you posted that. No, that is not my plan. We'll still be a mod team, but we won't spend nearly as much time on graphics, because the mod will no longer have a number.
My Cowboys Journal

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:24 pm

I think that this is a great move to keep everything alive. It will help the stress level to a lower level and a easier Mod to update. I also think that maybe the only thing would be is unis, portraits and maybe some stadium changes..other than that roster I think making Rogerjinx's roster compatible and even making it the default would be a key. I think it would be the key to our success in this future of the Mod. Hey .. could the Name become FootballIdiot Mod..just an idea. I personally will always help with the Steelers and some teams if I have the time ( Steelers yes)
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:15 pm

BUS36 wrote:I think that this is a great move to keep everything alive. It will help the stress level to a lower level and a easier Mod to update. I also think that maybe the only thing would be is unis, portraits and maybe some stadium changes..other than that roster I think making Rogerjinx's roster compatible and even making it the default would be a key. I think it would be the key to our success in this future of the Mod. Hey .. could the Name become FootballIdiot Mod..just an idea. I personally will always help with the Steelers and some teams if I have the time ( Steelers yes)

His roster has had some glitches that we fixed in ours, and raston has been updating in the background. Nothing extensive, but it's still something. After XVI, I will also go back to roster editing. We'll run our own roster again, but we won't have any deadlines. We'll just release updates when they're done onto the existing platform.
My Cowboys Journal

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:21 pm

When you say "there will never be a new FF Mod after it", you mean a yearly one? Like whenever an updated UNIFORMS.dat is created, you will re-release the available roster with the new TUNI table, whether or not that roster is the current(unavailable) one?
So the Giants traded Beckham....

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:38 pm

mee wrote:When you say "there will never be a new FF Mod after it", you mean a yearly one? Like whenever an updated UNIFORMS.dat is created, you will re-release the available roster with the new TUNI table, whether or not that roster is the current(unavailable) one?

I'm saying that the numbered, yearly mods are done after XVI. Any time there is an update, we'll just release it when it's ready.
My Cowboys Journal

cyclone2426
All-Pro

Postby cyclone2426 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:55 pm

I'll definitely help with uni's when I can. As I go through doing teams for my personal DAT, I'll try to get the team up in "mod" version/quality, so you can replace/add them in.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:59 pm

cyclone2426 wrote:I'll definitely help with uni's when I can. As I go through doing teams for my personal DAT, I'll try to get the team up in "mod" version/quality, so you can replace/add them in.

Sounds good to me. Right now our priority is any missing uniforms, as well as your Bucs uniforms, but as soon as all the missing uniforms are finished, any upgrades you can provide would be great.
My Cowboys Journal

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:45 am

RevanFan wrote:I've been thinking about the future of the mod for a while now, and I've decided that the following will happen:

1. We will continue work on the current mod, XVI, until we have all of the remaining uniforms. When the uniforms are finished, I will release the mod as the XVI Mod. Rogerjinx's roster will be made compatible, but no updated roster will be included.

2. After that, we will transition the mod into a platform. We'll strip away the number, and simply call it the "FF/FI Mod". Graphics will be made for a platform, so they will not need to be updated each season. Graphics, other than portraits, will only be updated when something changes. For instance, a team starts using new field art or a new uniform set. For portraits, we'll keep old portraits and only add new players who need portraits. Doing that will free us to work on the mod whenever we have time, and to not worry about release dates. Any new updates will be provided either in the whole package or separately, I'm not quite sure yet. With this mod, there will never be a new FF Mod after it, because we won't need one. Any old rosters built with that platform will still be available for download, along with the portraits for that season.

I feel that doing this will both lessen stress on the team members, and make the most less interfere with our lives, but that it will also streamline the mod so it becomes easier to update in the future. I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts and/or questions. I haven't thought all of this completely through yet, but I've thought about it enough to believe it is the best way to move forward following XVI.

So you will be supporting something like an official mod download page, one something like this,
a dynamically updated page that describes the standard (minimum) current mod,
along with top recommended add-on modifications?
Cool, that seems like a good idea.
GRIDIRON! The 1st physics based computer football simulation.

Return to “Mods In Progress”