VIAA High School Football

A spot for your mods in progress.
elguapo
Hall of Fame

Re: VIAA High School Football

Postby elguapo » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:39 pm

grabursock55 wrote:Hey ElGuapo, I dont know if you saw it, but I really owe you big time for your work with ripping these stadiums! Like I said, I probably wouldnt have even started this mod without your work in getting the stadiums.

If you would be able and willing, maybe we could collaborate on how to get those backgrounds converted into dats! Dont feel obligated though, I know people have lives outside madden lol!

Thanks again man, Couldnt have done it without you!

Well I'm glad you found some use for them. Funny thing about the stadium files is that I was trying to fix the misalignment of the crowd for the broncos, eagles and panthers when I realized that once the files were ripped and successfully inserted back, that why not extract the stadiums from madden 07 and insert them in 08. When that also was successful I tried tried sun devil stadium and it worked. That lead me to look into other versions of madden's stadiums and I was able to find most of the new stadiums in madden 05 and a few practice fields in madden 04.

To me these new stadiums have given madden a new feel and non of this would have been possible without the tools created by the amazing programmers in here.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Daveybird
Veteran

Postby Daveybird » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:30 pm

Oh, so it was you who ripped the old stadiums. Thank you, elguapo. Or else High School Madden wouldn't look as authentic!

grabursock55
MVP

Postby grabursock55 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:46 pm

elguapo wrote:
grabursock55 wrote:Hey ElGuapo, I dont know if you saw it, but I really owe you big time for your work with ripping these stadiums! Like I said, I probably wouldnt have even started this mod without your work in getting the stadiums.

If you would be able and willing, maybe we could collaborate on how to get those backgrounds converted into dats! Dont feel obligated though, I know people have lives outside madden lol!

Thanks again man, Couldnt have done it without you!

Well I'm glad you found some use for them. Funny thing about the stadium files is that I was trying to fix the misalignment of the crowd for the broncos, eagles and panthers when I realized that once the files were ripped and successfully inserted back, that why not extract the stadiums from madden 07 and insert them in 08. When that also was successful I tried tried sun devil stadium and it worked. That lead me to look into other versions of madden's stadiums and I was able to find most of the new stadiums in madden 05 and a few practice fields in madden 04.

To me these new stadiums have given madden a new feel and non of this would have been possible without the tools created by the amazing programmers in here.

Yeah, this whole community is really an amazing thing. One thing leads to another which leads to another and eventually gets us where we are today. I thanked you because you were the most recent, traceable link for me, but really, the whole community is to thank. So thank you for pointing that out.

As far as the mod goes, Im getting closer to finishing the Northern Tier of the state. I think it could be done within a week, but I am helping my sister move this weekend and I really dont want to rush it. I also like to play around with some things to see how i feel about it, which takes a little extra time as well.

As it stands, I have 4 uniforms left to create, and about 20 stadiums. Stadums are generally pretty quick though. Then after that, its time to start working on the teams in the southern half of the state. Again, for a total of 64 teams. At some point, I will upload some stuff pertinent to the mod such as maps, conferences, districts, past records, etc.
Making tpf mods and tpf mod accessories.

grabursock55
MVP

Postby grabursock55 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:06 am

New post cause I didnt want the last one to be too long..

Here is an example of a few "mini" textures I have been playing with to just see how it goes. Let me know what you think

So for whatever reason, I remember loving the little star under the players in Madden '99. So, here is me paying homage to the little star, I think I will definitely include this in the mod =)

Madden 99 Star

My Star!

Also, To give the game a more "high school" feel, I edited the playcall screen texture. This is a work in progress, as i threw it together in about 10 minutes last night at midnight, but I like how it looks, and I will probably build on it. It is supposed to look like a chalk board, a fixture in almost any high school locker room. Thoughts? (I wish I would have got a cap from offense, but oh well...)

Some more teams I got finished...
St. Michaels Dukes

Collinsville Gamblers

Williamsburg Generals

Difillipsburg Lions

Mackle Valley Seminoles (I really like the helmet logo on this team, one of my favorites)

Lemon Ridge Racers... Or as the announcer says "RIDGGGGGGE RACERRRRRRRRRRRRRs"

North Tech Northmen

Fort Scully Magic (Another helmet logo I really like! Looks very High School-y to me)

Lake Andrew Claymores

Dietz Mountain Bucks

EDIT: Just wanted to add this pic

Matthewsburg Maulers in default grey unis.

I know I say I like some logos or unis... But honestly, I love them all the same. Let me know how you think its going!

GMG2014
All-Pro

Postby GMG2014 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:30 pm

Can't wait for this Mod, it's going to be amazing!!!

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:32 pm

Daveybird wrote:Oh, so it was you who ripped the old stadiums. Thank you, elguapo. Or else High School Madden wouldn't look as authentic!

Good luck with your High School Madden.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:35 pm

Have you tried to texmod the other themed stadiums like the marshalls and nile high? I haven't looked at them since i inserted them to 08

grabursock55
MVP

Postby grabursock55 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:46 pm

elguapo wrote:Have you tried to texmod the other themed stadiums like the marshalls and nile high? I haven't looked at them since i inserted them to 08

Maybe I'll do that tonight... I think it would work... the HS Stadium works well with texmod, so i dont see why not

grabursock55
MVP

Postby grabursock55 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:44 pm

Hey everyone, if you follow this mod at all, I would GREATLY appreciate your input on something.. I finally figured out how to make one of the practice fields into a playing field I would be comfortable using by adding a crowd in. The only issue (possibly dealbreaking) is the fact that the scoreboard is nonoperational. It is merely a texture and can not be made to operate as far as i know. Here are some shots of the stadium I threw together. This is about 5 minutes of work, and was made as just an example to see if you would appreciate this field being used in the mod despite the scoreboard not working.

I was almost positive I took more screens, but i guess not... On the opposite endzone, is a brick school that I think looks really good.
Anyway, thoughts on the scoreboard? Can you overlook it? The score banner appears at all times during the game like usual.. I could change the scoreboard texture into something else, but then the field would be completely baren of a scoreboard. thoughts, PLEASE! Thanks!

grabursock55
MVP

Postby grabursock55 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:16 pm

Nicole Dolphins

Brouseburg Trappers

Hendrickson Steelers

Nefnee Sharks (Turned out pretty cool, in my opinion)

And that will do it for the uniforms in the Northern Tier (District 1) of the VIAA. As I stated earlier, I have about 20 stadiums to do, but that shouldnt be too bad. After thats done, Its on to the southern half of the state =)

Love this mod.

Return to “Mods In Progress”