World Cup

A spot for your mods in progress.
mikehill
All-Pro

World Cup

Postby mikehill » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:23 pm

As some of you know I have made the simple, fictional High School mod. I have had a lot of fun with it and I hope other people have had too.
Now besides working on a book and studying I have started a World Cup roster.
Basically idea is to create a World cup for American Football.
Some players real, but mostly fictional because our sport hasn't yet spread very far.
Teams would be rated reasonably low so that USA and Canada separate from the rest. Teams would have national special features like Japanese being shorter, Iranians stronger, these stereotypes you can see in soccer's world cup too.
And of course names would be traditional.
Teams don't have nicknames, they will be named England English, Scotland Scottish and so on.
I have done China logos and uniforms, but I haven't yet done all of the players.
If I got you interested make team for any nation you want!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Mikehillschannel
Bizarre music videos every Sunday

World Cup

Sponsor

Sponsor

pick6
Hall of Fame

Re: World Cup

Postby pick6 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:33 pm

I really like this idea Mike, and I'll bet my son will love it too!! Keep up the good work! :D

EDIT: you may want to upload the Chinese.dat from your CustomArt folder as well so that we can see your Chinese logo's, field art, and uniforms. All that info is stored in individual team .dat's in that folder (Documents\Madden NFL 08\CustomArt).

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:16 pm

I might be interested in making the Canadian team. As pick mentioned, please post the custom art files for each team you add.

You may want to go easy on the sterotypes as well. Otherwise, the English will lose on penalties, the Fins will never qualify and the Germans will always win.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:27 am

BelieverInTeal wrote:You may want to go easy on the sterotypes as well. Otherwise, the English will lose on penalties, the Fins will never qualify and the Germans will always win.

And if you're not only using sports stereotypes, but stereotypes in general, the French will run away or chicken out, and the Americans will balloon in weight. And the Canadians will apologize after every tackle.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

mikehill
All-Pro

Postby mikehill » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:42 am

Thank you all for the info. In soccer world cup is nice to see how different style of soccer nations play. I attempt to capture that in this mod. On stereotypes I'm going to go easy, but I want to make countries really different.
This also the worst time I'm doing logos so if you can do a better Chinese flag share it with us :) I make uniforms in game.
BTW Few french man who play football here in Finland are quite tough.

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:55 am

Hey mike! I've talked with my son about this and he's real interested in helping doing the Ireland team! We can do a roster with real players from the Irish league if you're interested, with correct names, heights/weights, jersey numbers etc and we'd love to do up the Irish uniform and field art too if that's ok? It would all be CustomArt-based (8-bit bitmap).

Think this could be a total blast! :D

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:35 am

RevanFan wrote:
BelieverInTeal wrote:You may want to go easy on the sterotypes as well. Otherwise, the English will lose on penalties, the Fins will never qualify and the Germans will always win.

And if you're not only using sports stereotypes, but stereotypes in general, the French will run away or chicken out, and the Americans will balloon in weight. And the Canadians will apologize after every tackle.

Haha, I was refering to the soccer World Cup. The English typically lose when forced to go to a penalty shootout, the Fins have never qualified, and the Germans (the current champions) are really, really good.

mikehill wrote:Thank you all for the info. In soccer world cup is nice to see how different style of soccer nations play. I attempt to capture that in this mod. On stereotypes I'm going to go easy, but I want to make countries really different.
This also the worst time I'm doing logos so if you can do a better Chinese flag share it with us :) I make uniforms in game.
BTW Few french man who play football here in Finland are quite tough.

You might want to start with a blank roster so that when you are finished with your custom teams, you do not have a bunch of NFL teams as well.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:28 pm

BelieverInTeal wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

Haha, I was refering to the soccer World Cup. The English typically lose when forced to go to a penalty shootout, the Fins have never qualified, and the Germans (the current champions) are really, really good.

Yeah, I get all that, but I figured I'd take it one step further. Anyway, this does seem very interesting and I will check it out once more progress is made, or at least after the American team is finished and polished.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

mikehill
All-Pro

Postby mikehill » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:12 pm

@pick6 Help is certainly appreciated. When team is ready I can just import it to the roster. Can any of you share a empty roster? Just avoiding problems because I thought original teams shouldn't be removed in order to make franchise work.
BTW please rate players 60-70 because I'm going to rate China 50-60 and USA is of course going to be 80-90.

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:11 pm

There are other things you need to do to make franchise work. For now, focus on getting the custom teams done.
Attachments
Blank.zip
(5.19 KiB) Downloaded 125 times

Return to “Mods In Progress”