"wide hash" demo game (no "ghost lines")

A spot for your mods in progress.
mee
Hall of Fame

Re: "wide hash" demo game (no "ghost lines")

Postby mee » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:46 pm

Well extracting yours worked! It is soooo sweet to play on 2 foot lines! But its so much harder to see the distant hash marks.
giants 2 feet.jpg
giants 2 feet.jpg (692.08 KiB) Viewed 2837 times
So the Giants traded Beckham....

Sponsor

Sponsor

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:33 pm

I must admit I'm impressed mee! :D I just wish everyone new here tackled problems head-on like you do! :lol:
Seriously good job dude.

Just bear in mind that since this is essentially a TexMod project, you only need one .dat-based field placeholder, which you can then overlay with .tpf's for different variations of field. Just use the same value in your roster for all teams, as you'll only ever be loading one field at a time anyway. EDIT: I can't tell if you've cropped the hash lines at the sidelines too, but they also need to be 2ft (should be 18 pixels wide on TrueTurf).

mee wrote:But its so much harder to see the distant hash marks.

It's been suggested before that the sole purpose of those "ghost lines" is just to make the lines look sharper in the distance, and that does seem the most likely explanation.

Everyone else: I've just finished hex-editing the dimensions of the 25yd NFL shield, to make it now go from 20yd to 30yd lines (and taller too), as well as in closer towards the hashes for correct placement for NCAA conference logo's. It's actually a lot more work than I thought to finish this framework, but I'm gonna get it done! To be honest, I can't wait til it's all finished so I can just use it myself for MAKING new field art! :D

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:55 pm

pick6 wrote:I must admit I'm impressed mee! :D I just wish everyone new here tackled problems head-on like you do! :lol:
Seriously good job dude.
Just bear in mind that since this is essentially a TexMod project, you only need one .dat-based field placeholder, which you can then overlay with .tpf's for different variations of field. Just use the same value in your roster for all teams, as you'll only ever be loading one field at a time anyway. EDIT: I can't tell if you've cropped the hash lines at the sidelines too, but they also need to be 2ft (should be 18 pixels wide on TrueTurf).

Thanks. I forgot to do the outside lines, I think I did that now.
Giants 2 feet v2.gif
Giants 2 feet v2.gif (559.15 KiB) Viewed 2720 times

Quick question- is Metlife considered a grass or a turf field, its Grassy Turf officially?
So the Giants traded Beckham....

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:01 am

mee wrote:is Metlife considered a grass or a turf field, its Grassy Turf officially?

If you don't mind, I'm gonna answer that in the TrueTurf thread instead, seeing as it's not directly about the "wide hash / ghost lines" framework.

Continued here: http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=15988&p=63151#p63151

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:22 am

Here's an example of the 25yd conference logo with newly-modified TMdl, now giving correct placement on field, AND facing the same sideline! :D

PRESS CTRL AND MINUS (-) TO ZOOM OUT TO SEE BOTH 25YD LINES
ACC same sideline.jpg
ACC same sideline.jpg (235 KiB) Viewed 2789 times

What I've noticed about playing on this, is that I'm now more aware of traveling up and down the field in two distinct directions. I think this will help me when deciding strategy regarding long field goals, as I'll be more aware now of wind direction because of the conference logo. That is, it would be easy to remember at kickoff that the wind is going from the "A" to the "C" (or vice versa), and could use that throughout the game.

El_Macaquito
All-Pro

Postby El_Macaquito » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:01 pm

Can I do trueturf, wide hash and better midfields ALL together?
Best HC ever.

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:36 pm

El_Macaquito wrote:Can I do trueturf, wide hash and better midfields ALL together?

Well all three of those components were used in the Clemson screenshot 2 posts up, so I reckon that's a "YES!". :D As a general rule of thumb, you should always be able to mix and match multiple .tpf's anyway.

But as I've said already, the "wide hash" framework described in the first post has some flaws, so I no longer use that. By all means experiment with it, and it will work perfectly fine along with my TrueTurf and "better midfields" templates. However, when my v2 framework is released, it will bring all the different strands together, so that all aspects will be in one place. I'm going as fast as I can, but I'm not putting a date on it. Depends on how much I decide to include in it.

I don't mean to be rude El_Macaquito, but this is the third time now that you've asked about different combinations of stuff of mine, and whether they are compatible with each other; why not just try it out and see?

El_Macaquito
All-Pro

Postby El_Macaquito » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:17 pm

Sorry pick6, it's just I corrupted my Madden 08 2 months ago and now I'm getting like :? :shock: :o :| (don't know the expression in English lol)
Anyway, I'll do it and I'm anxiously (hope I spelled it right) expecting for your new ~~pack AIO~~.
Best HC ever.

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:24 am

THIS THREAD IS NO LONGER IN DEVELOPMENT.

VERSION 1 HAD INHERENT FLAWS IN THE FRAMEWORK, WHICH WERE IRONED OUT IN VERSION 2, WHICH NOW HAS ITS OWN THREAD AND WHICH I CALL "FieldBuilder".

HOWEVER, THE "WIDE HASH DEMO GAME" THAT I UPLOADED IN THIS THREAD IS COMPLETELY PLAYABLE AND CAN STILL BE DOWNLOADED. I AM ALSO LEAVING THE ORIGINAL TEXT AS-IS SO THAT OTHERS CAN FOLLOW THE THOUGHT PROCESS, BUT DON'T GET TOO CAUGHT UP IN THE EXPLANATION. JUMP TO A LATER POST HERE IN THIS THREAD FOR A DETAILED EXPLANATION OF VERSION 2 (FIELDBUILDER).

I DO NOT RECOMMEND TRYING TO MERGE THE VERSIONS THOUGH.

peterparker
Banned

Postby peterparker » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:21 pm

Does anyone have this anymore?

Return to “Mods In Progress”