"wide hash" demo game (no "ghost lines")

A spot for your mods in progress.
pick6
Hall of Fame

Re: "wide hash" demo game (no "ghost lines")

Postby pick6 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:07 pm

Austinmario wrote:Another question: was it the FIELDART.DAT that's gets rid ofthe ghost lines?

Yes, but the most important part is the WAY it is used: the field texture must be placed into a slot usually reserved for endzones in order to get rid of the ghost lines.

TrueTurf v4 NCAA now available from HERE

Sponsor

Sponsor

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:36 pm

I haven't done this test yet but I think I have a way to remove the ghost lines. A little background info, the TMdl data positions the image on the field. So if you put an endzone TMdl in a midfield spot and vise versa, the images will still appear in their correct spot.

When playing around the ST35 field i noticed that the image appears above the midfield. So if we put the field TMdl in the midfield spot it will cover the ghost lines. And then if we put the midfield TMdl in the ST35 spot we will have the midfield on top of the field. The only drawback that I see to this is that the field would remain the same evev if weather conditions change.

*edit
using this method you could give every team a customized field.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:33 am

Ok i did a test and i didn't notice any warping of the field. I used a field TMld data file instead of the endzone TMdl data file. Everything else was the same like inserting it it go the second endzone.

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:08 pm

Just to get back to you elguapo, your work with ST35 sounds interesting alright! I've since found that the field warping only occurs when endzone2 is being used; click here for a more detailed description: Use of endzone2 = bug! (TEZ2).

Since I'm a simple kinda guy, and only like to bite off what I can chew at any one time, I'd love to find a way to continue to use endzone2 and lose the warping before I investigate ST35 further. I also posted in StingRay's Editing Madden's 3d Models (TMdl) thread so I'm sure our paths will cross again soon! ;)

Thanks for your input re ST35; definitely not dismissing it, just hoping to learn something more about the TEZ2 problem first before committing to another approach! :D

EDIT: regarding the field warping I mentioned, for teams that only need one endzone, I've found that if you insert the field texture into the endzone1 slot instead, and set TEZ2 to zero, the warping disappears. Please note the warping is NOT caused by inserting a field texture into an endzone slot; with field in endzone1 slot and TEZ2 at anything other than zero, the warping returns. The warping is ONLY present when TEZ2 is in use (regardless of what that use is). See link above for detailed description.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:26 pm

If you are using slydways field texture and it warps then don't use that field texture. Use an original madden field texture and no warping will appear.

insert the attachment into the endzone2 spot, it should eliminate the warping issue.

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:53 pm

elguapo wrote:If you are using slydways field texture and it warps then don't use that field texture. Use an original madden field texture and no warping will appear.

insert the attachment into the endzone2 spot, it should eliminate the warping issue.

No, all along I've been using the default Madden turf field that has red & blue lines on the 50 yd line (stadata file #29). Anyway, I just tested again with your file #10 to be certain, and the result is the same. (For what it's worth, the warping at the goal-line is hard to spot when using Madden's default fields as reference since the lines are so blurry, but it's most noticeable along the 50. Much easier to spot at the goal-line when using TrueTurf and TexMod though.)

Interesting though, 'cos I just came back to this thread to find out more about the ST35 field you mentioned earlier! :D When I looked it up, I found I had forgotten that it refers to the NFL shield on the 25yd lines. I actually asked about the possibility of using that HERE almost 8 months ago, but had dismissed it myself (incorrectly of course!). :( My very first encounter with any sort of ghost lines was trying to remove one unsuccessfully from the Panthers logo on their 25yd line. But I've only just realized that that logo was NOT in the ST35 field of course, but actually part of the field texture itself! My bad!! :oops:

I'm very grateful you looked into it properly elguapo, and have come up with an even better solution! :lol: I'm desperate to try this out now and I promise you now have my full attention! ;) I've just found your much earlier post HERE that lists the relevant file numbers, so I'll check this out tomorrow as soon as I get a moment.

For what it's worth, I recently did one final test with endzone2 which was the final nail in the coffin for me, which you can read about HERE.

Much obliged for your continual insights elguapo!

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:28 pm

Just to update you further elguapo, I've done a ton of further testing on this and finally hit on the perfect combination (which also involved some hex editing). However, I still want to test some other hex-edited combinations before posting final results. Lots to say, lots to update, a tutorial too; just not enough hours in the day! :D

Hey, along the way I worked out how to make much-improved "placeholders" that look great and have more detailed text describing what's going on. Had to use the dreaded Photoshop for that (boo, hiss!), plus learn how to hex-edit too. Really got my brain cells going, but fun! :D Also have a template that will totally blow your mind! Not mine I have to admit, and want to clarify permission before re-using here, but don't think it will be a problem.

Literally have so many different exciting strands I want to work on at the moment that I'm finding it hard to pick what I should do first! :lol:

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:37 pm

Well I'm very anxious to know what solution you've come up with. Just for future reference you can use any materials I upload for your solutions, tutorials and such.

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:57 am

elguapo wrote:Just for future reference you can use any materials I upload for your solutions, tutorials and such.

Likewise elguapo; always a pleasure working with you! :)

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:43 pm

Another real quick update to say finally, finally, finally I have got a combination that works without any warping! :lol: It's nearly driven me insane, as I've had to pick my way through all of EA's cut-corners and workarounds just in order to work out what's going on, but I'm absolutely thrilled that I've managed to complete it! :D

I will have to do up a new thread describing the TOTAL MESS that is EA's implementation of the endzones, as there are errors concealing more errors in there, and even now there's still some unfinished stuff I need to check there.

But next up has to be my WHDG v2, which will have a different framework from v1 and will allow folks to build on it themselves without any complications. Still quite a lot to write up on that, but I swear all the toughest stuff has now been done.

Please bear in mind that if you didn't get excited about v1, then you're not gonna find anything interesting about v2, as it'll look virtually the same. But if you want to be able to make your own wide hash TrueTurf fields, and get them in-game easily without any sort of unexpected warping/squashing/stretching, then v2 is the framework to use.

Feeling very relieved I was able to get through to the end! NAILED IT! 8-)

Return to “Mods In Progress”