FF/FI XV Mod Discussion Thread

A spot for your mods in progress.
RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:44 pm

The mod has been released. Visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=86&t=17114

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, it's that time of the year again. I will be truthful with you all. None of us on the team really know where we stand in production of the mod. I'm going to college in January, two of us are, I believe, going to college in the fall, and Raston has said he will not be free for much time to help with the roster. What we do know is Elguapo is working on some of the graphics, like uniforms, but not all graphics. Bason will once again provide his soloplayers. Nick will once again be working on portraits, but not so much on the roster this year. I will do what work I can on the roster, though I am still not certain in what way we will rate players. I don't know how long this will take, nor do I know if the team as it stands will be able to do nearly as much as we usually do, but I definitely know I want it to be done. I do ask something of everyone on this forum. If you are at all interested in modding Madden, please learn all you can. I don't know how much longer this mod team has, and I don't want the FF mod to die. I have another idea, which I will ask in a separate thread.

Anyway, to leave you off with a little teaser, here's an early DAT conversion of the Buccaneers uniforms, made by reika30 and converted for our use with his permission, as well as a new Cardinals alternate from last season that didn't make it into the mod.

Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: FF/FI XV Mod Discussion Thread

Postby RevanFan » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:55 pm

I have an important question that has been weighing on my mind about this mod. I am thinking of including old time rosters, but because of the thinness of the mod team, I can't do it, nor can any of the current team. We need new blood to take on the role. It could also be a learning experience for anyone who would like to work on the main roster in the future. Please go to the following link to discuss my proposal.

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=16407
My Cowboys Journal

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:12 am

So, as I have said in the past, we are hoping to include some historic seasons in this mod. Well, patsallday and austinmario have offered their help on the old time rosters. If anyone else would like to join them, please let me know, and I'll direct them to you. In addition, Rixster67r has offered to let us use 2003-2010 rosters he has worked on. I will take 2011-2013 from previous mods.

I will begin working on the mod roster before too long. We are getting a few graphics updates done, but work is slow right now. Seeing as most of the team are busy with work, family, or are college bound, work will most likely always be slow. But, slow is not dead, so as long as we're not dead, I'd say we're good.
My Cowboys Journal

eal
Pro Bowl

Postby eal » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:45 am

I have always wondered if the mod is too comprehensive. Perhaps it would be better to have a simplified mod released earlier. What you would take out would be a difficult question, but sometimes it feels as thought the mod team are biting off more than they can chew.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:23 pm

eal wrote:I have always wondered if the mod is too comprehensive. Perhaps it would be better to have a simplified mod released earlier. What you would take out would be a difficult question, but sometimes it feels as thought the mod team are biting off more than they can chew.

Well, the graphics are always done way before the roster, but the roster is the most important part. They go best together. I'm going to do most of the main roster work myself this year, but if I can find someone to rate the rosters, or at least help me rate the rosters, it'll go by much quicker.
My Cowboys Journal

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:28 pm

RevanFan wrote:
eal wrote:I have always wondered if the mod is too comprehensive. Perhaps it would be better to have a simplified mod released earlier. What you would take out would be a difficult question, but sometimes it feels as thought the mod team are biting off more than they can chew.

Well, the graphics are always done way before the roster, but the roster is the most important part. They go best together. I'm going to do most of the main roster work myself this year, but if I can find someone to rate the rosters, or at least help me rate the rosters, it'll go by much quicker.

With respect, while the roster is undoubtedly the core of the mod, I'm not sure that everyone would agree that it is the most important part of the mod. For instance, there were a handful of alternative rosters available last season, but not a single other comprehensive set of uniforms. Last season, I didn't have any need for the FF roster, as thumstyx released his uni's long before the mod was released. Or to put it another way, last season I was using a current roster from MPN with the most up-to-date FF uniforms, months before FF users were able to get same uniforms officially!

While I applaud you for wanting to include historic seasons and love the idea personally, I do find it a bit disconcerting that the overall roster workload appears to be increasing even though the mod team is becoming fewer. Why not just include patsallday and austinmario on the main roster instead and reduce the workload?

RevanFan wrote:the graphics are always done way before the roster
From what I've observed, the most important aspect for most folks always seems to be the late release date. If folks had to choose between an earlier release date, or the inclusion of historic seasons (and release after the super bowl), my money would be on the former.

eal
Pro Bowl

Postby eal » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:54 pm

For me, a mod should include up-to-date uniforms, the correct coaches, schedule for the coming season, and a roster with portraits. Even rosters can aren't completely necessary as they are the one thing people are still making a lot of. Ratings and contracts don't really matter as they can be easily altered by anyone. Adding more to the mod seems rather misguided. As it is, it doesn't make it out until mid-February and then it still isn't completely usable. Simplification would seem to be the better path forward.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:05 pm

eal wrote:For me, a mod should include up-to-date uniforms, the correct coaches, schedule for the coming season, and a roster with portraits. Even rosters can aren't completely necessary as they are the one thing people are still making a lot of. Ratings and contracts don't really matter as they can be easily altered by anyone. Adding more to the mod seems rather misguided. As it is, it doesn't make it out until mid-February and then it still isn't completely usable. Simplification would seem to be the better path forward.

You're forgetting that we're not professionals, we don't get paid to do this. All the tools and tutorials are available so that you can come up with a mod we can use. Is it possible for you to come up with a mod we can use with what you describe above?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:10 pm

Would you like me to release the roster before the players are all rated? That way, the mod can be released a bit early, and we can release a full product when it's ready, and before then, people can mess with the roster to their own liking. We've never done it before, but if people want the roster early and not necessarily as well tested, I can do it.

The historic seasons, if many are able to be made, would only be added when they are ready. The mod will never be held up because of them. The main roster still has a team of 3-5 members, but we are just busier. I have some time, and around September, after week one rosters are out, I will set a few days to do as much work as I can do. I can get quite a few teams done without ratings in a day. The ratings are what kill me.
My Cowboys Journal

Return to “Mods In Progress”