Realistic Contracts v1

A collection of all finished mods!
Brock
All-Pro

Realistic Contracts v1

Postby Brock » Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:40 am

Import the these files AFTER THE PROBOWL BUT BEFORE ADVANCING INTO THE OFFSEASON. Edit: Also, this mod is based of Roger's ovr calculations, so the contracts will probably be super inflated if you use default calculations.

Ok, my bad for prematurely deleting the thread... Longstory short I would love for others to look at this and help figure more stuff out. I'm in the process of trying to modernize how the game gives out contracts. Setting the signing bonus to at least 60% to more diversify the contracts a bit so not everyone got the exact same contracts.

Anyway here are some screens of what I did earlier, even tho I've updated since then.

Below are some csv's to play around with. SADP is the mainone here but the others are for coaches and contract minimums per years pro.

Edit: I've included an updated SADP with updates to the QB,RB,WR and TE positions. I believe I increased the LB's and T's but I'm going to reset other positions and focus on the skill positions then try to figure out the others. But the league minimums (SAYP) seems to help other other positions a good bit.

Edit 6/14: Updated QB, RB, WR, and TE's. These are probably the final edits for these positions. Over the weekends I'm going to probably go to the defense then offense lines. Here's he new screens: https://imgur.com/a/OsehfKH

Edit: Here are the positions/numbers (PDRP). They're different from the PLAY
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

0 = QB
1 = HB
2 = FB
3 = WR
4 = TE
5 = LT/RT
6 = RG/LG
7 = C
8 = LE/RE
9 = DT
10 = OLB's
11 = MLB's
12 = CB
13 = FS
14 = SS
15 = K
16 = P

Edit 6/17: I have finalized v1 of the contracts. Every position is close to real-life (I didn't toch FB's nor K/P because I believe league mininums does a good job for those. Right now it was me boosting the signing bonus to increase the overall contract value, I'm not that knowledgable of NFL contracts, so idk if that was the most logical way to go about it... Feel free to let me know if this should be changed. I based the contracts to mirror real-life current cap hits to be their 3rd in game year, because I think it would probably mess up down the line if I tried to make the current year irl/game contracts matchup. I may change the signing bonus in the future not sure. I'd love for someone to test out long term how the AI works with these contracts. Never mind the formulas I used, they don't affect anything and you're free to delete them.

Edit: LOL I lied, I included K/P's updates as well. May probably update FB's as well.

Edit 2/14/24: This will actually be the last update. Anyone/everyone is welcomed and encouraged to explore this mod more, maybe we can unlock extra things. Anyway, I fixed the coaches "SACP" so now it scales properly and not stagnate. I tweaked a little bit more of certain positions. I upped some positions like CB/OLB mainly because I've experiemented with lowering ACC, but that's neither here or there. Incase you missed it uptop: This mod is based off Roger's ovr calculations. So if you use default, the contracts will most likely be hyper-inflated.
Attachments
BrownsRebuild - SACP.csv
(126 Bytes) Downloaded 20 times
BrownsRebuild - Draft - SADP.csv
(19.02 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
BrownsRebuild - SAYP.csv
(228 Bytes) Downloaded 72 times

Realistic Contracts v1

Sponsor

Sponsor

lorak
Pro Bowl

Re: Realistic Contracts v1

Postby lorak » Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:05 pm

Thank you!
There are a few changes with respect to your files in the Mods in Progress thread.

By the way, what is the meaning of the data in columns L to W in the SADP table?

Brock
All-Pro

Postby Brock » Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:27 pm

lorak wrote:Thank you!
There are a few changes with respect to your files in the Mods in Progress thread.

What do you mean by that?

lorak wrote:By the way, what is the meaning of the data in columns L to W in the SADP table?

Those are just formulas I used. You can delete them. I basically came up with formulas to help speed up the process. Mainly getting the differences between the default numbers.

lorak
Pro Bowl

Postby lorak » Sat Jun 17, 2023 5:57 pm

Brock wrote:
lorak wrote:Thank you!

What do you mean by that?
Just that the values are different.

Brock
All-Pro

Postby Brock » Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:13 pm

I need to add this disclaimer. There is a bug, I thought I fixed, that happens after the draft with rookie QB's. So make sure you make a backup save after the draft. I need to look further into this.

lorak
Pro Bowl

Postby lorak » Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:58 pm

Could you explain which fields and tables correspond to the total salary (or just the salary) and the sign bonus?

Brock
All-Pro

Postby Brock » Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:14 pm

lorak wrote:Could you explain which fields and tables correspond to the total salary (or just the salary) and the sign bonus?

Sure, SMAD is maximum salary, SBID is the signing bonus, and SMID is minimum. SIDO seems to be like an average/median/range idk really know what to call it, but it does effect the salaries.

lorak
Pro Bowl

Postby lorak » Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:11 pm

I was playing with your salary related updated tables in Madden 13 PS Vita as that game and Madden 08 PC share a many tables, including SADP, SAYP, SACP and SLRI.

By the way, those tables work ok in Madden 13 PS Vita for players having a contract with a team changing total salary and signing bonus. For free agents, the signing bonus values in the updated tables seem to have no effect. @Brock: Do you know if there are other tables tied to FA?

I also found two more tables, FABI and FABT -in the attachment, if you want to have a look- that could be related to FA.
Attachments
FABT -Free Agents info 2 -edit maybe-.csv
(64 Bytes) Downloaded 50 times
FABI -Free Agents info 1 -edit maybe-.csv
(75 Bytes) Downloaded 54 times

Brock
All-Pro

Postby Brock » Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:54 pm

I've never seen those and can't find it in the Madden 08 save. I think that may be exclusive to either vita versions or those "newer" madden games. But it's cool to see someone else look through the files. I would play around with the files at the beginning of free agency, zero'ing or making certain value really high, etc.

Also, I think the files I've mentioned/posted are the only contract/free agency stuff. I haven't looked in awhile, I wish I could figure out contract lengths.

Have you or anyone else ran into any issues yet?

Brock
All-Pro

Postby Brock » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:42 am

I haven't ran into any issues with the AI running out of cash, in the two seasons I've been using this. But I did make a big discovery, I had a miscaluation, if you want to call it with the SIDO column... long story short fixing the differences per slot/position by using the default values, fixed one of the biggest issues I ran into: Rookies/Unrestricted free agents asking for like 500 million dollars lol. So for right now the mod should be perfect. I lowered some things and make the salaries a bit better. Updated the op.

Edit: NOPE! I still have to work on this. I've learned so much, that I'm just going to rebuild the mod from scratch.

Edit 2: Reuploaded the SADP file, there wasn't any errors and shouldn't be any weird contract demands from rookies/unrestricted fa. This will most likely be the last update. Would love if anyone else explored this and figured out contracts stuff, like potentially changing the default lengths.

Edit 3: The only issue I think some will encounter is some rookies not getting signed by their team, so it's probably best to import the original SADP file BEFORE the rookie signing stage, then import the new one into the AFTER. But it will effect the second FA period. So, it's your choice to either
go that route or keep track of the rookies and sign them to their drafted team during FA (it shouldn't be that many maybe 5 if even that in my one year test)

Also if you are installing this mod for the first time, it's best to do it AFTER THE PROBOWL BUT BEFORE ADVANCING INTO THE OFFSEASON.

Return to “Finished Mods”