X mod - Base Files

A collection of all finished mods!
elguapo
Hall of Fame

X mod - Base Files

Postby elguapo » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:20 pm

The X mod - Base Files are original (vanilla) files that have been eXpanded to the maximum limitations as set by the database limits which allows more slots for modding without changing the original graphics. This means that Texmod users that use the vanilla install now have more slots and options to log textures and DAT modders also benefit from the additional slots.

The X mod - Base Files is intended to be a ONE TIME download, no more large update downloads. Subsequent updates will be done with smaller modding packs. Updating in smaller modding packs will also help to track down and roll back any bugs. Once you download the files and unpack them, place them in the My Documents/Madden NFL 08 folder. ...more to come

X mod - Base Files download. (118 MB -> 1.5 GB)
X mod - Base Files.ros - Roster file to hilight the expanded slots. Teams starting from #83 and on.

uMod Modding Template This is a modding zip template for uMod designed for the X mod - Base Files. It uses most of the TPFs checksums listed here. Make sure to check "Support TPF-Mods."

TPF Files Section
In this section you will find TPF files that are designed for uMod since it can be customized more or better than Texmod. TPF files can range from full mods to small single textures. If you are a TPF developer for the vanilla install PM me with your link to your TPF library and I will add it here.

TPF Full Fields Use full fields placeholders to maximize your custom fields.

TPF Custom Field Kit. New NFL Custom Fields based on pick6's NFL Hash Marks. Kit also includes samples so that you can start creating your own TPF Custom Fields. README file included. You may also want to use Calhoupe's Madden Scripts to remove the "Ghost" lines.

TPF Generic Fields Generic Fields for non NFL leagues. Comes with a Generic Field Builder PSD file so that you can start building your own stadium fields.

TPF Endzone Kit Update the NFL endzones quickly with this kit. The Rams are set up as an example. (Endzones courtesy of mee).
Spoiler:
The main 32 NFL teams can use two endzones by applying the "TEZ2 Placeholder" to the FIELDART.dat file. Once you've applied the placeholders load up the Endzones.TPF in uMod, uncheck the "A" and "D" colums and uncheck all of the endzones except for the Rams. Then using a DB_Editor change the Rams' TEZ2 from 0 to TEZ2 192 and load up the roster in Madden. Follow the example below to update the rest of the endzones. Please take note on the 49ers TEZ2 because it is not in order with the rest of the other teams.
Click on the image, once in the webpage click on the image again to view the larger size image.Image

TPF Midfields Kit Update the NFL midfields quickly with this kit. The Rams are set up as an example.
Spoiler:
The kit comes with four commands scripts to make midfields in 10, 12, 20, 22 yards and 10,12, 20, 22 yards rotated 180 degrees. By using the vanilla mmap files to change the sizes of the midfields re-logging of the textures is not needed.

TPF Logo Kit Update the NFL logos quickly with this kit. NFL logos are updated with pick6's logo mod and re touched for the X mod.
Spoiler:
By applying the Player logo/Box Score logo you can bypass logging the textures since they are already logged. I will test if the same process can be applied to the coach's logo patches and the 3d fan logo patches.

TPF Slivers Kit Update the NFL slivers quickly with this kit. The Rams are set up as an example.

TPF Stadium Banners Quickly update the stadium banners or blank them out.

TPF SB Team Banners Update the Super Bowl intro team banners quickly with this kit.
Spoiler:
The Bears' and Colts' banners are set up as an example using the blank banner template.Image

TPF Goal Post Kit Update the goal posts. The entire Madden goal posts have been logged. Two textures share the same checksum, apply the placeholders to split them. (EA Sports, and Super Bowl #4)

TPF UNIFORMS Kit (Phase 2) Update the uniform/practice/pro bowl helmets and with one single helmet texture and the practice uniforms.
Spoiler:
The uniforms will be implemented in two or three phases. First phase is to log the practice uniforms. All the practice uniforms share the same checksum for the road jersey, shoulder and thigh textures. The Raiders and Saints share the home jersey checksum and the Colts and College Combine share the same thigh and home jersey. Apply the placeholders to split the checksum.

Phase 2 - Phase two will log the torso numbers of the home and road practice uniforms. These numbers are also used in the regular TUNI uniforms.

Phase 3 - Phase three will log the regular TUNI uniforms.

The previous TPF Helmet Kit has been merged with the TPF Practice uniform kit to create the TPF UNIFORMS Kit. There is no TPF included in this download to save download time.

User Created TPFs Here is an example of other user created TPFs.
Spoiler:
In the image below I have BigDaddyCool's Rams' Stadium with KeepItTeal's Sideline Pack.

...and this is how it is set up in uMod. Here is also a perfect example of the versatility of uMod. KIT's sideline pack comes with its own field and you could either disable the custom fields tpf and use the sideline pack's custom field or vise versa and all while the game is still in progress. I save the template, set it as the default and uMod will automatically load up my settings every time I start Madden. It's as if it is a DAT mod.

Essential Files Section
In this section you will find essential files for Madden. These files will consist of replacing files that either have errors or mistakes. Other files will enhance madden without affecting the vanilla install. Files that are replaced because of errors or mistakes may have to be re-logged if there is a TPF file associated with any textures replaced.

Stadiums Pack This pack includes the "stadium's crowd fix" plus previous stadiums like Sun Devil Stadium, practice fields E trough H, University Stadium, College Stadium, High School Stadium and the themed stadiums like the Marshals Stadium. Included are two CSV files that need to be imported in the STAD and CITY tables of the X mod - Base Files roster. The STADIUMS.dat and UIS_LIB_STADIUMS.dat files go in the "My Documents\Madden NFL 08" folder.

Included with the Stadiums Pack
Spoiler:
Stadium Crowd Fix This fixes the three stadium's crowd by using the stadiums from Madden NFL 07. TPF textures may need to be re-logged after applying the fix.

Player/Box Score Logo Fix This fixes the Player/Box Score logos. TPF textures may need to be re-logged after applying the fix.
Spoiler:
The Box Score Logo and the Player Logo share the same image. The image is 64x64 and it looks fine in the Box Score but when it is displayed in the Player logo the image looks distorded. This is fixed by replacing them with the team select logos that are 128x128.

Alternatively you can save Paint.NET DDS versions with mipmaps to truly have 64x64 in the Box Score and 128x128 in the Player team logo. TPF files are required to use Paint.NET DDS files.

The X mod - Base Files were decompressed using the decompressing utility and recompiled using stingray68's DEX editor and the DBR4.exe tool.

X mod Files
Quick overview of the DAT files.

COACHES.dat

DB_TEMPLATES.dat

FANDATA.dat

FIELDART.dat

STADIUMS.dat

UIS_LIB_LOGO_SLIVERS.dat

UIS_LIB_PLAYER_PORT.dat

UIS_LIB_STADIUMS.dat

UIS_LIB_TEAM_FONTS.dat

UIS_LIB_TEAM_LOGOS.dat

UNIFORMS.dat

If you have any questions please PM me before posting anything yet. Thank you.

X mod - Base Files

Sponsor

Sponsor

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Re: X mod - Base Files

Postby BUS36 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:54 pm

Looks pretty cool..nice work...
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

MDF2019
Rookie

Postby MDF2019 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:50 pm

Is there a way to add logos for the create-a-team section?

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:30 pm

add them to the custom art files..
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:32 am

Once you go into create a team, in the middle there's a section to add your "MAIN LOGO."

Then click on the "Stadium Info" tab, go to the "Stadium Section" and select "Field" and then you can add the endzone and midfield logos. There is no option for sliver logos unless you have Madden 06 - Madden 04.

MDF2019
Rookie

Postby MDF2019 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:54 pm

I did that and its not showing up. Is there a certain file type its supposed to be and is the logo supposed to go into the folders?

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:41 pm

The images need to be indexed to 256 colors (8-bit). Here are a few tutorials on creating your logos. Endzones go in the endzone folder, midfields in the midfield folder, mainlogo in the mainlogo folder...etc.

https://youtu.be/

https://youtu.be/

MDF2019
Rookie

Postby MDF2019 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:43 pm

I did what the videos showed and placed them in the right folders and the right file type and they are not showing up in Create-A-Team. What am i doing wrong?

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:40 am

Here's additional information regarding the logo files. If that doesn't resolve your issue then I am stumped as you.

Maybe reinstalling Madden may solve the issue.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/uu164vc9swhfnna/Custom_Artwork_Feature_2008.pdf/file

MDF2019
Rookie

Postby MDF2019 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:56 pm

Thank You! It worked but the background color is staying behind the logo for mainlogo and midfield. Is their a way to get rid of that?

Return to “Finished Mods”