HD PLAYERS MOD 1.0 by trey31

A collection of all finished mods!
jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Re: HD PLAYERS MOD 1.0 by trey31

Postby jose21crisis » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:28 pm

Hi, I have ... I guess I can call it a bug ... a bug with this mod. When I have the PLADATA.dat installed and in the Documents/Madden NFL 08 folder, the game runs fine, and it looks awesome. Now, if at any point I close Madden, then at some point I try to open it again, the game crashes when trying to load a game. This could only be fixed by me restarting my computer.

On one moment, while trying to figure out what was going on, I opened the Extra - New Features section. In the place where the game mentions some of the commands, there were black spaces instead of the keys to press. After I got out of the New Features section, the game crashed.

I decided to remove the PLADATA.dat, just because. After that, had no more crashes, not sure why. But those crashes started when I installed the mod. The models are pretty good looking though, so I kind want to keep it installed then restart my PC everytime I want to play Madden again.

EDIT: Disregard this. The problem was due to the calhoupe's Madden Scripts, not this mod. This mod is all good.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Sponsor

Sponsor

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:35 pm

jose21crisis wrote:EDIT: Disregard this. The problem was due to the calhoupe's Madden Scripts, not this mod. This mod is all good.

This is good to know. Thanks for the post and the update.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

donwash
All-Pro

Postby donwash » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:21 pm

Has it been determined if this mod will be included in the next FF Mod? I sure hope it is because the models look very nice and I'm unable to get it to work without the game crashing with or without Calhoupe's script.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:33 pm

donwash wrote:Has it been determined if this mod will be included in the next FF Mod? I sure hope it is because the models look very nice and I'm unable to get it to work without the game crashing with or without Calhoupe's script.

I haven't tested it yet.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:50 pm

It is the newer larger fields that cause it to crash...I have tried it with and without Calhoupe's Scripts..as soon as you load a game it crashes. Revan Fan has already commented about that.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

sticks2681
Rookie

Postby sticks2681 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:53 am

I apologize in advance for my confusion and lack of knowledge regarding modding this game and such. I downloaded and placed the PLADATA.dat file in the proper place and I haven't had any issues with crashing but as was mentioned above, when I go to play a game the field is black. Is there a way I might go about merging this with the PLADATA.dat from the FF/FI mod (or something else that can be done) to get it working?

killawhalediver
Rookie

Postby killawhalediver » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:20 pm

sticks2681 wrote:I apologize in advance for my confusion and lack of knowledge regarding modding this game and such. I downloaded and placed the PLADATA.dat file in the proper place and I haven't had any issues with crashing but as was mentioned above, when I go to play a game the field is black. Is there a way I might go about merging this with the PLADATA.dat from the FF/FI mod (or something else that can be done) to get it working?

Luckily you don't need to use this mod independently anymore. It is included in the new FF/FI mod. I was getting black field before the update, but now everything's running smoothly.

So just download the updated FF/FI mod and you should be good to go.

sticks2681
Rookie

Postby sticks2681 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:40 pm

killawhalediver wrote:
sticks2681 wrote:I apologize in advance for my confusion and lack of knowledge regarding modding this game and such. I downloaded and placed the PLADATA.dat file in the proper place and I haven't had any issues with crashing but as was mentioned above, when I go to play a game the field is black. Is there a way I might go about merging this with the PLADATA.dat from the FF/FI mod (or something else that can be done) to get it working?

Luckily you don't need to use this mod independently anymore. It is included in the new FF/FI mod. I was getting black field before the update, but now everything's running smoothly.

So just download the updated FF/FI mod and you should be good to go.

I appreciate your response but unless I used the wrong file from the FF/FI mod (it comes with three versions of PLADATA.dat, I used the one with no "-orig" suffix), or made some other kind of user error, then the equipment from this mod isn't in the latest FF/FI package. The cleats, gloves, sleeves, and everything else are different between the two.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:18 pm

The FF/FI Mod only uses the helmets from this mod. The rest of the equipment is by 1312qohelet. There are two reasons for that. 1. I haven't had time to evaluate the rest of the HD Players mod. 2. It seems as though using this mod with the FF/FI Mod causes an overload of oversized graphics, causing the black fields.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

sticks2681
Rookie

Postby sticks2681 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:11 pm

Thanks RevanFan. I liked some of the gloves in particular from this mod but 1312quhelet's work that is in the FF/FI mod is certainly good as well so I'm not going to lose any sleep over not being able to use this HD mod if it causes problems due to engine limitations or whatever the underlying cause is. :)

Return to “Finished Mods”