HD Helmets Mod (DAT)

A collection of all finished mods!
weezii24
Rookie

Re: HD Helmets Mod (DAT)

Postby weezii24 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:36 am

Chargers Field went dark when i place this mod... how to fix this? is there any solution to this problem??

Sponsor

Sponsor

rambolz
All-Pro

Postby rambolz » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:07 am

weezii24 wrote:Chargers Field went dark when i place this mod... how to fix this? is there any solution to this problem??

I don't think anyone knows what on earth is going on with those fields. I have the problem, some other users with seemingly the same settings and mods don't have it. So if you're looking for a tough task, figuring out the black fields is one..

AND, I have never used the HD helmets mod and I have the black fields. It seems like everyone else gets it when they install this, but I have it without, so there's that :lol:

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:53 am

RevanFan wrote:
madden07eurocat wrote:
RevanFan wrote:Black fields were a problem with some stadiums in the mod. Which stadium were you playing in?
I was going to play in Lincoln Financial Field (PHI). I was thinking the same thing, but since it only happened when I installed this mod and was gone when I took it out, there has to be a common thread somewhere. Just trying to think what it is.

No idea, but Lincoln Financial is working in the current version of the mod files using these helmets with Q's equipment. If you need a fix for the continuation of your franchise, PM me and I'll send you my copy of PLADATA.
I finally got this Mod to work correctly in Levi's Stadium. When I changed the ST35 (STAD Table) field back to 713 opposed to the new 717 entry, the PLADATA.dat for this mod worked just fine. I had to create a new field for my franchise, but that was done with pick6's template and all is good. You won't see the change until the ARI game in Levi's stadium though. No crashes and the helmets look great!
Don't sweat the petty things, and yet don't pet the sweaty things! ;)

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:56 am

madden07eurocat wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
madden07eurocat wrote:I was going to play in Lincoln Financial Field (PHI). I was thinking the same thing, but since it only happened when I installed this mod and was gone when I took it out, there has to be a common thread somewhere. Just trying to think what it is.

No idea, but Lincoln Financial is working in the current version of the mod files using these helmets with Q's equipment. If you need a fix for the continuation of your franchise, PM me and I'll send you my copy of PLADATA.
I finally got this Mod to work correctly in Levi's Stadium. When I changed the ST35 (STAD Table) field back to 713 opposed to the new 717 entry, the PLADATA.dat for this mod worked just fine. I had to create a new field for my franchise, but that was done with pick6's template and all is good. You won't see the change until the ARI game in Levi's stadium though. No crashes and the helmets look great!

Excellent news!

Here is what RevanFan explained in the other thread.

RevanFan wrote:I will comment that Levi's Stadium was having crashes in the latest FF Mod version due to an issue with full field textures that cropped up for seemingly no reason. I just tested minutes ago, using Trey's helmets, Q's equipment, and a modified STAD table, and there were no crashes on Levi's Stadium. So my suggestion is to do what works until the new mod update is out, and when that time comes, test again and see if it works fine.

And like others have mentioned, they've had the same issue and had never used my helmets.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:38 pm

So.... Not that it really has much benefit... But you can modify the tmdl and render facemasks to tattoo slots, and they'll clip/combine with other facemasks... :lol:

Spoiler:

Fun and games aside, you could probably nix stuff like knee braces and replace them with a robot mask and something else (one left slot, one right slot) and use them to double render some masks sort of like the LB/DL masks. I'd guess anyway. Just thought I'd share a happy accident.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:49 pm

That would be amazing if we could successfully "trick" the game into having more modern face masks by having then masquerade as tattoos!
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:49 am

RevanFan wrote:That would be amazing if we could successfully "trick" the game into having more modern face masks by having then masquerade as tattoos!

Well so far, two roadblocks. 1) I can't find the tmdl info for patches and bands, only tattoo right/left. So setting 1 facemask nulls all tattoos on that arm. 2) knee braces disappear because the render call is being replaced with the facemask geometry and material, leaving no geometry for the thighs that the braces are attached to.

I can probably get creative, but it would require someone who isn't me to make db/roster edits to make sure nobody is using whatever gets replaced by accident, otherwise there would be really odd combinations of facemasks.

Maybe we could use one of those empty facemask slots and edit them onto players via editor, but I don't know how those work neither, nor who told me about them... elguapo? It was so long ago I don't even recall what thread it was in. :|

Here's what the masks look like when clipped.
Spoiler:

Left mask: Full with clipped RB Robots. Right mask: default Full

2-Bar with clipped RB Robots

Also note, the clipped mask is not being rendered with a facemask shader, only it's material color from the uniform palette. Interesting. If I knew how to do it for default masks, I'd 86 all facemask shaders and release an update for the Dynamic Lighting Mod...

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:05 pm

Moved from Dynamic Lighting Mod

1312qohelet wrote:
trey31 wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:Agreed.
It'll cause way too many problems by using other equipment slots and tattoos.
Think of running a Franchise. The CPU-generated draft classes would be all jacked-up. It would be a ton of work, strightening all of that out befor each season.

Pretty much. Unless they can go into an empty slot that was mentioned before?

How does one access these empty slots?
Neither NZA, nor Madden AMP show empty slots. Would a new editor have to be made? Or an existing editor re-coded to read and attribute these?

I knew we've had this conversation before. It wasn't just deja vu!

trey31 wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:
trey31 wrote:Helmet, Facemask information update: There are 8 slots in db for helmets. Currently the game uses 5 slots. That leaves 3 empty slots. I'm hoping Revo Speed, Revo Speed Flex, and Vicis Zero1 helmet models can use those three slots without replacing any existing helmets.

Once we have the ability to both export 3D model data (already can) and properly view/edit it as OBJ models (currently in development), I anticipate improved original Madden helmet models as well (Schutt DNA converted to the Schutt Vengeance Pro?).

There are 16 slots in db for facemasks. Currently the game uses 14 slots. That leaves us, hopefully, with two empty slots for new facemasks. From there I believe modding/updating the three current Revolution masks allowing them to be used interchangeably with the Revolution, Revo Speed, and Revo Speed Flex helmets would be the best course of action. That would leave two empty slots for Vicis Zero1 facemasks. In addition, I also think it would be a good idea to remove the 1-bar and 2-bar thin facemasks from the game, freeing up an additional two slots as well. Maybe one slot for a fourth Revo mask and one slot for a third Zero1 mask?

StingRay68 is currently developing a new editor (http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19720) that may enable the ability to add additional slots in the future. If that becomes a possibility, we may be able to add even more helmet and facemask styles.

I have a question.
You say in DB there are 8 slots for helmets, but only 5 available in-game.
How do you make the other 3 as available selections on the Equipment Selection screen?
Or would we have to assign them with NZA, like the TC Shoes?

Either way is cool...just curious.

Interesting question. Well if we can get them into the game, that's half the battle. Using a utility to select them wouldn't be ideal, but if that is the only way it works then I suppose it will have to suffice. I'm not sure if we can make the game recognize the other options?

Edit: Unless we can track down the selection screen options in one of the game files? Great question actually.

Edit #2: If this is the case, perhaps we should move some of the default helmets to the other slots and replace the current slot with the new models? So for instance Schutt Vengeance/DNA would stay, as would Style 1, but perhaps Style 2 (Adams) should move so that Zero1 could go there? Same with Revolution, move it and put either Speed or Speed Flex in that slot so the newer style Revo would be used and easier to select? Same issues with facemasks, but likely even more complicated.

If I had to venture a guess, based on other games I've modded, each slot should be labelled similarly to how it appears in the menu (e.g. BK Glove, QB Wrist, etc). I would guess they would be in a db file, or whichever dat the other menu assets are in?

VirdeeMan is working on a dat conversion of his (excellent) menu mod, perhaps we should be poking around some of the same files looking for name tags?

That would be my guess for how to get the current ones renamed. As far as using empty slots, I still haven't found the posts about it from... one of the veterans here. Elguapo, austinmario, rogerjinx? Someone for sure mentioned using empty slots though.

Probably even without an editor we could use a db editor or a .csv import/export to edit the slot calls, if there were something there to call that is. Right now there is nothing, they're empty, so most likely nothing visible would happen.

The question about that though, is how do we assign a helmet overlay to the model in the case of helmets?

Also, If I knew how to get triangle data in/out (MoRE doesn't currently export/import triangle data), I could actually, bear with me here, take Madden's existing geometry, triangle, clst (color style), etc. values for an existing object (e.g. RB Robot facemask) and take the same data for a different object (e.g. Full facemask) and add the data from the second model to the end of each (corresponding) data group.

The result should be a lot of redundant draw data (most of the non-Revo masks share geometry.... lazy ass EA), but it should still draw the new object the same way it draws the clipped objects. If it worked, and really it's all existing data so no reason why it wouldn't work, that combined information could then replace the Half facemask's geometry information in the Half facemask slot. The result would be a new model that looks exactly the same as the clipped screenshot, except it would have the facemask shader applied to the entire model.

Actually, I wouldn't need MoRE (though, that would be much easier) I really just need to be able to identify all of the geometry sections in the tmdl (in HxD) for each of those three models, and then it would be a task of copy/pasting the second helmet's data onto the end of the first's data (each section, not quite child's play) and then moving all of it to overwrite the Half facemask section.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:13 pm

Also moved from a different thread

I need this to reference later and forgot which thread it was in until I just happened upon it.
ChalupaBatman wrote:
trey31 wrote:
ChalupaBatman wrote:Sure. Send em on over :)

Can't seem to find that image of the 3D Ripper import settings for 3DS Max? Can you repost it?

I want to try to import a .3DR Madden hair ponytail model that isn't skewed, then export it to .obj so I can compare it's face data with some of the tmdl face data in StingRay68's MoRE program. Do some sleuthing. Crack this egg.

Here ya go:

Spoiler:

it's straight from the 3d ripper website:

http://www.deep-shadows.com/hax/3DRipperDX.htm#quickstartguide

Quick hints, if you have a 1080p moitor, the aspect ratio would be 1.77777777 repeating (16 divided by 9). As for FOV (which is height based), I did some quick testing, and the number seems to be either 32 or 33 (small margin of error, since I couldn't get the camera all the way to the ground)... which is shockingly low, but I guess it makes sense considering how limited your view is in game. Anyway, hope that helps.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:16 pm

trey31 wrote:I knew we've had this conversation before. It wasn't just deja vu!

I genuinely forgot about that.
I apologize for the repeat

Return to “Finished Mods”