HD Arms, Hands, Tattoos, and Equipment Mod (DAT)

A collection of all finished mods!
trey31
Hall of Fame

Re: HD Arms, Hands, Tattoos, and Equipment Mod (DAT)

Postby trey31 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:36 pm

rambolz wrote:Great job with this as well! I noticed yesterday the mostly one colored TC gloves, great that you fixed them. Thanks!

Yea I forgot to index the color before I converted my texture to the RB Glove palette/color table. So all the anti-aliased edges were added to the palette and it ended up having about 70 more colors than were needed. Mee posted the fix and when I looked at his .dds I noticed my error in the original texture's edges.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin5455 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:27 pm

trey31 wrote:
rambolz wrote:Great job with this as well! I noticed yesterday the mostly one colored TC gloves, great that you fixed them. Thanks!

Yea I forgot to index the color before I converted my texture to the RB Glove palette/color table. So all the anti-aliased edges were added to the palette and it ended up having about 70 more colors than were needed. Mee posted the fix and when I looked at his .dds I noticed my error in the original texture's edges.

Nice job....is that you? ;)

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:31 pm

Great job with the update..

trey31 wrote:I'm thinking about doing another Nike glove for the RB slot in v.1.2 release. One that isn't nearly as complex with the snake skin texture as the Jet 4 Snake.

Looks cool..
So the Giants traded Beckham....

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:20 pm

Kevin5455 wrote:Nice job....is that you? ;)

In my avatar? Yea. It's me (not mee, lol).

I've been doing No Shave November for several years. I've lost multiple family members to cancer and colorectal cancer and it's something small but maybe someone sees my signature or Zeus beard and decides to get an exam or donates a few bucks that may save lives down the road.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:40 pm

mee wrote:Great job with the update..

trey31 wrote:I'm thinking about doing another Nike glove for the RB slot in v.1.2 release. One that isn't nearly as complex with the snake skin texture as the Jet 4 Snake.

Looks cool..

I like the Cutters Rev 2.0 but I like the Vapor Jet 4 as well. I'll probably release a v.1.2.nike and v.1.2.cutters dual-release and switch the slots and have 3 Cutters and 1 Nike or 3 Nike and 1 Cutters gloves.

I was also thinking about doing a generic glove in the RB slot that has a complex palm design and a nice backhand fabric design and then have an Adidas logo, Cutters C logo, and a Swoosh logo (none overlapping) in three separate colors in the color table that are colored nearly the same by default, but changing the individual team uniform palette could give one team a Swoosh, another team the Trefoil or a 3-stripe (but not the pyramid, it looks weird mirrored), and another could have the Cutter's C.

But getting it 100% is going to be a chore. And it would be a generic glove rather than an actual design...

Col. Trautman
MVP

Postby Col. Trautman » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:12 pm

I've noticed that there seems to be a drawing distance by the game where HD textures are loaded vs the rougher defaults. Occasionally the facemasks do not render, could it possibly be done on a smaller file/mmap size that loads HD at further distances, but doesn't slow gameplay or rendering?

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:49 pm

Col. Trautman wrote:I've noticed that there seems to be a drawing distance by the game where HD textures are loaded vs the rougher defaults. Occasionally the facemasks do not render, could it possibly be done on a smaller file/mmap size that loads HD at further distances, but doesn't slow gameplay or rendering?

Most likely yes. I don't recall what the other EA game was that used mipmaps like this at distance, but some of the textures had smaller mipmaps (always 4, I believe) so it went 512x512, 256x256, 128x128, 64x64 for some textures but other textures had identical sized mipmaps so they were 512x512, 512x512, 512x512, 512x512. I assumed that was so those certain textures would always load higher resolutions at distance.

Also there are different player, helmet, and facemask models, most likely for rendering at distance. I planned to replace the smaller helmet and facemask models with the more complex ones to see what would happen... But that was last winter and I ran out of time before I could get to it.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:10 pm

HD Ball Mod v.2.0

Companion to this mod, but it is in STADATA.dat and not PLADATA.dat

ALL credit to mee for creating and releasing v.1.0 and allowing me to release v.2.0

The template texture was slightly modified and the default dimple texture was replaced. This is different from the HD Ball tpf I did last year. It caused issues in .dat/indexed color and also had some moire issues.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:15 pm

Does this mod at all interfere with Q's equipment mod?
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Toacrawler
Veteran

Postby Toacrawler » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:20 pm

RevanFan wrote:Does this mod at all interfere with Q's equipment mod?

The gloves and the sleeve from Q's equipment disappear.. It would be great if they stay. And by the way the WT,BK and TC wrist if they can be thinner like nike wrist band it would be awesome :D :D

Return to “Finished Mods”