HD Arms, Hands, Tattoos, and Equipment Mod (DAT)

A collection of all finished mods!
trey31
Hall of Fame

Re: HD Arms, Hands, Tattoos, and Equipment Mod (DAT)

Postby trey31 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:44 pm

Lol

Stop trying to motivate me to finish the sock and release the overhaul mod!! :D

I see some glaring issues with that screenshot and I already fixed a lot of them...

But my new ******* sock texture getting all jacked up and warping like it does, it can **** my ******* **** and get bent and **** itself and jump off a ******* building for all I care. :shock: :?

I'm really sick of Madden's textures and the warping...

But I'll release it soon enough. Just have to get motivated enough to finish it without throwing my pc through a window.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

Sponsor

Sponsor

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:13 am

trey31 wrote:Lol

Stop trying to motivate me to finish the sock and release the overhaul mod!! :D

I see some glaring issues with that screenshot and I already fixed a lot of them...

But my new ******* sock texture getting all jacked up and warping like it does, it can **** my ******* **** and get bent and **** itself and jump off a ******* building for all I care. :shock: :?

I'm really sick of Madden's textures and the warping...

But I'll release it soon enough. Just have to get motivated enough to finish it without throwing my pc through a window.

Shit, it's like you're inside my head.

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:04 am

BUS36 wrote:those were amazing ..you and Q have done such great work..I must bow to both of your greatest.....that also goes with rogerjinx, mee(Johnny Shuffleboard), and the rest of the Mod Team..

I can't wait to place them in the game ....

Agreed, the stuff you guys have done lately to update this game is just phenomenal! Last night I loaded up Super Bowl LII and thought, wow, I can't believe I'm looking at a game that is ten years old. Thanks fellas!!!

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:09 am

KeepinItTeal wrote:
BUS36 wrote:those were amazing ..you and Q have done such great work..I must bow to both of your greatest.....that also goes with rogerjinx, mee(Johnny Shuffleboard), and the rest of the Mod Team..

I can't wait to place them in the game ....

Agreed, the stuff you guys have done lately to update this game is just phenomenal! Last night I loaded up Super Bowl LII and thought, wow, I can't believe I'm looking at a game that is ten years old. Thanks fellas!!!

I think I'll spend some time Spring-Fall this year (when I don't have enough time to mod) making some goals for next winter.

With the new Dat decompression tool... I'm thinking I want to look into replacing all the pm300.ea3/pm600.ea3/pm1200.ea3 player model v/f and texture vt data with the values from the pm2400.ea3 tmdl. Basically make everything (in regards to the players at least) have the same draw distance. No more morphing bodies/helmets/facemasks as the camera zooms in/out.

And that's before getting a chance to look at all the stuff that's been "locked" away via compression.

I pretty much understand the gist of how the Skel values work now, they're the center point value of the different model components. I'm about 95% sure that they are being used for motion and collision detection (95% sure since collision clipping seems to stop around the center of the forearm and thigh/knee; the only reason I'm not 100% sure is because of the clipping detection on the torso and head)

And I'm about 99.99% sure the Skel is used for growing/shrinking the model shapes dimension (Skel values main purpose in Imagine 3.0 is growing/shrinking). Definitely used for the in-game player model size adjustment sliders (99.99% sure this is the case, which explains why EA was still using the Imagine 3.0 software 10 years past its final release date; they built their model size-adjustment sliders on the Skel values back on the SNES/N64 releases and stuck with it all the way until the 360/PS4 remake, which explains in a lot of ways, why the previous next-gen PS3 and 360 games felt so different... they were different. Rebuilt entirely. The models, textures, animations (tackling, throwing, running, blocking, etc), body-size sliders, all of it had to be redone to bring the game up to date with that new 720p HD thing...)

If MoRE ever gets to a point where it is possible to import/export the "triangle" data from the tmdl the same way the v and vt data is imported/exported, I'm fairly confident that the models can be exported to .X (Direct3D model data file format), converted to .OBJ, modified in literally any 3D modeling software (including the one ChalupaBatman used, Sketchup), converted back to .X, and imported back into the tmdl.

If we ever get to that point... I'm not going to be scribbling on crappy textures in Photoshop anymore... I'll start putting fabric wrinkles on the torso/socks/pants/etc models directly, bypassing the textures and letting the game's shaders do their job. I've already modded those once, if I need to modify them again, not a big deal really.

That would be the biggest improvement to the game imho, stop messing with the damn low-res, full-coverage, square/rectangle textures that stretch and warp to hell and back and modify the models directly. Especially, the vt texture data that tells DirectX where to apply/stretch (not stretch) the textures to and from at the different vertex points on the model. That way we could use uniform textures for fabric/textile patterns, that just look like appropriately colored mesh or polyester fabrics, rather than using the textures to draw fake pad contours and fake shading and fake wrinkles, etc.

I'd love to smooth out the polygons/faces/triangles, put actual pad contours on the shoulder pads... shoes that are shaped like shoes... shrink the thigh pads and shape them like pads rather than a little series of pyramids, muscle and bone contours on the arms and calves, fingers and hands that look like fingers and hands...

Possibilities wouldn't be limitless, due to DX9 limitations, but I'm confident the game could look at least as good as Assassin's Creed II. Maybe even approach Half-Life 2, Far Cry 1 territory...
Spoiler:
All of those are DX9 games, and Assassin's Creed II uses the same shader compiler (9.11.519.0000) that Madden 08 uses...
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:11 pm

trey31 wrote:I think I'll spend some time Spring-Fall this year (when I don't have enough time to mod) making some goals for next winter.

After thinking more about my last post, about next winter, I think I'm done (after this upcoming mod release) with texture mods in M08. The only exception to that, obviously, is if the possibility of modding models is realized. Every model section that is altered will need a new texture. Or at the very least a rebuilt texture.

There are very valid reasons that 3D games stopped drawing shading and contours onto textures in the late 1990's (think Goldeneye on N64). You can never really get it 100% right. That is what the Model and shaders are for, to shade the contours of the model in the same way a real object would be shaded.

With modded player models, I think M17/PS3-esque visuals, with M08's gameplay (obviously) is a completely reasonable goal.

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:29 pm

So we have to get Stingray to finish MoRE?
So the Giants traded Beckham....

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:22 pm

mee wrote:So we have to get Stingray to finish MoRE?

Currently the only thing it doesn't do is import/export the triangle data. (unless there are other things it needs? Idk really)

I have no clue how StingRay converts the vertex and triangle data in the tmdl files. I can't make heads or tails of it. But I'm not a coder either, I do graphic design, ie textures. But I've learned a ton about models and modeling this past year and I'd love to have a go at it with M08 tbh.

kkende112233
All-Pro

Postby kkende112233 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:35 pm

for some players the arms look a little off, like for example brian dawkins. half of his arms look a different color then the other half

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:51 pm

That's hair.
So the Giants traded Beckham....

kkende112233
All-Pro

Postby kkende112233 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:50 pm

mee wrote:That's hair.

yes im aware of that but it doesnt look right

Return to “Finished Mods”