HD Arms, Hands, Tattoos, and Equipment Mod (DAT)

A collection of all finished mods!
trey31
Hall of Fame

Re: HD Arms, Hands, Tattoos, and Equipment Mod (DAT)

Postby trey31 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:15 pm

Austinmario13 wrote:
mee wrote:
trey31 wrote:I'm going to try out a double gradient version for sleeves, and also the reverse of this for undershirts. Those would be black and white only if I used tattoos and pads and rubber pad though. No team colors in the uniforms for any of those.

I still think the best place for the undershirts in the elbow pad slot..
And the best place for the one-arm sleeve is the TC DOUBLE+ELBOWwristband.

I second that.. I've said that for years.

Well I think rogerjinx said thiat isn't compatible with the roster since it is based on Q's equipment mod?

I'll put it together however the community wants it. In my opinion, and I'm not saying anyone else's opinion is wrong, a sleeve is a sleeve to me, regardless of the slot it is in. And I'd love team colored undershirts.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

Sponsor

Sponsor

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:26 pm

trey31 wrote:Well I think rogerjinx said thiat isn't compatible with the roster since it is based on Q's equipment mod?

I'll put it together however the community wants it. In my opinion, and I'm not saying anyone else's opinion is wrong, a sleeve is a sleeve to me, regardless of the slot it is in. And I'd love team colored undershirts.

Every teams equipment would have to be re-done, but even if it wasn't it would look fine(just wrong).
The main thing with equipment is the combos. When you load a roster not set for Q's equip, you see players wearing black bottoms and white top on their sleeves. That's why the equip in the roster had to be redone.
Under my proposal, the combos from Q's equip(SingeWrist+RubberPad/TurfTape) would still look fine.
The bad combos in my proposal (TC DOUBLE+WT(BK)WRIST) shouldn't be combos in Q's equip either.
So the Giants traded Beckham....

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:39 pm

mee wrote:Here's how I'd get the sleeves in..
WRIST
QB wrist-keep
Single wristband-keep, maybe play around with the exact location(3 colors)
Double wristband-1/4 sleeves (3 colors)
ELBOW
Turf Tape- white wristband
Rubber Pad- ??
Pad(with no bump)- I'd do the short undershirt (1/2 sleeve from top) (4 colors, wt, bk, tc1, tc2)
Wristband- Top of one-arm sleeve, hopefully with a gap.

This should work in PLADATA.dat like this..
TurfWrist- Would have a single wristband in the wrist and another just above the elbow
RubberQB- Would have the QB wrist on the bottom. Not sure what on top
Pad- Would have the short undershirt on top
Sweatbands- Would have the onearm sleeve.

Also, to keep in line with Q's equip, I'd put the Nike glove in the glove slot, and UA in the RB Glove. Cutters(white) in the taped slot.

I'm going to touch base with Q and work out an outline. I still have to make a new textile pattern to replace the snakeskin on the Nike Jet glove before it can go to the standard glove slots, I think I might have a *slight* palette issue with UA to the RB Glove slots, but I'd rather have UA with three color options than Cutters, so it is moving to Taped slot.

I know what you're referring to, how much of a gap do you think? I've seen photos of it almost at the arm pit and others only slightly above the elbow only slightly above the lower bicep.

I'll PM rogerjinx and Q and make a build plan. Hopefully finish before Tuesday.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:48 pm

trey31 wrote:
I know what you're referring to, how much of a gap do you think? I've seen photos of it almost at the arm pit and others only slightly above the elbow only slightly above the lower bicep.

Hmm.. I'd say near the armpit.
So the Giants traded Beckham....

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:10 pm

mee wrote:
trey31 wrote:

Hmm.. I'd say near the armpit.

I'll have to sort out the warping issue at the top of the bicep but I'd guess it won't be too much of an issue if it's just stuck that way.

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:13 am

WRIST
QB wrist-keep
ELBOW
Rubber Pad- ??
Pad(with no bump)- I'd do the short undershirt (1/2 sleeve from top) (4 colors, wt, bk, tc1, tc2)

TurfWrist- Would have a single wristband in the wrist and another just above the elbow

Also, to keep in line with Q's equip, I'd put the Nike glove in the glove slot, and UA in the RB Glove. Cutters(white) in the taped slot.

Rubber pads should stay the same. There are many players who still wear them.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:41 pm

Note to self: Nick Sorensen eye and nose tape.

Map each individual eye nose texture with separate color maps, and don't set alpha for the test images.

Also, find the smeared eye paint .PNG layer from the face texture in the Texture Replacement thread.

Also remember to not tell anyone how dope the gradient sleeves tested until after the Chiefs game when I have a chance to post screenshots. :D

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:42 pm

Austinmario13 wrote:
WRIST
QB wrist-keep
ELBOW
Rubber Pad- ??

Rubber pads should stay the same. There are many players who still wear them.

I'll make one. A lot of o- lineman wear them.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:55 pm

Spoiler:

I'm going to do something different with the seam/inner sleeve panel. I don't care for it. May just try a stitch pattern and call it a day.

Also going to reverse the gradient and see how it looks flipped.

Palettes that share textures are really finicky though.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:59 am

Flipped the gradient. Had to redo it though, inverse colors screwed up the palette again (:evil:)...

Removed the inner fabric panel and replaced it with a single seam/stitching.

Do we like these, and if so, do we want the gradient style for one-arm sleeves as well? Everything has to be rebuilt for their respective palettes so I can't just drop the same texture into different slots and expect it to work with the different palette. So either way, I can do a different style, or if we like gradients I can do the dark-light-dark style for standard sleeves and then do light-dark-light for one-sleeves.

Spoiler:

Return to “Finished Mods”