Dynamic Lighting Mod (DAT)

A collection of all finished mods!
1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Re: Dynamic Lighting Mod (DAT)

Postby 1312qohelet » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:07 am

trey31 wrote:
I don't have time to try swapping those draw calls at the moment, but remind me after I release the new mod in the next few days and I will try to look into this for you. I think setting mirrored to draw the normal might make helmets flat? Unfortunately, if it does, it might make all helmets flat?

But anyway, who knows what will happen until it is tinkered with?

I have a pretty goood idea. Unfortunately, it proabaly has nothing to do with the sheen of the helmets.
This is similar to hip and shoulder decals.
In the UNIF table of the #12-file of DB_TEMPLATES.dat has a label titeld UCHL - I believe this stands for UNIFORM CUSTOM HELMET LOGO, or something similar. The different number values set by this will take a Decal from the uniform, either Decal0 or Decal1 and place it on the helmet. I believe you have found that data in your TMdl.
Helmetlogodisable = blank helmet, or no logo.
Helmetlogonormal = the both logos face the same direction on each side of the helmet. This would be required for logos like "SF", "GB", or "C" for example.
Helmetlogomirror = the logos are mirrored from one another.

However, since most, if not all uniform makers found that you can get a high resolution logo, by placing it directly on the HELMET DDS', this value is not used and set to "0" (nothing), for all uniforms.

There is something else, too.
Within the UNIF table, there is a label titled UHFI - which, I believe, stands for UNFORM HELMET FILTER, or something of the like:
0.png
0.png (20.72 KiB) Viewed 2161 times

Setting this to value "1" makes the affected uniforms helmet appear darker, less reflective:
(helmet on right with "filter" activated)
1.png
1.png (75.45 KiB) Viewed 2161 times

Two negatives for this.
#1) It considerably darkens the helmet logo. Perhaps using the decal, as mentioned above, would allow the helmet to filtered, while the decal remains bright? I dunno.
Furthermore, the use of these decals on the helmet presents a huge, glaring problem for uniforms, such as the Jags, or Saints, that need the uniforms' decal slots for the shoulder, hip, or chest.
#2) Activating this "filter" only results in changes visible on the uniform selection screen, as well as the equipment screen. Unfortunately, produces no visual results in-game:
(the home [right side] helmet is the uniform with the filter activated)
3.png
3.png (99.97 KiB) Viewed 2161 times

You may disagree with what I've laid out....and that's cool. Hey, I've been wrong before ;)
I simply wish to share this information.

Sponsor

Sponsor

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:06 am

1312qohelet wrote:You may disagree with what I've laid out....and that's cool. Hey, I've been wrong before ;)

Why would I do that Uniform GOAT?!

You just schooled me son! :lol:
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:17 am

trey31 wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:You may disagree with what I've laid out....and that's cool. Hey, I've been wrong before ;)

Well, I guess the main reason would be, that I've never tested any aspect of my theory...other than what I've shown in the screenshots.

Your support is always appreciated, my friend

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:17 am

1312qohelet wrote:
trey31 wrote:This is similar to hip and shoulder decals.

Code: Select all

UpperPatch......g...LowerPatch......h...FullPatch.......i...Ring............

You think ^ is related to the hip and shoulder decals?
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:18 am

1312qohelet wrote:
trey31 wrote:

Well, I guess the main reason would be, that I've never tested any aspect of my theory...other than what I've shown in the screenshots.

Your support is always appreciated, my friend

Well you know your stuff and I'm confident you know more than me :D

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:37 am

trey31 wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:
trey31 wrote:This is similar to hip and shoulder decals.

Interesting....it might could very well be.
Though, I've never seen them labelled as "Patches" before. The uniforms, as well as DB_TEMPLATES, use the words, "Decal" and/or "Logo".
However, that could simply be how JDHalfrack's and StingRay68's editors were coded to read them.....possibly? maybe? outside chance? snowball's chance in the bloody pit of Hades? I dunno....
Perhaps StngRay will see this and chime in.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:47 am

1312qohelet wrote:
trey31 wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:

Interesting....it might could very well be.
Though, I've never seen them labelled as "Patches" before. The uniforms, as well as DB_TEMPLATES, use the words, "Decal" and/or "Logo".
However, that could simply be how JDHalfrack's and StingRay68's editors were coded to read them.....possibly? maybe? outside chance? snowball's chance in the bloody pit of Hades? I dunno....
Perhaps StngRay will see this and chime in.

Decal...........€...DecalSleeve.....„...LeftShoe........‡...RightShoe.......Š...Sleeve..............ChinStrap...........HelmDecal...........

HelmDecal is what I modded for the helmet mod. The texture in Pladata render to the outer helmet shell. A long time ago in a Galaxy far, far away I had a thread about disassembling the tom brady player model. There were two full helmet shells, plus other bits on the shell, like tabs, screws, helmet numbers, etc. The outer one is the helmet overlay.

I just don't know what decal, decalsleeve, upperpatch, lowerpatch, fullpatch, ring(??), etc are?

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:53 am

trey31 wrote:
I just don't know what decal, decalsleeve, upperpatch, lowerpatch, fullpatch, ring(??), etc are?

I don't know the others, but "DecalSleeve" certainly refers to shoulder decals....100%
In the UNIF table of #12-DB_TEMPS, the setting for shoulder decals is UDSL = UNIFORM DECAL SLEEVE:
9.PNG
9.PNG (16.04 KiB) Viewed 2132 times

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:57 am

1312qohelet wrote:
trey31 wrote:

I don't know the others, but "DecalSleeve" certainly refers to shoulder decals....100%
In the UNIF table of #12-DB_TEMPS, the setting for shoulder decals is UDSL = UNIFORM DECAL SLEEVE:
9.PNG

Yea I am pretty sure it's organized by calls for model geometry, material/mesh color, and textures. So I'm kinda figuring some of this out bit by bit.

Too bad I can't take all of the geometry data from the RB Robot and just add all of the geometry from the Full Mask to it and have it all render as a full mask in the RB Robot slot. That would be easier than using knee braces and such.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:09 am

trey31 wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:
trey31 wrote:

9.PNG

Yea I am pretty sure it's organized by calls for model geometry, material/mesh color, and textures. So I'm kinda figuring some of this out bit by bit.

Too bad I can't take all of the geometry data from the RB Robot and just add all of the geometry from the Full Mask to it and have it all render as a full mask in the RB Robot slot. That would be easier than using knee braces and such.

Agreed.
It'll cause way too many problems by using other equipment slots and tattoos.
Think of running a Franchise. The CPU-generated draft classes would be all jacked-up. It would be a ton of work, strightening all of that out befor each season.

Return to “Finished Mods”