FF/FI Mod Release Thread - 4/5/2021- Playbook, Portrait Update

A collection of all finished mods!
RevanFan
Legend

Re: FF/FI Mod Release Thread - 4/5/2021- Playbook, Portrait Update

Postby RevanFan » Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:02 am

I am still hoping to release one final mod version that I work on, but I have no ETAs. Frankly, I haven't even reinstalled Madden on my computer since I redid Windows. But my time with this mod is far closer to its end than its beginning. And right at the moment I don't have the passion I used to.

I will say I am incredibly happy that there are people here willing to step up in the absence of me and other long time modders. And I hope there are many more years ahead for potential fantastic mods and ideas. But I think, if the FF/FI Mod continues after me, it should probably be with a new leader and a new vision. Or this mod should be retired, and a new total conversion should take its place. Something that gets to start fresh. Madden is just not the same part of my life that it once was, and frankly neither is this community. There was a time I'd post 20 times a day and read literally every word posted on this site. Not anymore. And that is really sad for me, and I tried to get the passion back, but I haven't been able to.

But I do have a ton of cool new uniforms, and the unlocked UFID and TUCO restrictions for said uniforms, so when I do eventually drop the last update, there will be far more Nike uniforms in the game, and hopefully a few classics as well. But I'll be removing the older uniforms that have those texture issues in the uniform select screen. I'll only be keeping classic uniforms that don't have that issue. They will obviously still be available with old versions of the mod though.

As for when this last update will come out... I have no idea. But I am going to continue to try to give myself the motivation and passion to complete it. I just can't tell you when that will be. So if someone were to come along with a new idea for a total conversion, I would suggest you give them all the help and support you can while you wait for one last update from me.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Gronky
All-Pro

Postby Gronky » Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:28 am

RevanFan wrote:I am still hoping to release one final mod version that I work on, but I have no ETAs. Frankly, I haven't even reinstalled Madden on my computer since I redid Windows. But my time with this mod is far closer to its end than its beginning. And right at the moment I don't have the passion I used to.

Thanks for your time help and support

bamarulzz
Pro Bowl

Postby bamarulzz » Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:59 am

RevanFan wrote:I am still hoping to release one final mod version that I work on, but I have no ETAs. Frankly, I haven't even reinstalled Madden on my computer since I redid Windows. But my time with this mod is far closer to its end than its beginning. And right at the moment I don't have the passion I used to.

I will say I am incredibly happy that there are people here willing to step up in the absence of me and other long time modders. And I hope there are many more years ahead for potential fantastic mods and ideas. But I think, if the FF/FI Mod continues after me, it should probably be with a new leader and a new vision. Or this mod should be retired, and a new total conversion should take its place. Something that gets to start fresh. Madden is just not the same part of my life that it once was, and frankly neither is this community. There was a time I'd post 20 times a day and read literally every word posted on this site. Not anymore. And that is really sad for me, and I tried to get the passion back, but I haven't been able to.

But I do have a ton of cool new uniforms, and the unlocked UFID and TUCO restrictions for said uniforms, so when I do eventually drop the last update, there will be far more Nike uniforms in the game, and hopefully a few classics as well. But I'll be removing the older uniforms that have those texture issues in the uniform select screen. I'll only be keeping classic uniforms that don't have that issue. They will obviously still be available with old versions of the mod though.

As for when this last update will come out... I have no idea. But I am going to continue to try to give myself the motivation and passion to complete it. I just can't tell you when that will be. So if someone were to come along with a new idea for a total conversion, I would suggest you give them all the help and support you can while you wait for one last update from me.

can you also look at the db template file that Roger did for this season ? The week 17/18 games are getting out of order in franchise mode causing some teams to sim both weeks at once with the same score . thanks

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:31 am

bamarulzz wrote:

can you also look at the db template file that Roger did for this season ? The week 17/18 games are getting out of order in franchise mode causing some teams to sim both weeks at once with the same score . thanks

that has nothing to do with this mod.

bamarulzz
Pro Bowl

Postby bamarulzz » Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:06 am

Austinmario13 wrote:
bamarulzz wrote:

that has nothing to do with this mod.

DB Templates are in the Core files of the mod

hcrhow
Rookie

Postby hcrhow » Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:31 pm

Hello. My PC keeps crashing once I load the game via Calhoupe's Madden Scripts1.70.

It would let me click around the menu and then it would freeze.

I followed the steps but am sure I must've missed something. When I downloaded/extracted the core files, I literally dropped the files (unless it states to specifically drop it into the program files...install directory) right into the root documents/madden 08/ folder. Is this correct or did I have to place the files into specific folders "within" the docs madden 08 folder?

Thanks for any guidance!

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:15 pm

hcrhow wrote:Hello. My PC keeps crashing once I load the game via Calhoupe's Madden Scripts1.70.

It would let me click around the menu and then it would freeze.

I followed the steps but am sure I must've missed something. When I downloaded/extracted the core files, I literally dropped the files (unless it states to specifically drop it into the program files...install directory) right into the root documents/madden 08/ folder. Is this correct or did I have to place the files into specific folders "within" the docs madden 08 folder?

Thanks for any guidance!

That's correct. It usually freezes for a few seconds with the scripts if you set it up to run a specific resolution in fullscreen, but then comes back. Are you using a custom resolution in the scripts?
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

rykng123
Rookie

Postby rykng123 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:36 am

wicked2002 wrote:link for FF/FI XIX (2018 season) is broken

here is the link to the FF/FI XIX (2018 season)
https://www.mediafire.com/file/qw9qzyjb ... IX.7z/file

Return to “Finished Mods”