FF/FI Mod Release Thread - 4/5/2021- Playbook, Portrait Update

A collection of all finished mods!
brwngator
Rookie

Re: FF/FI Mod Release Thread - 4/5/2021- Playbook, Portrait Update

Postby brwngator » Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:01 pm

RevanFan wrote:
brwngator wrote:I am attempting to use the latest release with Madden but a lot of the jerseys are having an issue where it seems like the textures are not loading properly. The main jerseys for all of the teams seem like they work, but any alternates and attempting to create a team, the jerseys look something like the attached.

Creating uniforms in-game doesn't work with the mod installed. Uninstall the Uniforms.dat file before creating them and then reinstall it when you're done.

Thank you for the response. Your solution worked.

Sponsor

Sponsor

sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Postby sarcasticface » Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:00 pm

The link for the 2018 season mod isn't working.

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:36 am

Been thinking about how to improve Superstar mode, have some ideas.

Are the number of interview questions editable? How about the influence value of each answer? There could be pre and post game press conference interviews for every game if we lower the rate at which the answers effect influence (substantially) and increase the rate of scheduled interviews.

When M08 was released social media wasn't nearly as much of a factor in the NFL, now there's coverage for everything. Scenarios could be built into the questions for realism and replayability. For example:

"One of the best players on the team got hurt in practice this week, are they gonna be ready for the game this Sunday?"

"Your opponents have said your roster isn't very good this year and you won't be much of a match up, how do you respond?"

"One of your rookie teammates hasn't given up his college lifestyle, they were arrested for a DUI and fined by the league. Is this player a liability to this teams success?"

Honestly I love the interviews, though I doubt it's possible to add the day-to-day schedule, if they could be added to franchise mode too and directed towards the Coach instead of the players that would be awesome, even without a influence factor.

Would it be possible to remove the helmet and shoulder pads for the combine workouts?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:58 pm

The interviews definitely can't be added to franchise mode. As for adding questions, I don't know if that's possible but I know it's possible to CHANGE the questions that already exist. They're located in one of the files the mod uses. StreamedData maybe? I don't exactly remember.

Removing helmet and shoulder pads for combine workouts... That I have no clue. I kind of doubt it but I've been surprised before.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:57 am

I'm working on playbooks and new loading screens, both of them with 2023 in mind and can be used on the FF/FI Mod. What's left to do for the 2023 release?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:51 am

TheRareButter wrote:I'm working on playbooks and new loading screens, both of them with 2023 in mind and can be used on the FF/FI Mod. What's left to do for the 2023 release?

Honestly mostly I just need to update uniforms. I have most of them ready but I've been kind of... not lazy... but my mind has been other places lately. I'll try to get back to it soon and finish up what is needed.

I don't actually plan to include modified playbooks in the next version, but I will link to both your books and Mike's books on the first post so people can use whatever books they prefer.
My Cowboys Journal

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:58 am

RevanFan wrote:
TheRareButter wrote:I'm working on playbooks and new loading screens, both of them with 2023 in mind and can be used on the FF/FI Mod. What's left to do for the 2023 release?

Honestly mostly I just need to update uniforms. I have most of them ready but I've been kind of... not lazy... but my mind has been other places lately. I'll try to get back to it soon and finish up what is needed.

I don't actually plan to include modified playbooks in the next version, but I will link to both your books and Mike's books on the first post so people can use whatever books they prefer.

I appreciate the link, playbooks are extremely tedious to make and I'm not surprised there hasn't been many major playbook projects in the past lol.

I've been getting much better (and cleaner) at making them with each book, the AI relies on the playbooks to a much greater degree than I thought. Simply extending the max route distance for verticals on base playbooks from 32 to 42 yards makes QBs flash their arm strength more. Mahomes (97 THP) launched a 75 yarder. Because the WRs run deeper, the ball hangs in the air longer extending the overall pass distances. Making the CPU runs screen plays has been the most complicated but I finally figured it out 100 plays into the 4th playbook (Bills), so I'll need to redo all the previous ones in the other books.

I've been testing the new animations file too. Fixed the sideline issue, gonna need a few weeks of gameplay to see if there's any other issues. Really need a bunch of people testing them if anyone wants too join in, here's the thread. I think that they cause the AI to work in a new way, but I'm not sure about that. They might even be 60fps instead of 30 because they seem so much smoother, but maybe it's just the placebo effect.

I noticed that the base game has more stat line pop ups and I've never seen the career stats one with the FF/FI mod. Were they removed intentionally?

Hoping someone crackes the code for field degradation soon, that'd be the icing on the cake.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:59 am

TheRareButter wrote:I noticed that the base game has more stat line pop ups and I've never seen the career stats one with the FF/FI mod. Were they removed intentionally?

It would take hundreds of hours to update career stats each season. Not worth it.
My Cowboys Journal

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:43 pm

I've freeze/crashed 3 times the past week with the FF/FI mod at the goal line. Doesn't happen with the base game nor rogerjinx's rosters in the base game. Any idea why?

EDIT: I think it's a playbook issue, see here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=23539

A Random Person
Rookie

Postby A Random Person » Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:19 pm

Hey there...
I have been following this mod/thread for some time now (maybe 1 or 2 years or so, not that it matters.) and I want to express my love for it.
Personaly Madden 08 has become "unplayable" for me without this mod, so a massive thank you !!!

So let me get straight to the point...

I understand that you have some problems (lack of a chair, a mouse, a keyboard etc) {I don't know if some of these problems have been sorted out. I have to log in here some months...} but I wanted to ask what is the progress of this year's release?
I understand that it must be frustrating for you to hear (read...*cough) this question. But I just want to know...
Unless if we are at the state of "When its done".

Whatever the case please allow me to express my respect for you and your work in this mod.
*Takes off hat.

Keep up the good work. :D :D :D

Return to “Finished Mods”