FF/FI Mod Release Thread - 4/5/2021- Playbook, Portrait Update

A collection of all finished mods!
RevanFan
Legend

Re: FF/FI Mod Release Thread - 4/5/2021- Playbook, Portrait Update

Postby RevanFan » Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:33 am

Vikingsfan82 wrote:Is there a new version of the mod? The front page still has the 2021 update. Am I missing something?

There is not. Frankly I haven't felt motivated at all to update the mod lately, and I hardly even come to this forum anymore. There will be a new update eventually... but it'll likely be my last.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Vikingsfan82
Rookie

Postby Vikingsfan82 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:03 pm

RevanFan wrote:
Vikingsfan82 wrote:Is there a new version of the mod? The front page still has the 2021 update. Am I missing something?

There is not. Frankly I haven't felt motivated at all to update the mod lately, and I hardly even come to this forum anymore. There will be a new update eventually... but it'll likely be my last.

Got it. For some reason I saw people posting about the latest mod and thought there was an update.
You have done us all well with the updates thus far - we thank you for it!

tinpanalley
All-Pro

Postby tinpanalley » Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:31 pm

RevanFan wrote:

Honestly, I have to tell you, it is extraordinary already the years you put into this. It is extremely well done but it is extremely arduous work. And I find that increasingly the crowds of people wanting a good offline experience in a good mechanically and physically sound game is dwindling. I go into a forum for a sports game I like now and I don't have a clue what the posters are talking about. All online, FUT, HUT, etc etc crap that I can't understand. I have a declining number of places where I can go to discuss the older sports games that we all played offline. It's sad. I've said this before, but I've been thinking for some time about starting a site just for offline sports gamers to congregate, share mods, get help with mods, etc. We're not the majority anymore in sports gaming.
Anyway, glad you're taking a break. You deserve it. Thanks for the mods over the years.

DooDJ
Rookie

Postby DooDJ » Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:24 pm

Hello out there...

I am pretty new to the mod scene for Madden 08 and I have successfully installed the latest FF/FI mod - My only issue is that when I use the 49er's Levi Stadium (an exhibition game, if that matters), the exhibition game attempts to load but then crashes to the desktop. I've loaded up nearly all other stadiums and they load up just fine (using exhibition game mode).

What's odd is that if I preview Levi Stadium, it loads up (stunning stadium) just fine and I can roam the stadium without issue.

Any help would be much appreciated.

DooDJ

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:37 pm

tinpanalley wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

Honestly, I have to tell you, it is extraordinary already the years you put into this. It is extremely well done but it is extremely arduous work. And I find that increasingly the crowds of people wanting a good offline experience in a good mechanically and physically sound game is dwindling. I go into a forum for a sports game I like now and I don't have a clue what the posters are talking about. All online, FUT, HUT, etc etc crap that I can't understand. I have a declining number of places where I can go to discuss the older sports games that we all played offline. It's sad. I've said this before, but I've been thinking for some time about starting a site just for offline sports gamers to congregate, share mods, get help with mods, etc. We're not the majority anymore in sports gaming.
Anyway, glad you're taking a break. You deserve it. Thanks for the mods over the years.

Well said... The lad deserves a break AFTER he finishes his final mod. RevanFan if you want any assistance just reach out. Who's updating the Washington Commanders logos's/uniforms/etc?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:41 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
tinpanalley wrote:
RevanFan wrote:There is not. Frankly I haven't felt motivated at all to update the mod lately, and I hardly even come to this forum anymore. There will be a new update eventually... but it'll likely be my last.

Well said... The lad deserves a break AFTER he finishes his final mod. RevanFan if you want any assistance just reach out. Who's updating the Washington Commanders logos's/uniforms/etc?

Honestly I'm not sure yet. My plate outside of Madden is pretty full right now, but if I do need assistance, I'll reach out to you.

If you want, you can coordinate with some of the graphics people on my behalf to get the uniforms done. The logos I imagine will likely be done by Roger at some point.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:43 pm

DooDJ wrote:Hello out there...

I am pretty new to the mod scene for Madden 08 and I have successfully installed the latest FF/FI mod - My only issue is that when I use the 49er's Levi Stadium (an exhibition game, if that matters), the exhibition game attempts to load but then crashes to the desktop. I've loaded up nearly all other stadiums and they load up just fine (using exhibition game mode).

What's odd is that if I preview Levi Stadium, it loads up (stunning stadium) just fine and I can roam the stadium without issue.

Any help would be much appreciated.

DooDJ

Are you using the default roster? Are you 100% sure you're using the latest version of the mod?

DooDJ
Rookie

Postby DooDJ » Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:55 pm

Mr. Revan,

I am 100% using the latest mod version but you've solved the issue as I wasn't using the default roster. Switching to it, and we are finally good to go. My apologies for the bother. I'll just go old school and switch to Candlestick if I use any other roster.

What an incredible gorgeous mod (and the highly detailed effort as well). I wish I had discovered this many many many moons ago.

DooDJ

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:57 pm

DooDJ wrote:Mr. Revan,

I am 100% using the latest mod version but you've solved the issue as I wasn't using the default roster. Switching to it, and we are finally good to go. My apologies for the bother. I'll just go old school and switch to Candlestick if I use any other roster.

What an incredible gorgeous mod (and the highly detailed effort as well). I wish I had discovered this many many many moons ago.

DooDJ

Do note that Rogerjinx's current roster is fully compatible with the mod as well.

tinpanalley
All-Pro

Postby tinpanalley » Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:30 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:Well said... The lad deserves a break AFTER he finishes his final mod. RevanFan if you want any assistance just reach out. Who's updating the Washington Commanders logos's/uniforms/etc?
Well, honestly, I was trying to be a bit more generous by saying he stop even now if he wants, but sure, one more why not if he's up for it. :D It's just that modders, I've found over more than a decade, aren't like athletes.. they rarely say they retired at the right time, they usually say they probably should have stopped a year or two before.

Return to “Finished Mods”