FF/FI Mod Release Thread - 4/5/2021- Playbook, Portrait Update

A collection of all finished mods!
chriswhiteskate
Rookie

Re: FF/FI Mod Release Thread - 10/27/2018 - Large Update

Postby chriswhiteskate » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:30 pm

I haven't crashed while playing at the Bills stadium, but when I played the field art was the 49ers field art. I just played anyways and it never crashed, but I don't know what's going on.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:06 pm

chriswhiteskate wrote:I haven't crashed while playing at the Bills stadium, but when I played the field art was the 49ers field art. I just played anyways and it never crashed, but I don't know what's going on.

I tested the 49ers days ago and they're fine.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:18 pm

RevanFan wrote:
BelieverInTeal wrote:For those of you who are having problems when the Bills are at home, try replacing file 6 of your db templates file with the one below.

You think it's a roster issue? How so? If it's the ST35... I still don't get why I'm not having issues myself.

I suspected that it was an ST35 issue but the reasoning is something I don't fully understand.

I've been out of the loop for a while so you're going to have to get me up to speed here. From what I've gathered, you guys started having some issues with a black field or the game crashing after you started adding more "HD" graphics to the Pladata.dat, is that right?

On my end, loading the 49ers field (when set to ST35 = 717) causes a crash and loading Twickenham leads to a black field. It can't simply be a problem with loading a full field (2048x1024 graphic in the ST35 slot) because the Raiders field works fine.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:12 am

BelieverInTeal wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
BelieverInTeal wrote:For those of you who are having problems when the Bills are at home, try replacing file 6 of your db templates file with the one below.

You think it's a roster issue? How so? If it's the ST35... I still don't get why I'm not having issues myself.

I suspected that it was an ST35 issue but the reasoning is something I don't fully understand.

I've been out of the loop for a while so you're going to have to get me up to speed here. From what I've gathered, you guys started having some issues with a black field or the game crashing after you started adding more "HD" graphics to the Pladata.dat, is that right?

On my end, loading the 49ers field (when set to ST35 = 717) causes a crash and loading Twickenham leads to a black field. It can't simply be a problem with loading a full field (2048x1024 graphic in the ST35 slot) because the Raiders field works fine.

The Raiders one was giving other people problems though.

The PLADATA file does appear to have a big part in the issue. As far as I remember, when it was just Q's equipment, we didn't have any issues. I don't recall having any issues after installing Trey's helmets either, but the problems started after we started installing more full field textures. We also updated many stadiums to be higher definition, but that doesn't appear to have had any impact. Only the equipment and full fields seem to cause issues. No half field textures ever have issues.

I tried to install an update to the referees that sarcasticface sent me. I can't remember who created the original TexMod version though. Maybe KIT? But that caused issues on every full field, not just some of them. So I uninstalled that, but the issues continued. I then reverted my equipment and field art files to before I had issues, and installed everything again (other than the refs), and I no longer had issues. But other people, clearly, still do.
My Cowboys Journal

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:35 pm

Let's do some testing to try and figure out what causes crashes. For those who would like to volunteer, please follow the instructions below:

1. Download the roster in this post. You can save it in the rosters folder or install it into file 6 of DB Templates.dat.

Please note that this roster has been altered from the one that was posted on Thursday.
  2. Download the three files below.
  3. Make a back up on the Fieldart.dat. Now load the Fieldart.dat using the DFR.
  4. Replace file 320 (arrays unchecked) with Test File A.
  5. Load the game with the Bills as the home team. Does the game crash? Do you get a black field?
  6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 with Test Files B and C.
  7. Report which files led to crashes/black fields and which didn't.
Attachments
Test File A.dat
(2 MiB) Downloaded 78 times
Test File B.dat
(2.5 MiB) Downloaded 51 times
Test File C.dat
(2.63 MiB) Downloaded 56 times

sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Postby sarcasticface » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:48 pm

I'll do it, but I can't til Monday...

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:27 pm

Test A was fine..played the Bills at home ..no crash ..no black field... Did it on Default and Jinx's Ver.9.0 roster

Edit: note ST35 was 719
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

donwash
All-Pro

Postby donwash » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:32 pm

I followed the instructions and these are the results of the test.

Test File A didn't cause a crash, but the field was black. Both Test File B and Test File C caused crashes.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:38 am

BUS36 wrote:Test A was fine..played the Bills at home ..no crash ..no black field... Did it on Default and Jinx's Ver.9.0 roster

Edit: note ST35 was 719

For testing purposes, turn the ST35 back to 717.
My Cowboys Journal

donwash
All-Pro

Postby donwash » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:40 am

donwash wrote:I followed the instructions and these are the results of the test.

Test File A didn't cause a crash, but the field was black. Both Test File B and Test File C caused crashes.

I completed the same test with ST35 changed to 717 and all 3 of the Test Files crashed.

Return to “Finished Mods”