FF/FI Mod Release Thread - 9/10/2019 - First 2019 Update

A collection of all finished mods!
ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Re: FF/FI Mod Release Thread - 9/10/2019 - First 2019 Update

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:56 am

It's been a while since Revan mentioned that "special" thing that BiT was coming up with. Any updates?
"My wife passed away seven years ago, right, but the sun came up the next day, the world kept spinning and people kept going to work, and that's what we're going to do." - Mike Zimmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:02 pm

ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:It's been a while since Revan mentioned that "special" thing that BiT was coming up with. Any updates?

Yes, I haven't gotten around to installing the latest files yet. Haven't been using Madden for a little while.

I will say that it is stadium-related.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:55 pm

RevanFan wrote:
ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:It's been a while since Revan mentioned that "special" thing that BiT was coming up with. Any updates?

Yes, I haven't gotten around to installing the latest files yet. Haven't been using Madden for a little while.

I will say that it is stadium-related.

I figured. Still excited either way.
"My wife passed away seven years ago, right, but the sun came up the next day, the world kept spinning and people kept going to work, and that's what we're going to do." - Mike Zimmer

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:38 pm

ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:The case comes from a simple glance at both versions of FirstEnergy. I don't have screenshots on me now, but anyone who's played Madden 08 can say that the FES model is terrible. The stands are farther away from the field than any other stadium in the game, no exaggeration. The stadium model itself is just too big and also too square.
I got the idea for this about a couple years ago when I played Madden 04 for the first time and was going through stadium previews. None of the other stadiums looked better than their 08 counterparts...except FES. The stadium was correctly sized, was close to the field, and overall just is better to look at.
Updating it if we get it into 08 won't be a problem. It's all a matter of getting it in.

Also, I noticed the Practice Field H updates. Don't worry.

So I had some time this past week or so to work on this. After much work to make the 04 version functional, I was able to capture the screenshots from the same distance to make a comparison.

The yardage difference is determined but comparing the wall coordinates using sting's MoRE. Now, I say the stadium is "functional" because there are certain features that don't work in 08. The graphics themselves are smaller in the 04 version so unless there's a good reason why anybody would want this one, I'm not going to spend any more time on it.

*This is unrelated to what you and Revan were talking about.

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:58 am

BelieverInTeal wrote:
ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:The case comes from a simple glance at both versions of FirstEnergy. I don't have screenshots on me now, but anyone who's played Madden 08 can say that the FES model is terrible. The stands are farther away from the field than any other stadium in the game, no exaggeration. The stadium model itself is just too big and also too square.
I got the idea for this about a couple years ago when I played Madden 04 for the first time and was going through stadium previews. None of the other stadiums looked better than their 08 counterparts...except FES. The stadium was correctly sized, was close to the field, and overall just is better to look at.
Updating it if we get it into 08 won't be a problem. It's all a matter of getting it in.

Also, I noticed the Practice Field H updates. Don't worry.

So I had some time this past week or so to work on this. After much work to make the 04 version functional, I was able to capture the screenshots from the same distance to make a comparison.

The yardage difference is determined but comparing the wall coordinates using sting's MoRE. Now, I say the stadium is "functional" because there are certain features that don't work in 08. The graphics themselves are smaller in the 04 version so unless there's a good reason why anybody would want this one, I'm not going to spend any more time on it.

Can you send me the stadiums.DAT file with this stadium in it? I want to go through it and see what I can do.

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:57 pm

ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:
BelieverInTeal wrote:So I had some time this past week or so to work on this. After much work to make the 04 version functional, I was able to capture the screenshots from the same distance to make a comparison.

Can you send me the stadiums.DAT file with this stadium in it? I want to go through it and see what I can do.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17327

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:14 pm

BelieverInTeal wrote:
ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:Can you send me the stadiums.DAT file with this stadium in it? I want to go through it and see what I can do.

http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopi ... 20&t=17327

I was referring to the one you used to convert this specific stadium. I wanted to see how everything else looked in the actual game.

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:59 pm

ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:
BelieverInTeal wrote:
ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:Can you send me the stadiums.DAT file with this stadium in it? I want to go through it and see what I can do.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17327

I was referring to the one you used to convert this specific stadium. I wanted to see how everything else looked in the actual game.

You will need a hex editor such as HxD.

jorge580
Rookie

Postby jorge580 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:31 pm

If I have not downloaded any of the FF/FI files in about 3 years. Do I need to download files from a certain point or could I just download the newest files of the mod? Any help is appreciated

rambolz
All-Pro

Postby rambolz » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:17 pm

jorge580 wrote:If I have not downloaded any of the FF/FI files in about 3 years. Do I need to download files from a certain point or could I just download the newest files of the mod? Any help is appreciated

If you just download the 5 required packages from the first post you should be good to go!

Return to “Finished Mods”