TV Networks mod | All 2017 Networks | Auto Switching for Franchise Mode

A collection of all finished mods!
tinpanalley
All-Pro

Re: TV Networks mod | All 2017 Networks | Auto Switching for Franchise Mode

Postby tinpanalley » Thu May 31, 2018 4:53 pm

fsh wrote:
tinpanalley wrote:So just copy over after downloading?

Yes, it's really that easy. Just make sure to check settings.ini to see if everything's configured properly.

Wait, for some reason I'm not understanding this again to go to version 12 from 11.
"you only need to copy the new MaddenNetworkSwitch.exe, settings.ini and networks.ini files. Make sure to check if everything in settings.ini is set correctly." Copy from where to where?

Also, sort of related... I had to reinstall the whole game after a Windows reinstall, long story. In any event I managed to get everything working again, even got my season back, but how do I get its TV network alignment back? I only get the FF logo when I load the game. (I have my entire previous install backed up so if there were files created in the last install I have them if they're of any use). Thanks for any help. :)

Sponsor

Sponsor

fsh
All-Pro

Postby fsh » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:24 pm

tinpanalley wrote:Wait, for some reason I'm not understanding this again to go to version 12 from 11.
"you only need to copy the new MaddenNetworkSwitch.exe, settings.ini and networks.ini files. Make sure to check if everything in settings.ini is set correctly." Copy from where to where?

From the download zip file to the mod folder.

tinpanalley wrote:Also, sort of related... I had to reinstall the whole game after a Windows reinstall, long story. In any event I managed to get everything working again, even got my season back, but how do I get its TV network alignment back? I only get the FF logo when I load the game. (I have my entire previous install backed up so if there were files created in the last install I have them if they're of any use). Thanks for any help. :)

Install the TV network mod as described in the first post of the thread. Then run the mod utility as described in the same post. If you have copied everything from your previous install, you can probably just run the mod utility.

tinpanalley
All-Pro

Postby tinpanalley » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:54 pm

fsh wrote:From the download zip file to the mod folder.
Ok, first I'm gonna get the v11 I was using working and then I'll worry about upgrading to v12.
fsh wrote:Install the TV network mod as described in the first post of the thread. Then run the mod utility as described in the same post. If you have copied everything from your previous install, you can probably just run the mod utility.
Oh, you think I can just run the mod now? Can I break anything if I try and it fails?

fsh
All-Pro

Postby fsh » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:14 pm

tinpanalley wrote:Oh, you think I can just run the mod now? Can I break anything if I try and it fails?

Just make sure to put the right files in the base folder. See steps 3-6 under "How to use it" in the first post of this thread.

tinpanalley
All-Pro

Postby tinpanalley » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:47 pm

fsh wrote:
tinpanalley wrote:Oh, you think I can just run the mod now? Can I break anything if I try and it fails?

Just make sure to put the right files in the base folder. See steps 3-6 under "How to use it" in the first post of this thread.

Don't get it, no matter what I do it's crashing when I click to Play the Game.

fsh
All-Pro

Postby fsh » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:49 pm

tinpanalley wrote:
fsh wrote:

Don't get it, no matter what I do it's crashing when I click to Play the Game.

Did it crash before you ran the mod?

tinpanalley
All-Pro

Postby tinpanalley » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:53 pm

fsh wrote:Did it crash before you ran the mod?
No. And it was just showing me the FF logo in the network spot and in the bottom left. franchise command executable is pointing to the right franchise.
I also just tried replacing everything from the last install (documents folder, mods folder, game install, etc.) Tried to run that and that failed too. I may just need to install from scratch but while reloading a franchise save and even running your Calhoupre scripts works, maybe it just isn't possible to reactivate previous TV network settings mid season?

fsh
All-Pro

Postby fsh » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:05 pm

tinpanalley wrote:
fsh wrote:Did it crash before you ran the mod?
No. And it was just showing me the FF logo in the network spot and in the bottom left. franchise command executable is pointing to the right franchise.
I also just tried replacing everything from the last install (documents folder, mods folder, game install, etc.) Tried to run that and that failed too. I may just need to install from scratch but while reloading a franchise save and even running your Calhoupre scripts works, maybe it just isn't possible to reactivate previous TV network settings mid season?

Well, you'll have to run it before every game anyway. Could you try to run the backup.cmd script that's in the mod folder? After that run the game again and see if it still crashes.

tinpanalley
All-Pro

Postby tinpanalley » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:16 pm

fsh wrote:Well, you'll have to run it before every game anyway. Could you try to run the backup.cmd script that's in the mod folder? After that run the game again and see if it still crashes.
Sure, I could, but from which install? The one that was running before Windows was reinstalled? The one from the fresh install?

fsh
All-Pro

Postby fsh » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:18 pm

tinpanalley wrote:
fsh wrote:Well, you'll have to run it before every game anyway. Could you try to run the backup.cmd script that's in the mod folder? After that run the game again and see if it still crashes.
Sure, I could, but from which install? The one that was running before Windows was reinstalled? The one from the fresh install?

From the fresh one that is now crashing.

Return to “Finished Mods”