FF/FI XVI Release Thread

A collection of all finished mods!
WalrusFootball
Rookie

Re: FF/FI XVI Release Thread

Postby WalrusFootball » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:03 pm

RevanFan wrote:
WalrusFootball wrote:After installing this, the game crashes whenever it loads the field. I get to the menu and stuff but the game crashes after starting a game, or even previewing a field.

Are you sure you installed everything properly? Are you using the roster listed as [Default Roster]?

Ya the install wasn't very complicated, I can't imagine I did anything wrong, and ya default roster.

Also before this install the remote buttons were showing up as numbers, is that because I have an Xbox one remote vs a 360?

Sponsor

Sponsor

WalrusFootball
Rookie

Postby WalrusFootball » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:24 pm

Ok not sure what I did but I got it working, the controller buttons are still coming up as numbers though making it impossible to play.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:33 pm

WalrusFootball wrote:Ok not sure what I did but I got it working, the controller buttons are still coming up as numbers though making it impossible to play.

They always will. You either have to learn the numbers or download a mod that changes the look to show Xbox buttons. I don't know where it is, but I'd check the files page first.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

GermanPanther
Rookie

Postby GermanPanther » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:14 am

Hallo,

this was discussed hier already. After QB sacks the QB is injured.
***Sorry for my bad english***

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:29 am

GermanPanther wrote:Hallo,

Yeah, it's a well known problem that quarterbacks get hurt too often. Nothing can really be done about it without lowering the injury sliders for every player.
My Cowboys Journal

rambolz
All-Pro

Postby rambolz » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:28 am

RevanFan wrote:

Yeah, it's a well known problem that quarterbacks get hurt too often. Nothing can really be done about it without lowering the injury sliders for every player.

Isn't there a injury attribute for every player? I mean similar to skills like speed and awareness. What if you just increase that for all the QB's?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:35 am

rambolz wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

Isn't there a injury attribute for every player? I mean similar to skills like speed and awareness. What if you just increase that for all the QB's?

Doesn't matter. A QB with both an INJ and a TGH rating of 99 will still constantly go down to injury. The game was just designed poorly in that manner. It's similar to how offensive linemen will never get hurt for more than a few plays even with 0 INJ rating and 200% injury sliders.
My Cowboys Journal

rambolz
All-Pro

Postby rambolz » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:02 pm

RevanFan wrote:
rambolz wrote:
RevanFan wrote:Yeah, it's a well known problem that quarterbacks get hurt too often. Nothing can really be done about it without lowering the injury sliders for every player.

Doesn't matter. A QB with both an INJ and a TGH rating of 99 will still constantly go down to injury. The game was just designed poorly in that manner. It's similar to how offensive linemen will never get hurt for more than a few plays even with 0 INJ rating and 200% injury sliders.

Not too surprising..

Completely different topic: are the playbooks and/or their contents changed in this mod compared to the vanilla Madden 08? I'm asking because the moonbax guide for 2016 playbooks has this note
EDIT 11/09, current list of potential 2016 coach playbooks using FF-modded GAMEDATA.dat modified 1/16/2011:

It says modified in 2011, so a pretty old modification? If the playbooks are drastically modified that would make the moonbax recommendations pretty much useless if playing without the FF-modded .dat file.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:06 pm

It's the same old one, which is still fairly similar to Madden 08's.

WalrusFootball
Rookie

Postby WalrusFootball » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:04 pm

RevanFan wrote:
WalrusFootball wrote:Ok not sure what I did but I got it working, the controller buttons are still coming up as numbers though making it impossible to play.

They always will. You either have to learn the numbers or download a mod that changes the look to show Xbox buttons. I don't know where it is, but I'd check the files page first.

I can't find a mod for the xbox buttons anywhere, can you help me out?

Return to “Finished Mods”