NCAA 17 (FieldBuilder) v3.1

A collection of all finished mods!
pick6
Hall of Fame

Re: NCAA 17 FieldBuilder v2.0

Postby pick6 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:23 pm

mark3llz wrote:what game is this for?

Slightly confused by the need for this question but it's a mod for Madden NFL 08 PC. It turns it into a small but high quality NCAA game.

On a separate note, I've just realized it's been 4 weeks since the last update and I didn't mean to leave it so long. The screenshots in the first post are from my current working version which I haven't yet released, which contains many updates to the fields and roster that v2 doesn't have.

I was planning to tie in the next release with Littleware's roster ratings work; how you doin on that front dude?

Sponsor

Sponsor

mark3llz
Pro Bowl

Postby mark3llz » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:00 am

pick6 wrote:

Slightly confused by the need for this question but it's a mod for Madden NFL 08 PC. It turns it into a small but high quality NCAA game.

On a separate note, I've just realized it's been 4 weeks since the last update and I didn't mean to leave it so long. The screenshots in the first post are from my current working version which I haven't yet released, which contains many updates to the fields and roster that v2 doesn't have.

I was planning to tie in the next release with Littleware's roster ratings work; how you doin on that front dude?

i'm sorry about the question, i just didn't know they had a college football game, i hate to sound ignorant, but where and how can i play it?

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:03 am

mark3llz wrote:
pick6 wrote:

i'm sorry about the question, i just didn't know they had a college football game, i hate to sound ignorant, but where and how can i play it?

First you need to have Madden installed. Then you download the files. Then you install the files. Then you load the .tpf files. Then you play the game.

If you need more details, just send me a PM.

Vols410
Rookie

Postby Vols410 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:23 am

Hey guys, great work with this mod so far, it looks absolutely amazing.

I have a quick question; I've been using the Heisman mod because I like having all (or most) of the teams in FBS at my disposal, but would it be possible for me to use the fields from this mod for the teams that are available. For example, since the Tennessee field is made in this mod, would it be possible for me to use that field instead of the one that comes with the Heisman mod?

Thanks in advance for any help!

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:16 pm

Vols410 wrote:I've been using the Heisman mod because I like having all (or most) of the teams in FBS at my disposal, but would it be possible for me to use the fields from this mod for the teams that are available.

In theory you could do it, but the .tpf fields in this mod won't work off-the-bat with that mod, as they use different memory addresses. You'd need to read up on how to open a .tpf using TPFextract, and then make changes to the definition file (.def) to incorporate the memory addresses that the Heisman mod uses, and then build your own custom .tpf.

Additionally, my current working version of this mod (not yet released) uses two different half-fields and two different endzones for many teams, whereas the Heisman mod can only accommodate one half-field and one endzone per team. For that reason alone I won't be doing this myself. Personally I'd prefer to see more teams added to this mod, using the existing FieldBuilder framework for increased possibilities. However, I've no plans to add any more myself at this time!

What you want to do is certainly doable, and at the easy end of the scale, so if you're really interested in doing it, now's a great time to learn how to build your own .tpf using mine as the base. You have my permission to open up my own .tpf's and learn from them, but please bear in mind that the creators of the Heisman mod would not want you to make changes to Heisman .tpf's and then re-upload them.

I'd recommend you start by having a good read through my TrueTurf thread and FAQ, which will answer a lot of your questions.

Good luck! ;)

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:05 pm

Quick update:

It's been 2 weeks since Littleware last logged on, and so I don't know where he's currently at with the ratings. I've sent him a pm asking for his status though. Only 4 weeks left to my self-imposed deadline (Dec 3) which I will be sticking to rigidly regardless. I do still enjoy picking away at my fieldart, but I don't enjoy being on this forum any more. As I've said, I created this mod with the sole intention of demonstrating the highest quality fieldart I could make, and I'm very happy with what I've achieved so far. Input has been kinda what I expected though; very sporadic, not always dependable, but sometimes great. Ultimately it feels like most of the time I'm just talking to myself here though.

I really want to get the next update out, as there are considerable improvements to the existing fieldart, plus more advanced MICH and MISS too. I'm not sure how much I'll get done by Dec 3, but it is still possible if I use my time well. For that reason, I will not be responding to any more posts or pm's requesting help, so apologies in advance.

I will also start limiting my presence here, so that I'm not wasting valuable time typing out posts like this! ;)

Once I reach Dec 3, I will release everything I've got, and then step away. Others will be free to continue to develop this in its current form, or in a different form, subject to a couple of very basic conditions. At that point, I intend to ask the moderators to lock this thread, but others may continue it in a new thread if they wish.

Finally, I am no longer taking any offers for fieldart help. As I said, this mod was created with the sole intention of demonstrating the highest quality fieldart that I could possibly make, so I may as well continue that intention for the time that is left. Others can contribute whatever they wish after Dec 3.

I know I've said I'd leave a couple of times before, and each time have come back, but the last break was for 15 months. I would be quite happy if I could stick to it this time. I simply no longer get anything back from being here. I do enjoy making fieldart for myself, but this forum isn't active enough in the areas that interest me the most to keep me here.

Finally finally, I respectfully ask that you don't post gushing praise below; I've had quite a lot of ass-licking pm's recently, and I feel much of it is insincere. Just not a good time for that kind of thing. ;)

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:36 pm

pick6 wrote:.
Finally finally, I respectfully ask that you don't post gushing praise below; I've had quite a lot of ass-licking pm's recently, and I feel much of it is insincere. Just not a good time for that kind of thing. ;)

Screw you, pick....and whatever in-bred, half-retarded horse, you rode in on!
Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.
:lol: I couldn't help it :lol:
Best of luck, pick6! 8-)

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:41 pm

1312qohelet wrote:
pick6 wrote:.

Screw you, pick....and whatever in-bred, half-retarded horse, you rode in on!
8-)

Hey, hey, I know you're joking, but even fake insults are against site rules... unless you include, I don't know, 20 smilies with the tongue sticking out.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:49 pm

RevanFan wrote:Hey, hey, I know you're joking, but even fake insults are against site rules... unless you include, I don't know, 20 smilies with the tongue sticking out.

Thanks for the warning.....adjustment has been made

GeneralSilent
MVP

Postby GeneralSilent » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:50 pm

1312qohelet wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:Screw you, pick....and whatever in-bred, half-retarded horse, you rode in on!
8-)

Hey, hey, I know you're joking, but even fake insults are against site rules... unless you include, I don't know, 20 smilies with the tongue sticking out.

Thanks for the warning.....adjustment has been made

He said 20. Not 3 8-)
God bless america!

Return to “Finished Mods”