NCAA 17 (FieldBuilder) v3.1

A collection of all finished mods!
pick6
Hall of Fame

NCAA 17 FieldBuilder v3.1

Postby pick6 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:13 pm

Ok, final post. Version 3.1 is now available from the first post. This is quite a small update, but contains the following:

• updated LSU field, as in the screenshot above
  • updated NCAA base .tpf, with all-new logos
  • updated roster
Regarding the logos, some of the previous ones were out-of-date, some had wrong proportions, and some had wrong colors. So I re-did all 10, in the same style as elguapo's logos (with sheen), and they look pretty neat now. I didn't have time to update the penalty logos though, but I doubt most folks would even notice. ;)

Regarding the roster, Littleware was active on the forum on Nov 30, but has still not been in touch. All I'll say is that I was right to wait a couple of extra days to give him a chance to respond. Shame he didn't. :(

So I went ahead with my backup plan to boost the ratings of the weaker (Madden-generated teams). What I did was import the attributes of the defensive players from higher-rated Madden-generated teams into BAY, MISS, OHST, OU, and TENN. What that means is the roster is more playable now. All players on all teams have correct names and jersey numbers, plus BAMA, CLEM, FSU, LSU, and MICH have been rated by hand. The other 5 teams have Madden-generated ratings but now will be able to compete better against the rated teams.

In case anyone was wondering what happened to MICH, MISS, and FSU, I did politely request that slydways stay away from just this thread for my final 3 and a half weeks, and in return I'd aim to finish hand-building the endzones for MICH and MICH, as well as complete all of FSU. I had been working on all three, but started running out of time. Anyway, he didn't stay away, so I pulled the plug on those, and chose to work on the stuff that interested me instead (LSU field perimeter, and all the main logos.) I think that's fair. ;)

This project is now considered finished, and I will no longer be maintaining it. I have no objection to anyone continuing to develop this mod, but I wish to make a clear line of separation between my involvement and other folks'. Therefore, if anyone wishes to continue this mod in any form, here are my requests.

CONDITIONS FOR DEVELOPMENT BY OTHERS
  • It must be in a separate thread (not this thread).
  • Future releases must use a different splash screen (not my Derrick Henry). This applies even if someone just updates the roster next week and wants to release it as v4! It still must use a new splash screen.
  • If the mod continues to use the FieldBuilder framework solely as it base, then the mod must contain the word "FieldBuilder" at the end. Same applies for future years such as "NCAA 18 FieldBuilder" etc.
  • If the mod does not use the FieldBuilder framework solely as it base, then the word "FieldBuilder" must not be used in the title. So any mod that contains a mix of these fields and fields made by other methods must not use the word "FieldBuilder" at the end.
  • The same original conditions in the first post still apply: no releasing on other sites, no payment taken, no use of others' work without permission. However, you do have my permission to modify and re-release my .tpf's on this site in whatever way you wish.

If anyone actually does want to keep this mod alive in the same format, you have my permission. More likely though is that that folks will call for my fields to be converted to .dat instead, and opt-out of all of that fancy "FieldBuilder" stuff. (I can hear them already: "Just give me a dumbed-down field dude; we don't want yer fancy ways round these parts!" :D ) I gotta admit though, that was partially why I enjoyed working on my LSU field some more! LOTS of detail in that one. ;)

I am officially retiring for good from this forum now, as it's just not fun for me any more. I do enjoy modding still, but intend to cut that waaaaay back. I may pick away at my mod into the off-season, and perhaps even into next season, but I won't be uploading or posting any more. I've found that all the big benefits I've got from modding have ALL been from realizing my own goals and surpassing my own expectations (which I do all on my own), and none have been from posting or uploading.

There's a ton of other things I want to do instead now (nothing to do with modding) and I am completely content to be making big changes in my life right now. I'll leave you with this thought: I have a small text file in my phone that I call my "bucket list". Nothing to do with travel, just things I want to get done. I started this last January, and added all sorts straight away. Some were quite minor, but many were really quite a big deal for me. Some I thought were likely to be just too big to address just yet, so I stuck them to the very end. As I think of more things, I add them to the "to-do" section. But more importantly, as I actually do these things, I move them to the "done" section at the top. I can then look back at all the things I've done this year and think "those seem real minor now, but I know many of them were really quite major things at the time!". And that's the key: new challenges start to feel less like big obstacles when they come up.

Setting this Dec 3 deadline was also an amazing exercise for me. Just with the mod, it forced me to prioritize over what was most important to me. But I also used the deadline to get other things in place, which are nothing to do with modding. I am now much better at making lists of what I want to achieve, breaking them down into an order that will work, and then sticking to it.

So here's a little exercise for you: think of ONE thing that you've been putting off for ages. Something that you actually want to do, but stuff just keeps getting in the way. Give yourself 7 days to get it done. And then get it done.

Finally, I'd like to ask a moderator to lock this thread so I can sign off permanently. (Just wait an hour so I can check that everything works)

Be kind to others, and to yourself. ;)

NCAA 17 FieldBuilder v3.1

Sponsor

Sponsor

achernar
Hall of Fame

Re: NCAA 17 FieldBuilder v3.1

Postby achernar » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:32 pm

Just congrats to you for this great work...
I'm just playing the v3.0 right now...

missing a field BAMA.tpf :D :D :D

thanks for this mod

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:49 pm

Farewell good friend, we appreciate everything you've done.

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:24 pm

Will definitely honour your request to lock the thread, but I'll do so at midnight. It's a bit poetic in a sense that the year you decided to create your own college football mod to surpass your own expectations, both U-Dub and Wazzou have had very successful seasons. Without a doubt, both have surpassed their fan bases' expectations. Perhaps in the future, you'll follow the college game with more intent and hopefully, you'll go down and experience a game live.

Raise a toast to pick6!

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:53 pm

It was amazing having you and your insight here. You'll be greatly missed, but you've got to do what's best for you, and I wish you all the best.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:06 pm

Be safe and good luck dude!

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:57 pm

It's now a year later, but I'm just stoppin' by to re-up all the screenshots (moved from photobucket to postimages.org). You may as well leave this thread unlocked now; I've no more use for it. I'll continue to fix screenshots in some of my other threads, but won't be getting involved in modding any further.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:37 pm

pick6 wrote:... However, you do have my permission to modify and re-release my .tpf's on this site in whatever way you wish.

Thanks pick6. The NCAA Add-On now has the option of utilizing two half fields and now your NCAA 17 FieldBuilder mod can be used with the NCAA Add-On.

sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Postby sarcasticface » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:40 am

Does anyone have the Alabama, Oklahoma, and Florida State fields for this mod?

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:53 am

sarcasticface wrote:Does anyone have the Alabama, Oklahoma, and Florida State fields for this mod?

I think he only made LSU, Ohio State, and Baylor.

Return to “Finished Mods”