Greatest Historical Teams Mod 1.5

A collection of all finished mods!
mee
Hall of Fame

Re: Greatest Historical Teams Mod

Postby mee » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:08 pm

victorraiders341 wrote:very good i like your mod but my raiders dont works

Which Raiders(which year)? Did you install over FF mod? Did you try using a different stadium(not OAKLAND Coliseum?)
So the Giants traded Beckham....

Sponsor

Sponsor

victorraiders341
Rookie

Postby victorraiders341 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:13 pm

i test and raiders only have error with coliseum appear in game name of stadiums years. i install only in under FF-FI XV 2.0 Hotfix #2 need first 2.0?

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:18 pm

victorraiders341 wrote:i test and raiders only have error with coliseum appear in game name of stadiums years. i install only in under FF-FI XV 2.0 Hotfix #2 need first 2.0?

YES!! then install BOTH patches to the FF mod.
So the Giants traded Beckham....

victorraiders341
Rookie

Postby victorraiders341 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:35 pm

hi appear 0.0 in up screen to update to 4.0 what resolve i new in mods thanks

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:24 pm

To properly update to the mod:

1. Update the game (if you can) to version 4.0.
2. Install the FF/FI XV 2.0 Full Version.
3. Install Hotfix #1.
4. Install Hotfix #2.
5. Install the final roster.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

guamyankee
MVP

Postby guamyankee » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:04 pm

The issue Victor Raider is having brings up a legitimate concern for future versions of the mod. Each year the FF team releases a new version of their mod for the new football season. That means each year I would have to fine tune my mod to make it compatible with new version. I dont see that happening. More likely, I will release a standalone version of the GHT mod that does not require separate downloads.

I might do this as early as the next release. Im not sure when that will be. I've been adding and correcting things here and there (and so has mee), but its been a fun and busy summer so far with things unrelated to madden.
Madden 08 Greatest Historical Teams Mod Creator

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:59 pm

guamyankee wrote:The issue Victor Raider is having brings up a legitimate concern for future versions of the mod. Each year the FF team releases a new version of their mod for the new football season. That means each year I would have to fine tune my mod to make it compatible with new version. I dont see that happening. More likely, I will release a standalone version of the GHT mod that does not require separate downloads.

I might do this as early as the next release. Im not sure when that will be. I've been adding and correcting things here and there (and so has mee), but its been a fun and busy summer so far with things unrelated to madden.

If you need to use anything from our mod for your standalone, you have permission to use it.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

guamyankee
MVP

Postby guamyankee » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:00 pm

RevanFan wrote:
guamyankee wrote:The issue Victor Raider is having brings up a legitimate concern for future versions of the mod. Each year the FF team releases a new version of their mod for the new football season. That means each year I would have to fine tune my mod to make it compatible with new version. I dont see that happening. More likely, I will release a standalone version of the GHT mod that does not require separate downloads.

If you need to use anything from our mod for your standalone, you have permission to use it.

That was an important question I was going to have to ask....thank you very much, and I will make it clear in the documentation that my mod was originally built from the FF mod. Thanks again!

guamyankee
MVP

Postby guamyankee » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:36 pm

My current focus on mod improvement is field art (end zones, mid field logos). I've created a word document that shows images of each team's field art. Note that some of the end zones you see here are not in version 1.0. They have been created and will be released in the next version.
Most areas that still need fixed or improved are addressed in the document. The ultimate goal is historical accuracy, however, there are some cases where I have used mid field logos that weren't actually used in a particular season. This was done to add a bit of variety. At some point I may switch to 100 percent historical accuracy...that is my preference, but I'd be curious what people think about mixing accuracy with variety.

The San Francisco 49ers still require a bit of work...they are the weakest link right now. Please let me know if you have suggestions or information on any team's historical field art...the more the better.

Here is the link the document...it is 77 megabytes and chock full of images...
http://1drv.ms/1CEEB0r

guamyankee
MVP

Postby guamyankee » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:29 pm

Since I last posted on the status of end zones about a week ago, I've made many improvements. Though they still do not perfectly match history (a feat which may be nearly impossible), I am satisfied with them for the moment. You can view the list of changes made from version 1.0 here:
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

1. 2004 Atlanta Falcons - Added end zone with correct NFL Logo.
2. 1996,2003, 2005 Carolina Panthers - Changed Midfield logo to NFL logo.
3. 1977, 1985, 1986, 2005, 2006 Chicago Bears - Corrected transparency, changed NFL and NFC logo to correct logo.
4. 1986, 1987 Cleveland Browns - Added new end zone.
5. 1958 Baltimore Colts - Added new end zone and mid field logo.
6. 2003-2007 Colts - Added end zone with correct NFL and AFC Logo.
7. 2009 Colts - Added end zone with correct AFC logo.
8. 1962 Dallas Texans - Added new end zone.
9. 1966, 1969, 1971 Kansas City Chiefs - Added new end zone.
10. 1990, 1995, 2003 Kansas City Chiefs - Changed to default Madden 08 end zone.
11. 2003 Miami Dolphins - Changed to default Madden 08 Mid-Field logo.
12.1970,1971 Minnesota Vikings - added new end zone.
13. 2005-2007 New York Giants - Corrected NFL midfield logo.
14. 1968, 1969 New York Jets - added new end zone.
15. 2009 New York Jets - Corrected NFL midfield logo.
16. 1970-1977 Raiders - Added new end zone.
17. 1949-1975 Rams - Removed Mid-field logo.
18. 1963 San Diego Chargers - Added new end zone.
19. 2004, 2006, 2007 San Diego Chargers - Changed end zone to Madden 08 default.
20. 1981-1990  San Francisco 49ers - Added new end zone.
21. 1992 San Francisco 49ers - Added new end zone.
22. 2003, 2005, 2007 Seattle Seahawks - Changed end zone and mid-field logo to Madden 08 default.
23. 2003, 2005 Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Changed end zone and mid-field logo to Madden 08 default.

You can view the word document with updated images of all field art here:
http://1drv.ms/1IZjqII

I really only have one more thing I want to do prior to the next release, which I will be calling the 1.5 release. I need to correct the jersey numbers for the old school leatherhead teams. That really won't take long at all, and once completed I will release the stand-alone version 1.5. Yes, there will still be outstanding issues with portraits, but I won't be fixing that until the 2.0 release in the future. After doing somewhere around 5,000-6,000 portraits, I'm still too burned out on them to address.

***Edit: I've completed the jersey number corrections for the old school teams, and now I'm customizing the GHT load screens. 1.5 release coming very soon.***

Return to “Finished Mods”