pick6's FieldBuilder framework

A collection of all finished mods!
Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Re: pick6's "Field Builder" framework

Postby Rixster67r » Sat May 21, 2016 11:55 am

Pick.......I have not been that active lately either but I use your stuff regularly when I play Madden

I learned alot from your posts as well so thanks again

Sponsor

Sponsor

DrBrownsFan
MVP
Location: Akron, Ohio. Home of the 0-Time NCAA Champion University of Akron Zips! FEAR THE ROO!

Postby DrBrownsFan » Sat May 21, 2016 9:16 pm

Pick, it's great to see you back. I'm glad you've been able to overcome the obstacles life placed in front of you! You've left a lasting impact on me and I'm sure on other members of this community (not to mention the enormous mark you left on the community in general). Even if you just take care of your housekeeping and move on, I'm glad to see you back with us.
I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. But I, and 4/5 trained apes, prescribe lichtental's extremely useful USEFUL LINKS thread.

*One grain of salt included in each prescription.

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Sun May 22, 2016 6:09 pm

Nice to see you back! Literally the only reason why I know how to mod is your goalpost template...
And by the way I quoted you a few times outside of the web.. Its a great motto...AIM VERY HIGH :)
So the Giants traded Beckham....

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Mon May 23, 2016 8:03 am

Many thanks guys! Wasn't expecting that, but some very kind words indeed. Great to hear that the "aim high" theme is getting out into the real world. :)

Gotta get back to my housekeeping now... ;-)

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Mon May 23, 2016 8:15 pm

Hey Pick6, you're gone a year and a half and you quote yourself? You're so vain, you probably think this thread is about you... don't you? ha ha just kidding. Good to see you're doing some housecleaning, we appreciate it.

Like Rixter said,don't let anyone dictate your life. You do what feels right to you, you only need your approval. (unless you're married then well... you gotta ask permission.)

Well Pick6 if you find anymore good stuff please let us know and take care.

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Fri May 27, 2016 7:03 am

Hey elguapo, good to hear from ya! A great song, and made me laugh out loud (although those young guys most likely don't have a clue what you're on about! :lol: )

I've finished 90% of my housekeeping, and am leading up to the final stuff about Field Builder. Unfortunately I've already spent far more time on fixing links and screenshots this week than I intended, so I think I'll be taking a step back again once that's done. Hope all's good with you.

pick6
Hall of Fame

Re: pick6's FieldBuilder framework

Postby pick6 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:34 am

OK, download link and screenshots in the first post have been fixed. I've made a few minor changes, so am calling this version 2 instead. Please note that the framework itself is unchanged though.

The memory addresses I had posted for endzone2 type1 and endzone2 type2 seem to be incorrect, so I've fixed that in the first post, and in the .zip file.

I've also included my Clemson and LSU tpf's, so you can play as in the screenshots. Please remember that my CLEM and LSU are NOT full stadium tpf's, and are designed to be loaded along with the other Heisman tpf's, including the Heisman CLEM/LSU stadiums. That means my CLEM or LSU should be at the top of the list, followed by the Heisman CLEM/LSU, uni's, and base.

I didn't include CenturyLink Field in the .zip, as it's got its own thread HERE.

That finishes all my housekeeping, and all my threads should now be working again fine. I still want to post a bit more about FieldBuilder though, so will do that here later. Oh and yeah, I've decided to re-brand it as FieldBuilder now (without a space). Weird, cos I thought that's what I had done all along, but I think it makes a visual connection to TrueTurf now (as it should). Also, the kid in me likes the idea that if this was an NFL team, it would take a group of consultants a couple of months to reach that decision (after many presentations), and would probably cost the owner a ton of money to implement the change! So yeah, I get a kick out of removing the space for free!! ;)

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:02 am

EDIT: DO NOT USE v3! JUMP TO v4 HERE INSTEAD.

It's only been 6 days since I uploaded version 2, but now I'm releasing version 3, which DOES have some changes to the framework itself! Been thinking long and hard about whether doing this will actually create more (or less) confusion but I now feel I should do it anyway.

Here's the issue: strictly speaking it's actually endzone TWO that's painted onto the field texture, and endzone ONE that is the standalone texture, and not the other way around! I noticed this not long after I uploaded it over a year ago, and immediately made the change for myself, which basically just moves the standalone endzone to the other end of the field. It's not a big deal really, but currently if you're converting a team that already has two endzones, it can be a bit confusing at first.

Having the correct TMdl for the standalone endzone does feel a bit more intuitive though, and that's what I've been using myself for over a year. However, I've been uncertain whether to upload it or not, as it may cause some confusion. That's because any previously created field art with two endzones would have to be re-done, or else the endzones will now be in the wrong places! It could end up with a situation where there would be two different versions of FieldBuilder being used by folks, meaning some .tpf's would be correct with one version, but not the other. Fieldbuilder was supposed to be EASY to use, so I'm not totally sure it's worth adding unnecessary confusion at this stage. On the other hand, it's also supposed to be accurate, and there's probably some confusion in there already! ;-)

So with that in mind, version 3 is now available from the first post, with updated files 634 and 635.

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:57 pm

About the file 85. That "endzone" is pointed to if 2nd endzone=0. That's why it shows blank. Why your Field texture works I don't know.
So the Giants traded Beckham....

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:23 pm

mee wrote:About the file 85. That "endzone" is pointed to if 2nd endzone=0. That's why it shows blank. Why your Field texture works I don't know.

Yeah, but the field texture is in TEZ1 slot. I did experiment a long time ago with that weird afc endzone and got it to show in-game, so I'm guessing I must have set some teams's TEZ1 to point to it, instead of the regular TEZ2 usage.

Click on the "show spoiler" button in the first post for more on that. It has weird characteristics alright, but that's why I chose it: it fitted my needs perfectly, as well as made compatibility with other mods a cinch.

Return to “Finished Mods”