pick6's FieldBuilder framework

A collection of all finished mods!
mee
Hall of Fame

Re: pick6's "Field Builder" framework

Postby mee » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:34 pm

Austinmario13 wrote:I tried doing the baseball texture and realized, that the midfield texture is in front of the actual field.

DUH!!! you have to paint the lines on.
Austinmario13 wrote:I can't get the Fieldbuilder to work on created teams. :( Only the endzones change.

You have to change them to dat based(first post)
So the Giants traded Beckham....

Sponsor

Sponsor

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:14 pm

mee wrote:
Austinmario13 wrote:I tried doing the baseball texture and realized, that the midfield texture is in front of the actual field.

DUH!!! you have to paint the lines on.

How? it covers the whole field. It's not that easy.
mee wrote:
Austinmario13 wrote:I can't get the Fieldbuilder to work on created teams. :( Only the endzones change.

You have to change them to dat based(first post)

What do you mean by changing them to dat based?

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:17 pm

Use TrueTurf and paste diamond as new layer, keep just the new layer and the lines, KEEP OPEN, reopen trueturf and select all and copy, press resize notice dimensions, press new and double the TT dimensions and paste, go back to your baseball diamond copy the whole field with baseball diamond and paste, put midfield flatten and make tpf.
read the first post...
To use Field Builder along with the Heisman mod, use my FIELDART.dat as-is, but you will need to make a couple of extra tweaks in your roster:

First, you must set the TTYP value (column AX) to 0. This changes the "team type" from CustomArt-based (5) to .dat-based (0).
You also need to change the TLGL value ("team logo", column AL) to point to a .dat-based logo. This means creating a team logo and inserting it into the UIS_LIB_TEAM_LOGOS.dat. I used elguapo's eXpanded .dat for this, which gives many more slots to use. I've included a spreadsheet that shows where all the NCAA teams would go when ordered alphabetically. Most are grayed out, meaning I have not filled those slots. Three are highlighted in yellow, which shows the 3 teams I have made basic main logo placeholders for (and included). That spreadsheet shows what TLGL value and corresponding .dat files should be used. I used rezland's template and elguapo's .dds CustomArt method to insert them, and I made them twice as big at 256x256.
Finally, check the CTHT field (column BF). This refers to CustomArt helmet: if it's at 1, it needs to be set to 0, and a new helmet will need to be created in .tpf form.

column AX(TTYP)

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:00 pm

mee wrote:Use TrueTurf and paste diamond as new layer, keep just the new layer and the lines, KEEP OPEN, reopen trueturf and select all and copy, press resize notice dimensions, press new and double the TT dimensions and paste, go back to your baseball diamond copy the whole field with baseball diamond and paste, put midfield flatten and make tpf.
read the first post...

Oh, so you do it like the Better Midfields thing?

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:54 pm

YES ITS A MIDFIELD! Also read first post was referring to the part of making team datbased

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:27 pm

How do you insert a logo into the UIS_LIB_TEAM_LOGOS.dat? I know that you have to use DFR5, but how do I convert a simple image into one .dat?

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:41 pm

Austinmario13 wrote:How do you insert a logo into the UIS_LIB_TEAM_LOGOS.dat? I know that you have to use DFR5, but how do I convert a simple image into one .dat?

2 ways.
DEX open UIS_LIB_TEAM_LOGOS.dat and find the logo you want to replace. I don't think it can add like DFR.
DFR use MMAPer and convert BMP to MMAP
or MUER to open any logo, and replace,
insert with DFR. Keep in mind you need 2 logos. I would advise doing this then using DEX with DDS file.

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Fri May 20, 2016 6:39 am

Wow! My first post in 15 months... No pressure or anything!! :oops: Much has happened in that time with me, but I'll try to keep this short.

First of all, I had a look at this forum a few nights ago, and I noticed that some of my old threads have lost some screenshots, and some users were reporting corrupt attachments. Therefore, my main aim at this time is JUST to do some house-keeping, and fix all of my stuff. I don't plan to get real involved again to be honest.

Second, I need to point out that we don't really play Madden in our house any more. Personally, I haven't played a full game in a long time, and I haven't really been doing much modding either. However, when I DO play, the only thing I ever play now is an Irish league mod that I made myself that uses FieldBuilder as its core, and college markings. I'll explain in more detail in a bit, but I need to make it clear now that unfortunately I will never be able to upload this. More later.

Third, I stumbled across an old post of mine the other night, and it kinda resonated with me. Call me vain, but I'm gonna have to quote myself here!

pick6 wrote:I've always tried to encourage folks to have a go, and not feel intimidated by any of this. If you read through my other threads, you'll see that the most important thing I've learnt about modding here is that I've been aiming too low. In everything! FOR YEARS!! :o Since I started on here, I've always tried to do the best that I could possibly do. Doesn't matter if it would only turn out average: if that was the BEST that I could possibly do, then I'd be happy with it. But what I found was that not only did I start to achieve those goals, but I actually started to SURPASS them. And then started to surpass them REGULARLY.

It reached the point that when I had to learn how to do hex-editing to create the midfield and 25yd placeholders, I GENUINELY believed that I would not be able to do that. But I felt I had to try anyway, because recent experience had shown me that I could actually do more than I thought possible. And guess how that turned out? ;)

As I said, much has happened in my life in the last 15 months, and much of it has been extremely challenging. It started with the death of a friend just after I disappeared from here, and continued with all the issues that arose after that, regarding her family and friends.

Just after I left here and things started getting tough, I had a moment where I thought I really wasn't the person to be getting into all this. I thought surely there would be someone else who'd be better-equipped to step up and deal with all of this. But I actually remembered my own advice, and decided I had to try anyway.

The last year or so has been the most difficult year of my life, but I've also achieved more in that year for others (and for myself) than I had done in the previous 10. I found myself out of my comfort zone A LOT, but I learnt to recognise that when you feel that, it's EXTREMELY important to push on through anyway.

Stumbling across that old post of mine made me realise this: it's great advice. Not just for modding, but for the real stuff that comes along. The stuff that's much more important than modding. And that's what made me want to post again; just to say that I KNOW it's great advice now, because it made such a difference in my life.

So, my plan is do some house-keeping on my old threads, and describe a bit about my own Irish league mod in this FieldBuilder thread, but I'm not gonna get real involved again. Nice to be back though. ;)

Eros
All-Pro

Postby Eros » Fri May 20, 2016 5:12 pm

pick6 wrote:Wow! My first post in 15 months... No pressure or anything!! :oops: Much has happened in that time with me, but I'll try to keep this short.

First of all, I had a look at this forum a few nights ago, and I noticed that some of my old threads have lost some screenshots, and some users were reporting corrupt attachments. Therefore, my main aim at this time is JUST to do some house-keeping, and fix all of my stuff. I don't plan to get real involved again to be honest.

Second, I need to point out that we don't really play Madden in our house any more. Personally, I haven't played a full game in a long time, and I haven't really been doing much modding either. However, when I DO play, the only thing I ever play now is an Irish league mod that I made myself that uses FieldBuilder as its core, and college markings. I'll explain in more detail in a bit, but I need to make it clear now that unfortunately I will never be able to upload this. More later.

Third, I stumbled across an old post of mine the other night, and it kinda resonated with me. Call me vain, but I'm gonna have to quote myself here!

pick6 wrote:I've always tried to encourage folks to have a go, and not feel intimidated by any of this. If you read through my other threads, you'll see that the most important thing I've learnt about modding here is that I've been aiming too low. In everything! FOR YEARS!! :o Since I started on here, I've always tried to do the best that I could possibly do. Doesn't matter if it would only turn out average: if that was the BEST that I could possibly do, then I'd be happy with it. But what I found was that not only did I start to achieve those goals, but I actually started to SURPASS them. And then started to surpass them REGULARLY.

It reached the point that when I had to learn how to do hex-editing to create the midfield and 25yd placeholders, I GENUINELY believed that I would not be able to do that. But I felt I had to try anyway, because recent experience had shown me that I could actually do more than I thought possible. And guess how that turned out? ;)

As I said, much has happened in my life in the last 15 months, and much of it has been extremely challenging. It started with the death of a friend just after I disappeared from here, and continued with all the issues that arose after that, regarding her family and friends.

Just after I left here and things started getting tough, I had a moment where I thought I really wasn't the person to be getting into all this. I thought surely there would be someone else who'd be better-equipped to step up and deal with all of this. But I actually remembered my own advice, and decided I had to try anyway.

The last year or so has been the most difficult year of my life, but I've also achieved more in that year for others (and for myself) than I had done in the previous 10. I found myself out of my comfort zone A LOT, but I learnt to recognise that when you feel that, it's EXTREMELY important to push on through anyway.

Stumbling across that old post of mine made me realise this: it's great advice. Not just for modding, but for the real stuff that comes along. The stuff that's much more important than modding. And that's what made me want to post again; just to say that I KNOW it's great advice now, because it made such a difference in my life.

So, my plan is do some house-keeping on my old threads, and describe a bit about my own Irish league mod in this FieldBuilder thread, but I'm not gonna get real involved again. Nice to be back though. ;)

I don't know how much you are going to stay or how much active you will be but im glad that you are back...

WELCOME BACK :D

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Fri May 20, 2016 11:41 pm

It's good to see you again pick6. I had forgotten what I wrote to you 15 months ago but now that I've had a chance to read it again, my sentiments remain unchanged.

Return to “Finished Mods”