FF/FI XV Release (2.0 Hotfix #2 and Final Roster Released)

A collection of all finished mods!
BUS36
Hall of Fame

Re: FF/FI XV Release (2.0 Hotfix #2 and Final Roster Released)

Postby BUS36 » Mon May 09, 2016 3:49 pm

Check their ages... also look at the reserve and extra FAs etc...there may be guys to move over
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Raston
MVP

Postby Raston » Mon May 09, 2016 6:45 pm

It doesn't matter. For some reason by year 3 all the punters are gone and some of those that disappeared were under age 26. They just disappear from Franchise roster. I was reading something about the Madden patch 3 which stated there was an issue way back in 2008 with certain player positions going empty so EA was aware of it. Patch 3 was suppose to fix the issue but it appears it didn't. The work around might be using an editor and cutting the few extra P's on teams so they go to FA but still it would be nice to just play the game.

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Mon May 09, 2016 9:25 pm

Check in early posts cause we had this problem very early on...
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Raston
MVP

Postby Raston » Wed May 11, 2016 8:41 pm

I remember having a similar problem last year with a few positions being empty and I think we fixed that by decreasing the FA pool. I'm currently at 265 players in FA with mostly young punters in the pool and for some reason the AI removes 5 or 6 of them by year 3. Below is from a post on EA I believe about the problems with 08 which were suppose to be fixed with a patch years ago. Notice the first problem listed. Some of the others it appears were never fixed with the PC version too. The last one I know is still a problem. I spent a couple hours going thru various DB_Template files today searching for the file that possibly determines the player progression and what determines how the K's and P's are used without luck.

Here's a list of a few of the problems consumers say they've encountered on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 ports:

• Players disappearing from free agent pool in franchise mode
• Connection problems during online play
• Substantial lag during online play
• System freezes
• Changing a player's uniform number changes his age
• Yearly player statistics are greatly inflated, sometimes giving a quarterback 50 or more touchdowns in a year

Raston
MVP

Postby Raston » Thu May 12, 2016 11:57 am

Ok, I re-installed the db_templates from XV's last update, I was currently running the latest from XVI's, and so far I've had no problem with missing punters in FA pool season 3 and I proceed past player management. I also tried another template file and it too ran fine. The problem with losing players in FA pool could be something re-introduced with the XVI db_template. I'll run a few more sims to verify but it appears this might be the case.

Raston
MVP

Postby Raston » Thu May 12, 2016 10:15 pm

Must've been a fluke I crashed going into 3rd season again. I will need to sim up to player management to see what positions are empty. From looking at the signings going into year 2 there were some teams carrying 3 or 4 K's and 2 or 3 P's. That's ridiculous! There has to be someplace in the templates to modify how teams manage their player requirements off-season. Has to be an error in data input for teams to keep 4 kickers or 3 punters instead of more important positions. If the teams just kept the minimum or one rookie in training the FA pool might not go dry and you could pass player management.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu May 12, 2016 10:48 pm

Raston wrote:Must've been a fluke I crashed going into 3rd season again. I will need to sim up to player management to see what positions are empty. From looking at the signings going into year 2 there were some teams carrying 3 or 4 K's and 2 or 3 P's. That's ridiculous! There has to be someplace in the templates to modify how teams manage their player requirements off-season. Has to be an error in data input for teams to keep 4 kickers or 3 punters instead of more important positions. If the teams just kept the minimum or one rookie in training the FA pool might not go dry and you could pass player management.

That happened well before the mod, though. The game always had teams stack too many kickers and punters.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Raston
MVP

Postby Raston » Fri May 13, 2016 12:06 pm

That's true. We did seem to have it fixed at one time though in XV or improved the problem but now it's back again. At least it's not as bad as the time we had 4 positions loosing players in FA.

Raston
MVP

Postby Raston » Mon May 16, 2016 9:08 pm

Well, I lowered FA pool to 215 players and got through season 3. In season 4 however I notice the "Retired" team now shows up in team list in Franchise. :shock:

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Mon May 16, 2016 9:36 pm

Sounds like a "feature", not a bug. :P Just imagine, in the last season of the franchise, Chicago trades for a 75 year old quarterback by the name of Brett Favre? :lol:

Return to “Finished Mods”