TV Network Update w/ Playoffs - Primetime, FOX, CBS

A collection of all finished mods!
Timz0207
Rookie

Postby Timz0207 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:50 pm

Hello to those who continue to enjoy Madden '08 on the PC,

I have been working on a 2014 update of the NFL broadcasting networks. After downloading the new FF-XIV mod and the MadMod package I decided to add the four networks (CBS, FOX, NBC, and ESPN) that broadcast the NFL to Madden. It's not a huge overhaul, just some images replaced as others have done in the past. Also, I have edited the official music extracted from YouTube for the quarter breaks. And as a final touch, I added a brief intro video for each of the networks, ie. Carrie Underwood (which has been edited down, along with the ESPN intro).

All of the networks are done, along with an addition of the playoffs for each network. Each network has it's own unique overlay (with transparency when necessary) for the coin toss, drive summary, MVP, and the scoreboard banner. All of the networks have a new Redzone stats box image with a Surface ad and NFL Redzone logo.

Some notes about this mod:

These are the .dat files modified and should be backed up in case anything weird happens.

MOVIEDAT.dat
    SOUNDDAT.dat
    UIS_LIB_ADPLACEHOLDERS.dat
    UIS_LIB_COMMON.dat
    UIS_LIB_IN_GAME.dat

For the playoffs, just insert the normal corresponding network and then the playoff .dats.

The playoffs are only included on FOX and CBS as I did not know they would break the usual broadcast pattern and add ESPN and NBC to the mix (which sucks for me on a personal level as I do not have ESPN). I will try to get to these if I can as the playoffs have just a few edits to the regular season files. I have, however, overhauled NBC completely for the Super Bowl.

I will be working on the ESPN broadcast of the pro bowl and will be uploading that next.

The link includes all the screenshots of the changes image-wise as well as the RAR file containing the individual DATs to drop into your Madden folder. Thanks for checking this out and leave questions and comments below.

Thanks!

Link to Madden Networks:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rgghz96j529f4d3/AADJ8e4sV2-qKmxdYjabM4WMa?dl=0

Link to original post on "Mods in Progress" forum:
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=16760

Sponsor

Sponsor

Timz0207
Rookie

Re: TV Network Update w/ Playoffs - Primetime, FOX, CBS

Postby Timz0207 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:04 am

Just in time for the 2015 playoffs, ESPN and NBC have been modified for the first two rounds of broadcasts.
ESPN is in the folder, specifically at https://www.dropbox.com/home/TV%20Networks%20Madden%2008/MNF%20on%20ESPN
and NBC is specifically at https://www.dropbox.com/home/TV%20Networks%20Madden%2008/SNF%20on%20NBC

CodoNamus
Pro Bowl

Postby CodoNamus » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:44 pm

So these are drag and drop files or do i need something specific to get them to work?

W. Therriault
Rookie

Postby W. Therriault » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:28 pm

So do i have to drop each file from the different networks into the "Documents/Madden NFL 08" folder or actually create a folder inside the "Documents/Madden NFL 08" folder called like NFLonCBS and drop the files into that folder? Sorry if i made that more confusing than it had to be. Still new to adding mods to this game.

lichtental
MVP

Postby lichtental » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:02 am

W. Therriault wrote:So do i have to drop each file from the different networks into the "Documents/Madden NFL 08" folder or actually create a folder inside the "Documents/Madden NFL 08" folder called like NFLonCBS and drop the files into that folder? Sorry if i made that more confusing than it had to be. Still new to adding mods to this game.

Just copy the files in Documents/Madden folder

W. Therriault
Rookie

Postby W. Therriault » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:01 pm

lichtental wrote:
W. Therriault wrote:So do i have to drop each file from the different networks into the "Documents/Madden NFL 08" folder or actually create a folder inside the "Documents/Madden NFL 08" folder called like NFLonCBS and drop the files into that folder? Sorry if i made that more confusing than it had to be. Still new to adding mods to this game.

Just copy the files in Documents/Madden folder

okay well I also have the FF/FI XV mod installed, so the "Moviedat.dat" "Sounddat.dat" "UIS_LIB_COMMON.dat" "UIS_IN_GAME.dat" and "UIS_ADPLACEHOLDERS.dat" already exist in that folder. So can I overwrite them with one of the TV Network files? And if so, does that mean I can only have one network installed at a time?

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:20 pm

Yes overwrite the FFXV or previous mod dats and it should be fine......make sure you have backups so you can put it back if needed

You can only have one TV network at a time.......so if you are in franchise make sure you know what tv network will cover your next game before you exit

W. Therriault
Rookie

Postby W. Therriault » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:07 pm

Alrighty, thanks for the info!

achernar
Hall of Fame

Postby achernar » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:36 pm

works with superstar mode?

vandeyla
Rookie

Postby vandeyla » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:29 pm

I tried these with the new FF XV (latest hotfix) and they dont appear to work. They did work with the previous FF mod though.

Is there verified compatibility?

Thank you!

Return to “Finished Mods”