Full "LEATHERHEADS" mod *RELEASED* UPDATE

A collection of all finished mods!
BayouBoy
Pro Bowl

Re: Full "LEATHERHEADS" mod *RELEASE*

Postby BayouBoy » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:13 am

Leeman67 wrote:This is impressive work to be sure, BB. Unbelievable attention to detail on all of the visuals. Just curious, how did you go about rating the players?

Hey there Lee, appreciate the compliment and so happy that you're enjoying the mod. As for the ratings, this was just a wild guess on my part...lol... since player ratings are so subjective to each person playing the game....I just tried to keep the historical significance of the players/teams in mind when doing this. Basically, any player in the game rated 90+ were either in the "Hall of Fame", or voted to one of the official "All Decade", "75th Anniversary", or "All-Time Two-Way" teams as voted on by the Hall of Fame Committee. The only 99 rated players in the game, 5 to 8 at most I think, were HOF'ers, and also apart of the All-Decade & 75th anniversary & Two-Way teams. The rest were based on All Pro/Pro Bowl appearances, years as a "solid" starter, and so on. While I do realize this is not an accurate approach to rating players, it did simplify the process for me and at the same time, it did tend to emphasize or highlight the early "legends" of pro football.

Re: Full "LEATHERHEADS" mod *RELEASE*

Sponsor

Sponsor

BayouBoy
Pro Bowl

Re: Full "LEATHERHEADS" mod *RELEASED* UPDATE

Postby BayouBoy » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:54 am

I've updated the download links to the LH mod. Just some minor fixes that were bothering me more than they affected the game itself..

IF you have already downloaded the mod prior to this update, then all you need to do is update the roster....you can download it at the bottom of the first post.

My apologies for not catching the errors before the initial release....

wolfbest
All-Pro

Postby wolfbest » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:39 am

can you reupload on mediafire can't download it with google drive....thanks

Littleware
Banned

Postby Littleware » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:18 pm

Hey BayouBoy, I started a franchise and noticed some of the 34 Bears players don't have long sleeve jerseys. Is that normal? I didn't notice them until after the 3rd quarter after the CPU team started to sub players of the bench!

Great mod, I'm looking forward to your next update!

BayouBoy
Pro Bowl

Postby BayouBoy » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:22 am

Littleware wrote:Hey BayouBoy, I started a franchise and noticed some of the 34 Bears players don't have long sleeve jerseys. Is that normal? I didn't notice them until after the 3rd quarter after the CPU team started to sub players of the bench!

Great mod, I'm looking forward to your next update!

Thanks man, and very happy you're enjoying the mod. Yeah, I've noticed that little quirk myself. Not quite sure why this is happening as all players (except sideline players) are set to have the long sleeves. But, I see it as a very minor glitch that usually happens every now & then with one player or two and really doesn't take too much away from the game.

Now, after the first off season/draft class ( and every ensuing) all rookies will have to be edited to have long sleeves, one bar facemask, etc. as stated in the "readme" text that was included with the mod.

guamyankee
MVP

Postby guamyankee » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:23 am

Id like to request permission to use various teams, uniforms and stadiums from this mod for my greatest teams roster. Also I have a technical question. Is it possible to combine these leather helmets and uniforms with the standard equipment used today so that the old teams use the old stuff and the new teams use the new stuff? Thanks in advance.
Madden 08 Greatest Historical Teams Mod Creator

BayouBoy
Pro Bowl

Postby BayouBoy » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:59 am

guamyankee wrote:Id like to request permission to use various teams, uniforms and stadiums from this mod for my greatest teams roster. Also I have a technical question. Is it possible to combine these leather helmets and uniforms with the standard equipment used today so that the old teams use the old stuff and the new teams use the new stuff? Thanks in advance.

Yeah man, I've no problem with that. You have a great looking mod going on there, and if I can contribute to that in any way, then great....though it seems Austin kinda got a jump start on some stuff....lol, but I'm not a hardazz with little things like that. I do appreciate the request for permission. In return, I'd like to request permission for the use of some of your teams from your mod for a future project?

As for your technical question, yes you can. You just have to make sure you import the unis, team.dbt & team.dat files, and also change the TTYP value to "5" for a custom team. I've done this before and it works fine. For the unis, you'll probably need to edit the dbtemplates file #12 and make sure the jersey numbers are edited to not appear on the shoulder or helmet. Other than that, the teams uniforms, stadiums, logos all appear fine in-game....good luck and great job so far.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:19 pm

I rememer coming across this when I joined a little over a month ago, then forgot about it as I became entrenched in the XV mod. Anyway, saw it again while scrolling down Useful Links thread the other day and downloaded it. Well, today I installed and it blew me away!! I was laughing out loud, in good way. The music, stadiums, uniforms, even the referees and sideline officials! This is out of control cool and alot of fun when you want a little break from the XV mod. Great Job!

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:27 pm

1312qohelet wrote:I rememer coming across this when I joined a little over a month ago, then forgot about it as I became entrenched in the XV mod. Anyway, saw it again while scrolling down Useful Links thread the other day and downloaded it. Well, today I installed and it blew me away!! I was laughing out loud, in good way. The music, stadiums, uniforms, even the referees and sideline officials! This is out of control cool and alot of fun when you want a little break from the XV mod. Great Job!

It was a great mod. Unfortunately, one of the guys who created it decided to go bat crap crazy and try to tear down this site.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:43 pm

RevanFan wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:I rememer coming across this when I joined a little over a month ago, then forgot about it as I became entrenched in the XV mod. Anyway, saw it again while scrolling down Useful Links thread the other day and downloaded it. Well, today I installed and it blew me away!! I was laughing out loud, in good way. The music, stadiums, uniforms, even the referees and sideline officials! This is out of control cool and alot of fun when you want a little break from the XV mod. Great Job!

It was a great mod. Unfortunately, one of the guys who created it decided to go bat crap crazy and try to tear down this site.

Is that what happened this past summer? I have read posts where a user mentions a "phishing attack" last summer that destroyed alot of uploaded files. Glad you guys held your own. What you guys do is a form of art, you guys are artists. Art is about being creative, not destructive

Return to “Finished Mods”