X mod

A collection of all finished mods!
KO'BBF
MVP

Re: X mod - The New PCmod (new update 1/3/15)

Postby KO'BBF » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:30 pm

BelieverInTeal wrote:
albedarnit wrote:Just wanted to say thanks for the mod elguapo. Would like to have your permission to adapt the mod for Madden 07. Not sure why but Madden 07 is much more stable for me than Madden 08 and perhaps after the adaptation, other Madden 07 owners could also enjoy your work. The unis are totally awesome and the Skydome is incredible! Again, great work!!!!

All of these files work for Madden 07, as is.

sorry for pulling this one back up ..... but no, it crashes immediately.
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

Sponsor

Sponsor

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:46 pm

KO'BBF wrote:
BelieverInTeal wrote:
albedarnit wrote:Just wanted to say thanks for the mod elguapo. Would like to have your permission to adapt the mod for Madden 07. Not sure why but Madden 07 is much more stable for me than Madden 08 and perhaps after the adaptation, other Madden 07 owners could also enjoy your work. The unis are totally awesome and the Skydome is incredible! Again, great work!!!!

All of these files work for Madden 07, as is.

sorry for pulling this one back up ..... but no, it crashes immediately.

Permission was given to convert the Xmod to 07. The DAT files won't work just by copying but the graphics work fine if you replace them for 07 DAT files.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Re: X mod - The New PCmod

Postby elguapo » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:50 pm

KO'BBF wrote:I haven't done much with 08 in awhile and I was looking at doing something with the USFL. I prefer 07 for many reasons so I do not spend much time looking for mods on here because no one cares about 07. that is why I missed the boat the first time around, and I am a late comer here.

This is terrific and I appreciate your time and effort on this. I am going to use x mod as the foundation for my USFL franchise project. I haven't read all the way through this thread yet, but I am sure you could use Madwolf and swap whatever teams you want in to a franchise?

I'm always late for everything myself. You can use Madwolf to swap teams but I would use my method to create the franchise. http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=19427

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:58 pm

I put this USFL franchise together using your X mod. I replaced all of the unnamed and duplicate players with players who were active in the CFL in 1983. I created a custom schedule that has 18 USFL teams playing only against each other for league play. The other 14 teams play amongst themselves and have been removed from the league standings. I didn't do anything with the coaches, though.

I have a lot of franchises going on at this moment and this is one I probably won't get to kick off for awhile. So if anyone else wants to play this great mod with the USFL teams in a franchise, here it is.
Attachments
USFL.fra
(4.29 MiB) Downloaded 95 times
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:28 pm

KO'BBF wrote:I put this USFL franchise together using your X mod. I replaced all of the unnamed and duplicate players with players who were active in the CFL in 1983. I created a custom schedule that has 18 USFL teams playing only against each other for league play. The other 14 teams play amongst themselves and have been removed from the league standings. I didn't do anything with the coaches, though.

I have a lot of franchises going on at this moment and this is one I probably won't get to kick off for awhile. So if anyone else wants to play this great mod with the USFL teams in a franchise, here it is.

Awesome! If you weren't aware yet but I'm overhauling the Xmod. More information to come.

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:41 pm

I am looking forward to it!!

If you need any assistance on vintage rosters, xfl and world league stuff, I have many tools available to provide roster and individual player accuracy.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:35 pm

BigDaddyCool has the team rosters for the XFL, I may use your WLAF team rosters and I think Leeman has the team rosters for the WFL. bquinn had the USFL team rosters. I'm going to make some tests to see if exporting the teams from other rosters can be imported into the X mod roster.

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:49 pm

That would be cool. I assure you that each player is accurate with skin tone, height, weight, age and college, and I am pretty proud of my ratings.

For the new x mod, are the team ids and such the same as the original? Would my current USFL franchise that I created with the original mod slide in with ease with the new and improved release?

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:59 pm

The team ids are not the important settings as team IDs can change if inserted in different rosters. The graphic settings are the most important and as long as they remain the same through out different rosters it shouldn't be an issue. Since I had to overhaul the team logo dat file because I can't use the full limit because Madden cuts it off at 294, the graphic or logos may change. Since I also want to keep the X mod - Base Files true to the default, uniform settings will also change.

That brings me this point, The X mod - Base Files should be thought as part of the original install. Any new mods can use created with the X mod - Base Files like the original (vanilla) files have been in the past. The X mod should be thought of as a mod that uses the X mod - Base Files. It may be a little confusing at first but it will help out in the long run.

I have new files for the X mod:
Stadium Field Effects For the X Mod - Allows milk effects for the Sugar Buzz field and dirt being kicked up in the Nile High and Marshals fields. Download on the first post under the X mod Banner. http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=16314&p=56987#p56987

EDIT:
The graphic and uniform settings should be easy transfer. I will provide the guide to assign the appropriate settings for logos and uniforms.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:58 am

The World Football League is now available for download on the first post under the Xmod banner. This league comes courtesy of Leeman67 with additional support by BUS36, thanks fellas.

I noticed that the WFL and XFL stadium assignments are not what I had set them too when you import the teams. I don't know the reason for this but I will look into it. That reminds me that rosters can become cluttered when importing teams or by external editors so maintaining a healthy roster is essential for maximum performance. Remove any duplicate entries like cities and stadiums, duplicate players and coaches.

I decided to not overhaul the Xmod yet as it will require more time than what I'm willing to put into it. Instead I might overhaul it in stages as I have time available.

Return to “Finished Mods”