Heisman 14 Add-On - V4 Released!

A collection of all finished mods!
BigDaddyCool
All-Pro

Re: Heisman 14 Add-On - V4 Released!

Postby BigDaddyCool » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:31 am

Well no matter what I try I can't download this file from Mediafire. It just keeps looping back to the download button and the download never starts. All I really want are the current rosters, so does anyone have the rosters from the current season that they can get me, both main rosters and the add-on?
BIGDADDYCOOL IS YA HOOKUP...HOLLA IF YA HEAR ME!!!!!!!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:59 pm

Hi Lionsfan.......somewhere (I think :oops: ) I saw you would create a few teams by request.......

I am short two teams from having 128 teams (4 32team franchise's)

The teams I would like are Appalation state and Georgia Southern (CUSA)

I have noticed that you always say that there are 124 teams with the mod but I count 126........I am not sure if you are missing two or not

trichomes
Rookie

Postby trichomes » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:17 pm

I modded this game when it first came out, I just spent some time learning Texmod and using several apps to help with modding this game, I would love to know if there is a tutorial or if you could give me some hints for those logo's you use in your base.tpf? Thank you, and don't let a few idiots ruin your fun with this stuff.

patsallday
MVP

Postby patsallday » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:53 pm

Anybody have those uniforms that Miami is wearing tonight?
https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/status/533792661728403456
Patriots win SB 49 Hopefully....

rpy
Rookie

Postby rpy » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:39 pm

Hi there, long-time fan of footballfreaks, your mods keep me coming back to play madden on pc every year;

Love the Heisman mod, compliments to everyone who contributed. I'm trying to set up a franchise, but so far haven't been able to get around an issue (even though i seem to follow the instructions and a video tutorial): The stadiums don't appear to look the same in franchise mode as they do in the exhibition one. More specifically, there are still Baltimore Ravens stadium* sidelines and overall structure, while having a logo and the endzone graphics of the college stadium I selected in the Texmod. I think it has something to do with how I modify my franchise1-TEAM.csv file. You see, because I'm using OpenOffice, when I save my modified .csv TEAM file, I save it in the ODF format. If I try saving it in the .csv format (like it says in the tutorial), the file gets corrupted and I get an error when importing the TEAM table back into the roster, using the DB editor. I wonder If that is really the case and if there's a way around it.

Thanks

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:32 pm

rpy wrote:Hi there, long-time fan of footballfreaks, your mods keep me coming back to play madden on pc every year;

Love the Heisman mod, compliments to everyone who contributed. I'm trying to set up a franchise, but so far haven't been able to get around an issue (even though i seem to follow the instructions and a video tutorial): The stadiums don't appear to look the same in franchise mode as they do in the exhibition one. More specifically, there are still Baltimore Ravens stadium* sidelines and overall structure, while having a logo and the endzone graphics of the college stadium I selected in the Texmod. I think it has something to do with how I modify my franchise1-TEAM.csv file. You see, because I'm using OpenOffice, when I save my modified .csv TEAM file, I save it in the ODF format. If I try saving it in the .csv format (like it says in the tutorial), the file gets corrupted and I get an error when importing the TEAM table back into the roster, using the DB editor. I wonder If that is really the case and if there's a way around it.

Thanks

It's possible. I don't think we used the Ravens stadium for any of the teams so perhaps you did something to the STAD table that caused one of the stadiums to use the Ravens stadium as a base.

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:51 pm

rpy wrote:You see, because I'm using OpenOffice, when I save my modified .csv TEAM file, I save it in the ODF format. If I try saving it in the .csv format (like it says in the tutorial), the file gets corrupted and I get an error when importing the TEAM table back into the roster, using the DB editor.

There shouldn't be any issue using OpenOffice, as that's what I use too. I like to save in .ods too (Open Document Spreadsheet) as I like to color-code any changes I make as I go along. After saving as .ods, I then save as .csv (which doesn't retain any color info). I can import the .csv file back into the roster without any problem.

When saving as .csv, check your settings match these:
save as csv.JPG
save as csv.JPG (35.59 KiB) Viewed 4056 times

If anyone can't see the image, these are the settings:
Spoiler:
Character set: Western Europe (Windows-1252/WinLatin1)
Field delimiter ,
Text delimiter "
Quote all text cells (unchecked)
Save cell content as shown (CHECKED)
Fixed column width (unchecked)
If you still get an error importing it, then your corruption has been caused by something else unfortunately!

EDIT: One other thing that's always worth doing is locate the last entry on the very first line; after all the letters at the top, the very last entry will have a number which is the total of lines. You can safely delete this number, as it's auto-generated by Madden correctly. If you add or remove any lines, it's easy to forget to alter this number, so I always just delete it instead.

arden05
All-Pro

Re: Heisman 14 Add-On - Released

Postby arden05 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:27 pm

lionsfan wrote:Alright so turns out the scrambling player role does make a huge difference, Scrambling QB's are now actually scrambling and it makes a good difference gameplay wise, I will be releasing an update hopefully this month, it will include the scrambling QB fix on ALL the rosters including Official Roster, Add-On roster and all of the classical rosters. I MIGHT also add player roles to players based on certain guidelines I make, (example... I will add the Cannon Arm role to all QB's that have a throw power rating of 95 and above), this will create a much more realistic experience in game, and will make the real star players stand out above the rest. In this update I will also include the Heisman 15 and Heisman 15 Add-On rosters.

I need everyones help to give me any errors they have come across in the mod (Heisman 14 or Heisman 14 Add-On), whether it be the slightest roster error or any graphical error, I need to know so that it can be fixed in the update!!! So please let me know!

Code: Select all

Heisman 14 Add-On Update will include the following...

1. Scrambling QB fix for all rosters
2. Possibly Player roles added to all rosters
3. Heisman 15 and Heisman 15 Add-On rosters
4. Any found errors will be fixed

How did the scrambling QB fix work out? The QBs inability to leave the pocket when there was pressure really annoyed me. Basically pocket presence didn't really exist in game. There should be a preview thread to show all the amazing work that's been done. Was there a video made of the new mod updates?
Check out sports inspired apparel, made for true fans @ http://fanfocusedtees.spreadshirt.com/

iamsaintsfan
Pro Bowl

Postby iamsaintsfan » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:14 pm

Im trying to do a Heisman 14 franchise and i have the roster with the custom teams on it, when i load it in madwolf and try to switch the teams it on shows the deceivers stadiums etc... and fog stadium how do i fix this

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:35 pm

iamsaintsfan wrote:Im trying to do a Heisman 14 franchise and i have the roster with the custom teams on it, when i load it in madwolf and try to switch the teams it on shows the deceivers stadiums etc... and fog stadium how do i fix this

When you have problems, post the file and/or screenshots please.

Return to “Finished Mods”