pick6's Logo Mod v4 (hi-quality team logo's & more)

A collection of all finished mods!
pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:05 pm

More screenshots in 2nd & 3rd posts, including updated CLE logo.

EDIT: I've decided to release the v4 .tpf, but have not updated the background colors in the .zip file. It's probably already being done regularly in the FF mod now anyway.

Version 4 has the following changes:
* Gronk splash screen,
* updated CLE & TB logos,
* improved ball (darker brown, more dimples, centered stitching, whiter laces),
* no "Madden 17" logo on start menu (and I've no plans of making it!),
* improved loading progress bar (featuring Seahawks' eye),
* replacement generic EA midfield logo (gray helmet, side view).

Version 3 also has the following minor improvements:
* color changes to BAL, IND & SEA logo's (matching them closer to the colors in thumstyx's awesome uniforms!),
* black officials' pants (replacing white ones no longer used),
* incorporation of my "controller-style" mouse icons (personal favorite!) ,
* new hi-vis and hi-res wordmarks for ARI, JAC, MIA, MIN & SEA that appear during replays and challenges. (ARI for instance was previously a red wordmark on a red background, therefore effectively invisible! Now it's white on red. Please note I started these last pre-season, but other projects took over and I never finished them. Screenshot below.)

Version 2 already contained the following:
* High quality (and up-to-date) logo's & background colors for all 32 NFL teams,
* Madden25 logo's and splash-screen,
* pro-style chains and dial-a-down marker (my other favorites!),
* improved logo's and background colors for "Hall of Fame AFC/NFC" teams, Free Agents, and the 4 "fantasy" teams (Deceivers, Dummies, Glaciers, & Tridents),
* coin toss by NFL RedZone,
* orange Gatorade containers,
* NBC logo and NBCSPORTS.com logo (top left and top right in-game),
* officials' uniforms and caps with current NFL shield,
* various NFL shields that appear in-game (with current logo),
* plus Seahawks' fans get 4 player popups and 3 background images (select "Seahawks" as team in user profile to view).

Please note this Logo Mod does not contain any changes to uniforms or fieldart.

This Logo Mod is really in TWO parts:
part A is the .tpf file that contains all the images,
part B is a tweaked roster file that contains the matching background colors, as well as up-to-date stadium names and capacities, and the 2013 win-loss-tie records.

While you can use just the .tpf file on its own, the background colors in the roster file are CRUCIAL to get the full effect (screenshots below). They're displayed throughout the game wherever the team logo's are displayed, so if the colors aren't exactly the same, then you're not getting the full Logo Mod! Even if you don't want to use that roster, I'd be very grateful if you'd download it anyway, just so you can see what v3 is supposed to look like. ;)

PART A:
Download the .tpf here:
Logo Mod v4
Load it FIRST in TexMod (i.e. at the top of the list). Any other .tpf's you wish to use can be loaded after that as usual.
NEWBIES! This .tpf needs the free program TexMod to work. Download TexMod HERE and then read the start of the tutorial HERE on how to load the .tpf in TexMod.

PART B:
Download a tweaked (2013) roster from HERE (also contains instructions that show how to make the color changes to any other roster).
Please note the roster was not made by me; all credit goes to rampski and the rest of the MPN crew for another awesome job there! :D However, the tweaks are not part of the original roster and therefore are not supported by them. If you've any problems relating to the tweaked roster, please don't hassle them for help; please post in this thread instead.

FOR USERS OF THE FF MOD: (EDIT)
The team logos were previously incorporated into the FF XIV mod, and therefore won't be replaced when using the above .tpf (as the memory addresses will be different). However, the extras (splash screen, down markers, gatorade, improved ball and net etc.) should all work correctly. I'm not uploading an "alternate" version though specifically for FF mod users.

FOR OTHER MODDERS:
I've updated my "Hi-Resolution team logo's" (>1000 pixels wide) again, to include the new color changes.
There are 35 textures in total (including NFL shield), and could be used to create high quality field art, endzones etc.

You can download them HERE: pick6's Hi-Resolution team logo's v5.zip

Also, I'm happy for people to dissect my .tpf's to see how they work, and to build on them themselves (but please be aware that different people have different views on this; don't always assume that it's ok with others peoples' work.)

And finally, I'd like to give a big shout out to my son ("the 12th Man") for his excellent work on the Madden25 shield & wordmark, and Cowboys logo's!
GO HAWKS!!! :D

Sponsor

Sponsor

pick6
Hall of Fame

pick6's Logo Mod v3 (high-quality team logo's & more)

Postby pick6 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:05 pm

PRESS CTRL AND MINUS (-) TO ZOOM OUT TO SEE FULL IMAGES

SEA & BAL logo's with improved colors in logo's and in background (matches thumstyx's uniforms better!)

Improved (hi-vis) ARI & MIN wordmarks on replay screen

wolfbest
All-Pro

Re: pick6's LOGO MOD (with updated logo's for all 32 teams)

Postby wolfbest » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:21 pm

Awesome ..... :D

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Re: pick6's LOGO MOD (with updated logo's for all 32 teams)

Postby Rixster67r » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:20 am

These look really nice........good work :D

pick6
Hall of Fame

Re: pick6's Logo Mod v1 RELEASE (high quality team logos + m

Postby pick6 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:32 pm

Thanks wolfbest & Rixster; I hope you like the full thing now!

Been thinking today that if there was enough interest I'd consider releasing an alternative version that would be compatible with the FFXIII mod. I'd have to check with those guys first though that they've no objection, as I don't want to step on anyone's toes. :oops: Bear in mind it would still mean using TexMod to make it work though, but (as I've said before) it only takes 6 mouse clicks to load one .tpf in TexMod and start Madden from it! ;)

Again, I'm not the guy to turn it into a .dat-based mod but I have no objection if anyone else wants to try...

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:08 pm

These are nice graphics. They would really come in handy if they would be dat ready. Is there a reason why you don't convert them into dats?

If you have photoshop and the dds plugin these images can quickly be converted to dats.

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:35 pm

pick6 wrote:Thanks wolfbest & Rixster; I hope you like the full thing now!

Been thinking today that if there was enough interest I'd consider releasing an alternative version that would be compatible with the FFXIII mod. I'd have to check with those guys first though that they've no objection, as I don't want to step on anyone's toes. :oops: Bear in mind it would still mean using TexMod to make it work though, but (as I've said before) it only takes 6 mouse clicks to load one .tpf in TexMod and start Madden from it! ;)

Again, I'm not the guy to turn it into a .dat-based mod but I have no objection if anyone else wants to try...

Of course, I'd love this in a .tpf for the FFXIII mod.

elguapo wrote:These are nice graphics. They would really come in handy if they would be dat ready. Is there a reason why you don't convert them into dats?

If you have photoshop and the dds plugin these images can quickly be converted to dats.

Of course, I'd love the original and a FFXIII compatible .dat based graphics mod.
I'd do it if I possessed the knowledge that you must already have.
GRIDIRON! The 1st physics based computer football simulation.

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:55 pm

elguapo wrote:These are nice graphics. They would really come in handy if they would be dat ready. Is there a reason why you don't convert them into dats?

Thanks elguapo! No, I don't have Photoshop; I did try a trial of it before but found it a real headache to be honest. I use Paint.NET which I find way simpler. I know it's possible to save them as .dds in Paint.NET, but there is just too much I don't know about what correct image format Maddens needs such as the color depth, dimensions, etc. For example, sometimes Madden uses a file size of 128x128 with a "squashed-in" image which it then stretches out horizontally in-game to the correct aspect ratio of 2:1. In this example I would go with 256x128 right off the bat which eliminates Madden's de-squashing/stretching, or in the case of some of my stadium art, I might even go with 512x256 which is twice the resolution aswell. Plus all my textures are 24-bit too. That's the main reason I like TexMod so much; I can make my textures just the way I want them without having to worry about whether that's even possible in a .dat-based mod. Dat-editing kinda leaves me cold to be honest, but I'm quite happy if anyone else wants to have a go.

I was planning to get those images uploaded in their original .png form (non-tpf) in a couple of hours though; if you think they can be saved "as-is" in .dds form I'd be happy to do that instead though?

Sleeper66
All-Pro

Postby Sleeper66 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:03 pm

The main logos should be an easy conversion, from PNG to 8-bit BMP, which can be inserted into the team logos DAT using the MMAPer and MUER.

I did versions of the Browns and Seahawks, which are inferior to yours. Looking forward to those PNGs....

Return to “Finished Mods”