pick6's Logo Mod v4 (hi-quality team logo's & more)

A collection of all finished mods!
irulme
Veteran

Re: pick6's Logo Mod v3 RELEASE (hi-quality team logo's & mo

Postby irulme » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:04 pm

pick6 wrote:
irulme wrote:Any chance you could post a tpf file with the updated Bucs logo?

Sorry but no. I prefer to encourage folks to try to do stuff for themselves! ;) If I ever release a newer version of my Logo Mod, then it would of course be included, but I'm not gonna do that just for one file. Before anyone asks, I have no plans to release a newer version in the near future.

I couldn't get it to work. That's why I asked.

Sponsor

Sponsor

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:09 am

Please don't take this the wrong way, but looking back at your earlier posts in this thread, you first mentioned using TexMod 18 months ago. :shock: I therefore think this would be a great time to take the next step and learn how to build your own .tpf's! :D It's extremely limiting having to rely on others for the quick stuff, and you'll find a huge amount of possibilities open up for you when you can build your own.

From my own point of view, I don't want to do this myself as that would mean re-visiting something I've had to put on hold for a while, and then start updating a ton of other stuff in it too. If I update one texture, folks will then start asking about me doing an updated color-matching roster etc and I just don't want to get into all that now. There is a ton of info out there on how to build .tpf's, but if you make a proper try, and post your progress here, I will try to help.

To put it another way, if I look back at everything I've done here in the past 18 months, to me that's a real long time and I've learnt an absolute ton of stuff since then. Everything in my signature below (including Logo Mod, TrueTurf, and various templates and tutorials) has all been learnt from scratch in that time!! So I kinda feel you could get through this if you really want to. You may not think you can right now, but you might just surprise yourself! ;)

irulme
Veteran

Postby irulme » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:16 am

When I mentioned before I was having issues, I ended up using your DAT method to get the Bucs logo in the game. Where was I having problems was following the instructions to update the logo into your TPF file. I loaded the TPF into TPF Extract, and extracted all the files. I placed the new logo into the folder, went into Texmod, went to Package Build, loaded the definition file that was extracted from TPF Extract with the files, saved the package, and loaded it with Madden. Instead what happened was the Madden 25 logo displayed all disproportionately, and when picking teams, probably 3/4 of the teams had the Madden 25 logo instead of the team logo.

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:46 am

irulme wrote:Instead what happened was the Madden 25 logo displayed all disproportionately, and when picking teams, probably 3/4 of the teams had the Madden 25 logo instead of the team logo.

Well first of all, it sounds like you're on the right track! Since you got it into .dat-form successfully, you probably don't need to get it into .tpf-form now, but it still would be a real useful exercise, as this is bound to come up again in the future! Here's what I'd recommend: try building the .tpf with just the single Bucs logo in it. The .def file should therefore only have two lines (one for main logo and one for score logo). Bear in my mind that the memory address will be different if you have any mods installed, so log the address yourself first to be certain you have the right one. Get that much working first before you try adding it to my definition file again.

One other tip is to always go thru the build process twice; that is, click "build", select definition file, and save. Then repeat build/select/save. I've sometimes had erratic behavior like yours in the past and building twice seems to sort it.

irulme
Veteran

Postby irulme » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:21 am

Do you know what file has the logos for the fan merchandise? I'm still using your stadium mod and of course the logo mod, but I noticed like.. On cut scenes to the fans, it shows them wearing merchandise with the old Dolphins logo. So I kinda wanted to go through and update those for different teams.

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:04 pm

irulme wrote:Do you know what file has the logos for the fan merchandise?

If you mean for .dat-form, no I don't know as this thread is a .tpf-based mod.
If you mean for TexMod, then you just need to log those textures and replace them. Easiest way is to go to create-a-fan where you can log everything without having to actually play a game. I did say this was bound to come up again soon though; time to get reading I reckon! ;-)

irulme
Veteran

Postby irulme » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:33 pm

Fair enough. I figured I'd pick your brain since you've been messing around with modding for the game. I wish I knew where to find all the info on what DAT contains what. I remember they used to have a resource page for that on the old football-freaks forums.

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:15 am

irulme wrote:Fair enough. I figured I'd pick your brain since you've been messing around with modding for the game. I wish I knew where to find all the info on what DAT contains what. I remember they used to have a resource page for that on the old football-freaks forums.

Without looking......I am guessing FanData.dat is where the fan merchandise is located......I could be wrong though

pick6
Hall of Fame

Re: pick6's Logo Mod v3 RELEASE (hi-quality team logo's & more)

Postby pick6 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:52 pm

Two posts were deleted from this thread overnight, likely due to the site problems reported elsewhere, so here goes again. Irulme, if you're looking for stuff, I suggest you start with the USEFUL LINKS thread, which is linked to in my signature below. When you get there, press CTRL and F to search within that page for specific words. And if you ever need to get back to that Useful Links thread again, just look for any post by me to get back to my signature! There is an absolute TON of stuff there, but if you still can't find what you're looking for, I'd be grateful if you could start a new thread instead.

El_Macaquito, to answer your (deleted) question (again!), yes my Logo Mod and TrueTurf are completely compatible with each other. You can load them in either order too, as they do not contain the same textures, and so there is no overlap or conflict. :-)

pick6
Hall of Fame

Re: pick6's Logo Mod v4 (hi-quality team logo's & more)

Postby pick6 » Sat May 28, 2016 8:56 am

Screenshots and download links in first and second posts have now been fixed.
Also released v4, which has a few minor changes including Gronk splash screen, updated CLE & TB logos, and improved ball. See changelog in first post for more info.
For info on my current status, see HERE

Return to “Finished Mods”