Heisman 14 - Has it really been 10 years?

A collection of all finished mods!
RiKO
Rookie

Re: Heisman 14 - Somehow still being talked about

Postby RiKO » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:22 pm

Can anyone post just a roster/francise file of the season 2018, 2019 or 2020?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:09 am

Riko I will post all of these rosters today but they have 69 players per team and they will have to be reduced to 55 players and then reorder the depth chart for each team that has been reduced

I have tested this and it does work

If you reorder the depth chart without reduced players the game let's you visit.....
Crasha De Desktopa

RiKO
Rookie

Postby RiKO » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:24 am

Rixster67r wrote:Riko I will post all of these rosters today but they have 69 players per team and they will have to be reduced to 55 players and then reorder the depth chart for each team that has been reduced

I have tested this and it does work

If you reorder the depth chart without reduced players the game let's you visit.....
Crasha De Desktopa

This I know, I saw the post in another thread. I would be glad to bring everything back to normal, to 55 players, just so that these are not csv files, because of them it all breaks down, working in Excel is torture and horror. ros or franchise format suits me completely, that's why I asked everyone else

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:12 am

Been getting an NCAA itch lately, wish I'd known that the NCAA games had much better depth than the PS3 era Madden growing up.

Does this mod actually serve as a replacement for an NCAA game (with the add on mod too)? How does the franchise mode aspect of it work? Contracts, recruiting or "the draft", 350lb 20 year olds, etc? Are players enforced to have 4 year careers before they retire? Is the "College All-Star Game" the high school "All American" game?

In theory, I could universally edit the retirement ages of all the positions to simulate a legit 4 year college career. Saw a study on here that said the earliest they could get players to retire was 30ish, but didn't factor in overalls which play a role.

What're the overalls like with the rosters? I bet if universally edited to a lower ratio players would retire around 26-27ish.

There's 3 methods I'm considering:

1. Universally edit the ages of the draft classes to 27-29 and edit the retirement urgency equal to 31-33 for all position groups.

2. Increase the urgency for players to retire to the 30ish like I said above, but universally lower all the attributes of all the players, thus causing a quicker retirement.

3. Both. 4 year careers would require heavy editing.

The first option seems the simplest, but the second option seems more realistic since we're talking about college athletes not professional they should be lower overall.

Are the randomized draft classes editable in a way that could be redistributed? Not quite hard wired, but like NFL Head Coach 09's draft classes, predetermined with set players?

I'd love to get this going and have a legit "NCAA dynasty mod" (that has an actual playoff system by stroke of luck) for PC since my potato can't emulate NCAA 06.

Any and all information I this would be appreciated, I've got some experience editing rosters and certain aspects of the game from modding NFL Head Coach.

We need a dat based version of this mod lol

Here's a copy of JDHalfracks fantasy draft tool that could be potentially used to easily reverse the draft order instead of all the technical instructions. I haven't tested this, but in theory it should work.

EDIT: Or, we could globally set contracts to 4 years with NZA's editor, then set "re-sign" to user across the league would make this a legit college mod.
Attachments
Fantasy Draft Utility %28version 2.3%29.7z
(118.78 KiB) Downloaded 119 times

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:35 pm

Is the ball fixable? The strips is way too low and thin.
Attachments
EA SPORTS(tm) Madden NFL 08 12_22_2021 6_28_35 PM.png
EA SPORTS(tm) Madden NFL 08 12_22_2021 6_28_35 PM.png (4.13 MiB) Viewed 3302 times

Pregadordouard
Pro Bowl

Postby Pregadordouard » Wed May 10, 2023 10:48 pm

Players rating close to real life ?

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Thu May 11, 2023 9:53 pm

Pregadordouard wrote:Players rating close to real life ?

No

Pregadordouard
Pro Bowl

Postby Pregadordouard » Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:32 pm

Would it be possible to take out the "draft" and leave all the prospects directly in Free Agency? Would this give it more of a college atmosphere

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:49 pm

Pregadordouard wrote:Would it be possible to take out the "draft" and leave all the prospects directly in Free Agency? Would this give it more of a college atmosphere

No the draft is something that the game requires. There's a way to export the draft order to Excel so that you can reverse it. There might even be a way to release all of the drafted players back into free agency after the draft.

But my memory of how to do this is foggy.

Pregadordouard
Pro Bowl

Postby Pregadordouard » Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:08 pm

BelieverInTeal wrote:
Pregadordouard wrote:Would it be possible to take out the "draft" and leave all the prospects directly in Free Agency? Would this give it more of a college atmosphere

No the draft is something that the game requires. There's a way to export the draft order to Excel so that you can reverse it. There might even be a way to release all of the drafted players back into free agency after the draft.

But my memory of how to do this is foggy.

Thanks for the answer, I thought it was possible

Return to “Finished Mods”