Heisman 14 - Has it really been 10 years?

A collection of all finished mods!
RevanFan
Legend

Re: Heisman 14 - Ready for takeoff

Postby RevanFan » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:55 pm

Squeeze wrote:
taylormatt51 wrote:Will there be any updates to the rosters for this years college season

Kevin5455 wrote:Probably not, and we get that question a lot.

That's a pity but are we allowed to update the roster by ourselves for personal use?

I'm fairly certain they won't have much of an issue with you updating it for yourself (though I'm not them, so I can't speak for them). Just don't give it to anyone else.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Sponsor

Sponsor

whatshouldmynamebe
Rookie

Postby whatshouldmynamebe » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:52 pm

Does anybody know how to update the team's uniforms? Example: Tennessee, Utah, Oregon.

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:28 am

whatshouldmynamebe wrote:Does anybody know how to update the team's uniforms? Example: Tennessee, Utah, Oregon.

You need to elaborate more on your question so we can answer you....... Update could mean many different things

whatshouldmynamebe
Rookie

Postby whatshouldmynamebe » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:11 pm

Rixster67r wrote:
whatshouldmynamebe wrote:Does anybody know how to update the team's uniforms? Example: Tennessee, Utah, Oregon.

You need to elaborate more on your question so we can answer you....... Update could mean many different things

Tennessee is now Nike, I think Utah is still UA, but they have different uniforms.

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:28 pm

I don't think anyone is working on this that I know of but you could create them yourself....... Texmod is really easy once you get the hang of it and very addicting

Every thing you need and need to know is in these two threads........ viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18332

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8541

whatshouldmynamebe
Rookie

Postby whatshouldmynamebe » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:49 pm

Rixster67r wrote:I don't think anyone is working on this that I know of but you could create them yourself....... Texmod is really easy once you get the hang of it and very addicting

Every thing you need and need to know is in these two threads........ viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18332

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8541

Thanks!

vols1
Rookie

Postby vols1 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:53 pm

Is there any interest in updating the rosters for this mod? It's been several years, and as far as I know there are still no other ncaa options for pc.

I'm almost finished updating qb ratings so the starters for all 126 teams are completed, maybe someone would like to start hacking at some specific teams/positions?

As far as ratings go, for the QBs, I'm keeping them similar to the ratings from the original mod. For instance, if the 35th best qb from Heisman 14 is rated an 84, today's 35th best will also be rated an 84. I at least think this preserves balance and gets rid of my bias lol!

Let me know what you guys think!

vols1
Rookie

Postby vols1 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:01 am

I've completed all of the teams for the main roster, and I should be done with the add-on next week. I used the most recent roster built for NCAA 14 on 360 (apparently the community over there still spits out updates), and I converted the roster to work for PC, with a few tweaks to make it functional. If anyone's interested, let me know.

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin5455 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:57 am

vols1 wrote:I've completed all of the teams for the main roster, and I should be done with the add-on next week. I used the most recent roster built for NCAA 14 on 360 (apparently the community over there still spits out updates), and I converted the roster to work for PC, with a few tweaks to make it functional. If anyone's interested, let me know.

I'm interested...to see how you work it out

vols1
Rookie

Postby vols1 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:21 pm

Kevin5455 wrote:
vols1 wrote:I've completed all of the teams for the main roster, and I should be done with the add-on next week. I used the most recent roster built for NCAA 14 on 360 (apparently the community over there still spits out updates), and I converted the roster to work for PC, with a few tweaks to make it functional. If anyone's interested, let me know.

I'm interested...to see how you work it out

Basically, it goes like this:

1. Take most recent NCAA xbox roster. Open in DB editor with the right config, and export to CSV.
2. Change team ID's to match the Heisman 14 roster. Will take some work, but I've just made a table to make the lookups easy.
3. Locate the ratings usable for Madden. Every madden 08 rating (except for toughness I believe...) is a rating in NCAA 14, so they line up fairly well. Simply ignore the NCAA specific ratings (run block footwork, elusiveness, etc.)
4. To get the roster to fit easily, I gave each team 3 QBs, 4 RB/FB, 8 WR/TE, 11 OL, 9 DL, 7 LB, 11 DB, and 2 K/P. Just take the top chunk of each position from the NCAA roster.
5. Faces/Skin tones are doable as well. In the NCAA roster, faces 1-100 are Light, 101-150 are Medium, 151+ are Dark. All you have to do is assign a skin tone of 0,1, or 2 based on this, then choose a random face within that skin tone.
5. Now, open up the Heisman roster in NZA editor 1.3, and export to CSV. Copy and paste the ratings from the NCAA roster into the Heisman CSV, and make sure that all other players in the Heisman roster are 'Free Transfers', 'Graduated', etc. All team players should be replaced by your incoming paste.
6. I believe that should be all. Go play NCAA with new rosters!

The roster looks good, seems to be working without a hitch so far. I'm just working on some balancing things, too many 99 OVR players at this point.

Finally, I'm not sure if I have permission to release my roster, so I will hesitate to do so until given that permission, but I'm hoping I'll get the green light.

Return to “Finished Mods”