FF/FI Mod Release Thread - 9/10/2019 - First 2019 Update

A collection of all finished mods!
ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Re: FF/FI Mod Release Thread - 9/10/2019 - First 2019 Update

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:39 pm

Quick stadium question: If we could import Practice Field H from Madden 04, how come we can't import other ones from there? For example, FirstEnergy Stadium in Madden 08 is miles worse than it is in 04, and I'd rather have that model in the game instead.
"My wife passed away seven years ago, right, but the sun came up the next day, the world kept spinning and people kept going to work, and that's what we're going to do." - Mike Zimmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:44 pm

ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:Quick stadium question: If we could import Practice Field H from Madden 04, how come we can't import other ones from there? For example, FirstEnergy Stadium in Madden 08 is miles worse than it is in 04, and I'd rather have that model in the game instead.

You'd have to ask elguapo about importing that model. And then KeepinItTeal, because we use a DAT version of his FirstEnergy TPF, which would need to be rebuilt if we took the old model. Then rogerjinx, because he'd need to convert that new TPF to .DAT.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:18 pm

ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:Quick stadium question: If we could import Practice Field H from Madden 04, how come we can't import other ones from there? For example, FirstEnergy Stadium in Madden 08 is miles worse than it is in 04, and I'd rather have that model in the game instead.

RevanFan wrote:You'd have to ask elguapo about importing that model. And then KeepinItTeal, because we use a DAT version of his FirstEnergy TPF, which would need to be rebuilt if we took the old model. Then rogerjinx, because he'd need to convert that new TPF to .DAT.

It's not impossible but rather, a question of efficacy. The reason that the practice fields, as well as the fictional stadiums, were imported so easily was because they didn't contain crowd textures. When you import a stadium with crowd textures, there's more work that needs to be done on the back end for them to work.

Even with Practice Field H, there were at least two textures that didn't how up properly but the rest of the field worked so nobody said anything. These have since been fixed, btw, and nobody noticed but my point stands.

The reason why it's a question of efficacy is because you need to ask yourself if a particular stadium is really worth the legwork to make it compatible with 08. Since most of the graphics are lower res in 04 than 08, the answer generally is no. But look, if you can make a case as to why you want this one, I'm all ears.

MikeWest502
Pro Bowl

Postby MikeWest502 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:25 am

RevanFan wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:Hey RevanFan, I tried several times to DL two of the legacy mods from here. When I DL the FF/FI XVIII (2017 season), I get a decryption error at the end of the DL. I tried Opera browser and Firefox both failed with a decryption error. When I dl FF/FI XVII (2016 season), dl is ok but, when I used 7Zip or WinRar to try to unpack, I get errors saying the files in the zip are corrupted. Can you please refresh those for me?

I'll look into it, but it's not a priority. I only have links to them for archival purposes. They're no longer supported.

Well at minimum the downloads should be functional right! I'm ok with no support! The penalty sliver files are what I'm most interested in. This mod they have changed again and I wanted copies from the last few seasons. I like to mix them up!

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:06 am

MikeWest502 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:Hey RevanFan, I tried several times to DL two of the legacy mods from here. When I DL the FF/FI XVIII (2017 season), I get a decryption error at the end of the DL. I tried Opera browser and Firefox both failed with a decryption error. When I dl FF/FI XVII (2016 season), dl is ok but, when I used 7Zip or WinRar to try to unpack, I get errors saying the files in the zip are corrupted. Can you please refresh those for me?

I'll look into it, but it's not a priority. I only have links to them for archival purposes. They're no longer supported.

Well at minimum the downloads should be functional right! I'm ok with no support! The penalty sliver files are what I'm most interested in. This mod they have changed again and I wanted copies from the last few seasons. I like to mix them up!

I downloaded the archives from both MediaFire (2018) and Mega (2017 and older), and they worked flawlessly. Downloaded and extracted fine. I'd say try again. It's something on your end.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:08 am

BelieverInTeal wrote:Even with Practice Field H, there were at least two textures that didn't how up properly but the rest of the field worked so nobody said anything. These have since been fixed, btw, and nobody noticed but my point stands.

The reason why it's a question of efficacy is because you need to ask yourself if a particular stadium is really worth the legwork to make it compatible with 08. Since most of the graphics are lower res in 04 than 08, the answer generally is no. But look, if you can make a case as to why you want this one, I'm all ears.

The case comes from a simple glance at both versions of FirstEnergy. I don't have screenshots on me now, but anyone who's played Madden 08 can say that the FES model is terrible. The stands are farther away from the field than any other stadium in the game, no exaggeration. The stadium model itself is just too big and also too square.
I got the idea for this about a couple years ago when I played Madden 04 for the first time and was going through stadium previews. None of the other stadiums looked better than their 08 counterparts...except FES. The stadium was correctly sized, was close to the field, and overall just is better to look at.
Updating it if we get it into 08 won't be a problem. It's all a matter of getting it in.

Also, I noticed the Practice Field H updates. Don't worry.
"My wife passed away seven years ago, right, but the sun came up the next day, the world kept spinning and people kept going to work, and that's what we're going to do." - Mike Zimmer

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:08 pm

ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:
BelieverInTeal wrote:Even with Practice Field H, there were at least two textures that didn't how up properly but the rest of the field worked so nobody said anything. These have since been fixed, btw, and nobody noticed but my point stands.

The case comes from a simple glance at both versions of FirstEnergy. I don't have screenshots on me now, but anyone who's played Madden 08 can say that the FES model is terrible. The stands are farther away from the field than any other stadium in the game, no exaggeration. The stadium model itself is just too big and also too square.
I got the idea for this about a couple years ago when I played Madden 04 for the first time and was going through stadium previews. None of the other stadiums looked better than their 08 counterparts...except FES. The stadium was correctly sized, was close to the field, and overall just is better to look at.
Updating it if we get it into 08 won't be a problem. It's all a matter of getting it in.

Also, I noticed the Practice Field H updates. Don't worry.

If you have pics that would be swell. I'll have to look at the coordinates for both (Madden coordinates not GPS) to see what the scale of difference is.

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:47 pm

Haven't been this excited for a mod in a while, been refreshing this thread for the past couple weeks. Really excited to see what BiT's made.

Return to “Finished Mods”