FF/FI Mod Release Thread - 9/10/2019 - First 2019 Update

A collection of all finished mods!
MikeWest502
Veteran

Re: FF/FI Mod Release Thread - 9/10/2019 - First 2019 Update

Postby MikeWest502 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:06 pm

Mega stated that I reached a transfer limit and prompted me to pay for service! I closed the window and used the Mediafire alternate dl. Mega wants money now, what a joke!

Sponsor

Sponsor

bamarulzz
Veteran

Postby bamarulzz » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:20 pm

quick question , since there are 2 ratings options with Rogers ratings updating for 2008 and one with the straight up Madden ratings what is the big difference between the 2 and which is recommended ? thanks

Gronky
All-Pro

Postby Gronky » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:49 pm

bamarulzz wrote:quick question , since there are 2 ratings options with Rogers ratings updating for 2008 and one with the straight up Madden ratings what is the big difference between the 2 and which is recommended ? thanks

Not 100 percent sure what your asking but
You need to get ROJO roster 2019
and the 2019 FF Mod
Also madden amp and caltrops scripts

sarcasticface
MVP

Postby sarcasticface » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:18 pm

Gronky wrote:
bamarulzz wrote:quick question , since there are 2 ratings options with Rogers ratings updating for 2008 and one with the straight up Madden ratings what is the big difference between the 2 and which is recommended ? thanks

and the 2019 FF Mod

That’s a misleading answer. For @bamarulzz, I’m not sure what the difference is. I was wondering that myself.

For @Gronky, you don’t need ROJO roster unless you want it. Madden AMP is an editor, so, again, not needed. I recommend calhoupe’s scripts if you want realism, but if you’re on Windows 10, you have to have them.
Brees > Brady

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:28 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:Mega stated that I reached a transfer limit and prompted me to pay for service! I closed the window and used the Mediafire alternate dl. Mega wants money now, what a joke!

That isn't the case. If you get a warning that you reached a quota, it means you've downloaded too much over Mega recently, and have to wait 6 hours before you can download again.

Reasons like that are why I have the alternate links. I like Mega a lot, but I kind of feel like it's better for backups of your own files, rather than for file sharing.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:33 pm

Gronky wrote:

and the 2019 FF Mod

This answer doesn't really answer his question, and it is also a bit incorrect.

As of RIGHT NOW, you do NOT need Roger's 1.0 roster, as it is included by default in the FF Mod. All of his future updates will not be included though, so that is when you'll want to grab his roster.

You do need to use the FF Mod to run any version of his roster, that is correct, but as I said, 1.0 is included with the mod.

Madden Amp isn't required for anything, though it is very useful. Calhoupe's scripts are pretty important, but aren't strictly needed if you're on Windows 8.1 or older. However, you really should be on 10 by now, so go ahead and grab them.

To answer your actual question though, the ratings in the DB_TEMPLATES file closely match the ratings of the newer Madden games. Various positions, especially defensive linemen and tight ends, are rated vastly differently. A 99 TE in the original game could be as low as mid-80s with the new ratings, and the same goes for defensive linemen. For linemen specifically, it greatly lowers the effect that speed and acceleration have on their ratings. For example, in the default Madden 08, a DE with a speed in the mid-80s will usually have a VERY high OVR, but what Roger's new rating system does is change the weight of each rating to more closely reflect newer Madden games. However, should you prefer the original rating system (as I do), the DB_TEMPLATES.dat-origOVR file contains those ratings, so just change the original file to DB_TEMPLATES.dat-ffmod or something, and change the name of .dat-origOVR, removing the -origOVR part.

As for which is recommended, it's all down to preference. They both have strengths and weaknesses. The newer system is probably a bit better weighted based around the current NFL, but the original system is the only one you can use when editing rosters with NZA's Editor. Editing is the main reason I use the -origOVR file, though I do also prefer the system (because I like seeing higher OVR ratings haha.)

Hope this helps.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:36 pm

Hey RevanFan..I was hoping that the Steelers home shoes that I made up would be included.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:33 am

BUS36 wrote:Hey RevanFan..I was hoping that the Steelers home shoes that I made up would be included.

If you want to modify the current home uniform with the new shoes, feel free to do so and send them my way. Preferably with a screenshot.

bamarulzz
Veteran

Postby bamarulzz » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:07 am

RevanFan wrote:
Gronky wrote:

and the 2019 FF Mod

This answer doesn't really answer his question, and it is also a bit incorrect.

As of RIGHT NOW, you do NOT need Roger's 1.0 roster, as it is included by default in the FF Mod. All of his future updates will not be included though, so that is when you'll want to grab his roster.

You do need to use the FF Mod to run any version of his roster, that is correct, but as I said, 1.0 is included with the mod.

Madden Amp isn't required for anything, though it is very useful. Calhoupe's scripts are pretty important, but aren't strictly needed if you're on Windows 8.1 or older. However, you really should be on 10 by now, so go ahead and grab them.

To answer your actual question though, the ratings in the DB_TEMPLATES file closely match the ratings of the newer Madden games. Various positions, especially defensive linemen and tight ends, are rated vastly differently. A 99 TE in the original game could be as low as mid-80s with the new ratings, and the same goes for defensive linemen. For linemen specifically, it greatly lowers the effect that speed and acceleration have on their ratings. For example, in the default Madden 08, a DE with a speed in the mid-80s will usually have a VERY high OVR, but what Roger's new rating system does is change the weight of each rating to more closely reflect newer Madden games. However, should you prefer the original rating system (as I do), the DB_TEMPLATES.dat-origOVR file contains those ratings, so just change the original file to DB_TEMPLATES.dat-ffmod or something, and change the name of .dat-origOVR, removing the -origOVR part.

As for which is recommended, it's all down to preference. They both have strengths and weaknesses. The newer system is probably a bit better weighted based around the current NFL, but the original system is the only one you can use when editing rosters with NZA's Editor. Editing is the main reason I use the -origOVR file, though I do also prefer the system (because I like seeing higher OVR ratings haha.)

Hope this helps.

Yep this is exactly what I was looking for . I do seem to recall a few years back when all the tight ends and defensive ends were pretty jacked up. I've been using Rogers ratings so I will probably stick with that . This also explains why I have problems editing . Thanks for the response :D

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:32 pm

I'm guessing the NFL100 logos will be in sometime soon?

If you guys don't have an image, pitt6pack on SL.net Boards has a HQ one:
https://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/10 ... nt-3025180
"My wife passed away seven years ago, right, but the sun came up the next day, the world kept spinning and people kept going to work, and that's what we're going to do." - Mike Zimmer

Return to “Finished Mods”