TEAM LOGOS DAT - DOWNLOAD 4/29/2012

NICK
All-Pro

Postby NICK » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:29 pm

EDIT: NFL MADDEN 08 TEAM LOGOS DAT DOWNLOAD

Download attached file, unzip, and place file in your " My Documents / Madden NFL 08 " folder.

Attachments
TEAM LOGOS DAT GRAPHIC MAP.zip
LOGO DAT LAYOUT SPREADSHEET
(2.22 KiB) Downloaded 1647 times
JOHN 3:16

Sponsor

Sponsor

LOBBS
All-Pro

Re: TEAM LOGOS DAT

Postby LOBBS » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:51 pm

Great news, can't wait for more updates. If you need some help let me know.

NICK
All-Pro

Postby NICK » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:06 pm

LOBBS wrote:Great news, can't wait for more updates. If you need some help let me know.

The way I plan on doing it is to put the Team logo dat in the my documents folder of Madden and then opening the dat with the dat file replacer utility. I then take my mmap image and import it into the files of the team logo dat one at a time .... go into game and starting with the Bears in a game setting and then seeing where the image shows up. When I tried this in every file slot I was using a 4 bit image at 256 x 256 with three mipmaps, but I'm pretty sure the default size for a team's large logo is 128 x 128 and then either 64 x 64 or 32 x 32 for the other images .... any size will probably work seeing I tested it with a large image. If you want, you can help me map the dat .... I think there are over 300 images ... the large logos didn't start to change to my image until somewhere during the last third of the dat ... I think the last 100 or so files. I am back at work so I won't get to spend a good bit of time on it until probably Wednesday afternoon or Thursday. You can take a regular bmp image and convert to a mmap file .... that is what you want to import. I really don't think the image you use has to be mipmapped, but the one I used was .... I was actually using a midfield logo. There is an image that is used to appear behind individual players in game, an image shows up for each team's score during the game, and then of course the Team's main logo. There might be some others, but that is what I noticed. If your mmap image has a .mmap extension on the file, you can open it with JD's editor, If the same mmap image has a .dat extension on it, you can open it with Stingray68's editor. It's a pain to keep opening and closing the game, but it has to be done .... that is how I mapped the pro bowl helmets and the field art.

LOBBS
All-Pro

Postby LOBBS » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:31 pm

I'll get started tonight and build an Excel sheet with what I can find.

JDHalfrack
All-Pro

Postby JDHalfrack » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:40 am

If it's truly a mmap (regardless of extension), it should be able to be opened in my editor. It allows you to open "All Files (*.*)" in the Open File dialog menu.

Besides that, yeah, your way of checking each file is about the only way to do it... it's tedious, but at least it can be done (we couldn't say that a few years ago)! And trust me, we all appreciate your work on this!

JD

NICK
All-Pro

Postby NICK » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:44 am

I have mapped all 32 NFL teams' large logo and also the NFC / AFC team logos. My spreadsheet is attached. That's all I have time to do today unfortunately. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Attachments
(2.3 KiB) Downloaded 292 times

NICK
All-Pro

Postby NICK » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:08 pm

Updated Graphic map spreadsheet attached. The small logo appears on the team scoreboard, slides during replays, and appears behind players portraits that make key or significant plays during drives. The graphic that will be hard to find is the NFL logo .... we need to find it in order to import the NFL's new logo. Anyway, the 32 NFL Teams are mapped for this dat.

LOBBS you have that nifty graphic program that is real good at doing 3D graphics ..... might dress up the game some with a 3D effect.
Attachments
(2.29 KiB) Downloaded 253 times

Sleeper66
All-Pro

Postby Sleeper66 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:20 pm

Question for ya Nick: I was able to import a midfield logo, after converting to MMAP, but I'm not getting the transparency. The 255, 0, 255 background is showing up. Is there another transparency RGB value I need to switch to, or can you think of a reason why this is happening?

Thanks again for the general awesomeness.

NICK
All-Pro

Postby NICK » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:40 pm

Sleeper66 wrote:Question for ya Nick: I was able to import a midfield logo, after converting to MMAP, but I'm not getting the transparency. The 255, 0, 255 background is showing up. Is there another transparency RGB value I need to switch to, or can you think of a reason why this is happening?

Thanks again for the general awesomeness.

Do not use 255,0,255 rgb as your transparency color. These are different than Madden's custom art files that use that color value as default. Your transparency color should be what ever your background color is .... open with JD's Muer utility and check options under tools replace corresponding palette with replacement bitmaps palette and make first color in the palette transparent. When you convert your edited image in your graphics program to index color, make sure you make the first color in your palette the background color .... the editor will see this on import and make it transparent when the option is checked. Import the first image if your image has attached mipmaps ..... save the image, close it, and then reopen the image again in JD's editor. uncheck the options and import the remaining mip map images. save and then your done. Import into the Game dat.

LOBBS
All-Pro

Postby LOBBS » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:52 pm

NICK wrote:Updated Graphic map spreadsheet attached. The small logo appears on the team scoreboard, slides during replays, and appears behind players portraits that make key or significant plays during drives. The graphic that will be hard to find is the NFL logo .... we need to find it in order to import the NFL's new logo. Anyway, the 32 NFL Teams are mapped for this dat.

LOBBS you have that nifty graphic program that is real good at doing 3D graphics ..... might dress up the game some with a 3D effect.

Xara. Yeah I'm sure we can come up with a few things.

Return to “Graphics”