FieldartSavior

mee
Hall of Fame

FieldartSavior

Postby mee » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:04 pm

FieldartSavior.zip
(85.04 KiB) Downloaded 107 times

DISCLAIMER: THIS FILE IS NOT PLUG AND PLAY. READ THE FIRST FEW POSTS BEFORE DOWNLOADING

Over the past few weeks I have been working on a brand-new fieldart TMdl that covers all the art on the field in one file. The goal of course is to maximize both the quality and the control that we have over the fields that we create in Madden.
This fieldart TMdl contains 7 different files- 2 endzones, 4 25-yard logos and 1 midfield. Together this one file can control the entire custom part of the field. I'd suggest putting this file in the midfield slot and elguopo's 2 field TMdl in the endzone 1 slot for the best results. The endzone 2 slot is not used nor shown on the field, so that can have a super bowl endzone for every single team, and the result would be a realistic super bowl experience as far as endzones.
The midfield is exactly 20x20 yards, it stretches from the 40 to the other 40.
The 25 yard logos are 8x8 yards, from the 21 to the 29 yard line.
I am working on templates for both the midfield and the 25 yard logos to help people create their own fields.
The endzone start 8 feet into the endzone and reach the back of it. I had to fix EA's garbage mistake they put in for some unknown reason which they then coded around. They literally coded around a simple error in their TMdl. Why they didn't just fix the error???

I've named this project the FieldartSavior(no space!) because I kinda like the sound of it.

This first post, second post and third post are very much under development.

I would like to give credit to many formumers on this site that help made this project happen.
Stingray68- His MoRE tool that let's us edit the TMdl files. His many tutorials on hex editing. His DEX file that I use to edit MMAPs. WOW!
elguapo- Pioneered the editing of TMdl files along with StingRay, his two field TMdl will be a must in using my files here.
BelieverInTeal- Another one of the pioneers of TMdl editing
AustinMario13-I like you what the heck.
KeepinItTeal/sarcasticface/ThePurplePeopleEater- seeing your uniforms dragged me back into modding. Oh and free time from COVID-19 Lockdowns.
RevanFan- No list can ever not include you. Don't think I'm going to post EXACTLY what I thanking you for, but a big part of my return for these few months.
pitt6pack of sportslogos.net-he has the graphics of fields going back many years. An invaluable resource!
pick6-The legend himself. I would never have been a modder around here without his simple tutiorals that can help any newbie get into modding! Check out his goalpost tutorial, his midfield template, fieldbuilder etc. He gave me tons of help when I first started here as well.
So the Giants traded Beckham....

FieldartSavior

Sponsor

Sponsor

mee
Hall of Fame

Re: FieldartSavior

Postby mee » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:06 pm

SECTION NUMBER ONE: BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU'VE DOWNLOADED
Congrats on downloading my FieldartSavior. I Hope you the best. Here is how the file breaks down..
The .zip file attached above contains 2 files- FieldartSaviorTMdlinfo.TMdl and FieldartSaviorMMAP.mmap.
The TMdl can be put aside for now. We will come back to that later.
Open up the MMAP file in DEX(or MUER whichever you prefer).
For some reason unknown to mankind, EA decided to order these file like this: file1, file8, file5, file2, file3, file4, file7, file9. I don't really care, I am going to refer to the order that DEX shows them as BitMaps 0-7, I hope you don't mind.
BitMap0: This is the purple 25 yard logo in the picture below. The top right of the field when viewed the direction that the game begins from.
BitMap1: This is the blue 25 yard logo in the picture below. The bottom left of the field.
BitMap2: Called endzone number one, this is the Red endzone on the left side of the field.
BitMap 3: Called endzone number two, this is the brown endzone on the right side of the field.
BitMap 4: This is the midfield. Right in the middle of the field. Is 20x20 yards.
BitMap 5: This is the white 25 yard logo in the bottom right of the field
BitMap 6: This is the black 25 yard logo in the top left of the field
BitMap 7: This is currently transparent. The model is not used on the field. This is a file that can be used somewhere. Open to suggestions.

After you have edited these with you team logos/NFL logos ETC, you would add this file to the end of the TMdl file. Simply open both in a hex editor and paste the MMAP file at the end of the TMdl file. (This will change the file size, press that you are ok with that).

Most NFL teams will either use the 25 yard logos that are BitMap 0 and 1 OR Bitmap 5 and 6.
Replace the unused 25 yard logos with the file in bitmap 7, this way you don't have to change the MMAP size in the TMdl.
SECTION NUMBER TWO: HOW TO USE THIS FILE

After you have edited this, you will have a fully functional fieldart file that contains all the team specific logos. But what should we do with this?
I'm fully open to other options, but the best idea in my opinion is to put this file in a midfield slot. This opens the endzone one slot to contain an individual field for every single team, and the endzone 2 slot can be used for Super Bowl Endzones.
SECTION NUMBER THREE: WHY IS THIS SPECIAL

This is finally a brand new approach to fieldart. All the logos can be held in one file, no need for seperate midfield/endzone/25yardlogo files anymore.
This frees up a slot to make specific Super Bowl endzones for every team to add to the Madden experience.
This frees up a slot for unique fields for every team (20/50 yard outlines, number outlines, logos on the sideline)

The floor is open to questions, comments and suggestions.

mee
Hall of Fame

Re: The Fieldart Savior

Postby mee » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:07 pm

TEMPLATES

25 Yard LOGO
There are 8 layers in this template. Only 3 of them will be checked when you flatten. Here's how:
1) There are 5 different layer for the gras/turf. Select the one that is correct.-Base the pattern around the 25 yard logo this file is using-the ones on opposite sides of the grass field will need different grass patterns if your field alternates every 5 yards and you have 2 different field textures for the two side.
2) There is the 25 yard logo and the yard-guidelines. This file does not reach any hash marks so you do not want the guildlines to show in-game. They are there to give you an idea of how big you are making your logo. Make sure to unCheck it.
3) The logo file by default has an opacity of 206. You can play around with this as you wish
4) IMPORTANT: There should be no grass/turf or any part of the 25 yard line outside of the logo. It is there to get the faded effect that some fields have underneath their logos. To do this set magic wand to 70 on the logo layer, press the transparent area (your selection will go a little bit over the edges of your logo), switch to the turf/grass logo and press DELETE. Repeat for the 25 yard line.
FieldartSavior25YardLogo.zip
(1.26 MiB) Downloaded 96 times

Midfield Template
WIP

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Re: The Fieldart Savior

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:09 pm

Oh I cannot wait for some screenshots. This sounds nice.

mee
Hall of Fame

FieldartSavior

Postby mee » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:20 pm

ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:Oh I cannot wait for some screenshots. This sounds nice.

I'm still working on it. This is just a framework, there will be nothing special when it comes to the file itself, but it should REALLY streamline the making of fieldart and open up A LOT of slots..
The screenshots will be showing the 7 different colored sections on the field.
Should be up within an hour or two
EDIT: All up, one hour later.

sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Postby sarcasticface » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:38 pm

Well shit

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:39 am

Now that the project has been detailed:
What would storing the Super Bowl endzones in the fieldart.dat look like? How would we go about changing them for the Super Bowl?
This project is really promising. Thanks for this.

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:21 am

ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:Now that the project has been detailed:
What would storing the Super Bowl endzones in the fieldart.dat look like? How would we go about changing them for the Super Bowl?
This project is really promising. Thanks for this.

The game by default will load the TEZ2 for the two Super Bowl teams. If TEZ2=0 then the game loads TEZ1 for the Super Bowl. 8-)
With many of the older fieldart revamps either TEZ2 had to equal 0 and TEZ1 was used for something other than the endzone or TEZ2 was used for something other than the endzone itself (elguopo's uses TEZ2 for both endzone. The result is one team has both their endzones on the field :o )

With this project TEZ2 is open AND will be hidden underneath the endzone that is contained within my TMdl file in the midfield slot. ;)
To store in fieldart.dat these Super Bowl endzones can be placed in any file above 85 and pointed to in the roster file by subtracting 84 from the slot that are in, and setting that number as TEZ2. This can be done in any file. The game will know to load it for the Super Bowl. :D ;)

I can't promise that I will have time, because I haven't finished the midfield template to go along with this file nor have I started on the 25 yard logo template, but if I would make a full team it would probably become a lot clearer. ;)

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:09 pm

Mee you're a genius. This is incredible.

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:17 pm

Mee, this is such cool stuff!! Can't wait to dig into it!!

Return to “Graphics”