Oakland Raiders Graphics Update

sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Postby sarcasticface » Mon May 07, 2018 10:17 pm

I decided to update the endzones and the midfield logos for the Raiders. In the mod they are pitch black (0,0,0 RGB value), which makes it less realistic. Here's an update: http://www.mediafire.com/file/tofsyop8i ... Update.zip
With the Madden DB Editor, change the TMFL value, for the Raiders, in the roster (or franchise) in the TEAM table to 10. If you don't do this the hash mark lines won't match up for the midfield. Feel free to include it in the next mod update, Revanfan.
Screenshots are here (sorry, no pic for the Oakland endzone, as my franchise has the Las Vegas Raiders in it):

Sponsor

Sponsor

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Re: Oakland Raiders Graphics Update

Postby KeepinItTeal » Mon May 07, 2018 10:44 pm

sarcasticface wrote:I decided to update the endzones and the midfield logos for the Raiders. In the mod they are pitch black (0,0,0 RGB value), which makes it less realistic.

This is a very good point that I’ve been meaning to mention and it probably deserves its own thread... for all modders out there, you should never use absolute black (ie, 0, 0, 0 RGB) for anything you mod. I usually go with about 17,17,17 for anything needing a black texture. With that setting you avoid the flat blackhole look that won’t show any shading or other texture.

sarcasticface
Hall of Fame

Postby sarcasticface » Mon May 07, 2018 11:11 pm

KeepinItTeal wrote:
sarcasticface wrote:I decided to update the endzones and the midfield logos for the Raiders. In the mod they are pitch black (0,0,0 RGB value), which makes it less realistic.

This is a very good point that I’ve been meaning to mention and it probably deserves its own thread... for all modders out there, you should never use absolute black (ie, 0, 0, 0 RGB) for anything you mod. I usually go with about 17,17,17 for anything needing a black texture. With that setting you avoid the flat blackhole look that won’t show any shading or other texture.

I usually use (30, 30, 30) and sometimes (20, 20, 20). The Falcons' midfield logo and the Saints' endzone logo are also pitch black. I plan on fixing those later, too. Along with any other fieldart that's pitch black.

cyclone2426
All-Pro

Postby cyclone2426 » Tue May 08, 2018 8:53 am

When EA had their team design contest a couple years back I remember they recommended 12% black which would be (31,31,31), and I’ve always had good outcomes with either that or 13% (33,33,33).

Return to “Graphics”