The HD Fix ** NOW AVAILABLE ** (Updated 10/1/19)

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Re: The HD Fix ** NOW AVAILABLE **

Postby madden07eurocat » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:00 am

KeepinItTeal wrote:
madden07eurocat wrote:Just curious if the tpf's can be broken out by stadium kind of like how the dat updates are organized. It might alleviate a 50mb, or larger, tpf. I know that some people have issues running TexMod when the size of the tpf gets up there.
I just have to say again that you do some of the most beautiful work and running my franchise would not be the same without these tpf's!

I suppose so. I didn’t realize that TPF file size was causing any issues. If that’s the case, what’s the size threshold where issues start to arise?
Not sure what the size limit is and it isn't really a proven science. I just noted that the first time when I started using the first version of the HD crowds. Some of them were 200MB and they really bogged down my older system a bit. 50mb might be fine, but from your post of the tpf I just wasn't sure if that tpf was going to grow or there was just going to be more of them.
Don't sweat the petty things, and yet don't pet the sweaty things! ;)

Sponsor

Sponsor

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:25 am

madden07eurocat wrote:
KeepinItTeal wrote:
madden07eurocat wrote:Just curious if the tpf's can be broken out by stadium kind of like how the dat updates are organized. It might alleviate a 50mb, or larger, tpf. I know that some people have issues running TexMod when the size of the tpf gets up there.
I just have to say again that you do some of the most beautiful work and running my franchise would not be the same without these tpf's!

I suppose so. I didn’t realize that TPF file size was causing any issues. If that’s the case, what’s the size threshold where issues start to arise?
Not sure what the size limit is and it isn't really a proven science. I just noted that the first time when I started using the first version of the HD crowds. Some of them were 200MB and they really bogged down my older system a bit. 50mb might be fine, but from your post of the tpf I just wasn't sure if that tpf was going to grow or there was just going to be more of them.

So, with this one right at 50mb, let's see if anyone has issues. If they do, I'll be happy to break this up into smaller parts. Cool?

P.S. -- I have no plan to grow this one.

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:38 pm

KeepinItTeal wrote:
madden07eurocat wrote:
KeepinItTeal wrote:

So, with this one right at 50mb, let's see if anyone has issues. If they do, I'll be happy to break this up into smaller parts. Cool?

P.S. -- I have no plan to grow this one.
Dilly, dilly!!!
Don't sweat the petty things, and yet don't pet the sweaty things! ;)

Jay.paige
Pro Bowl

Postby Jay.paige » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:53 pm

Does my texture depth have to be on 32 or is default ok? I know Soldiers Field is going to look great, even if our team is under par!

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:05 am

Jay.paige wrote:Does my texture depth have to be on 32 or is default ok? I know Soldiers Field is going to look great, even if our team is under par!

Default is fine, that's actually the setting I use (which I use so that the custom crowd mod works properly).

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:37 pm

KeepinItTeal wrote:If that’s the case, what’s the size threshold where issues start to arise?

I read the replies, but I'm only commenting on this part.

The TPF size issue is dependant on two things, drive cache and system memory. So a large storage HDD with a small cache and limited system memory (like 2 or 4GB) can cause significant issues with large TPF's, while other users PC's with a decent SSD drive and 32GB or 64GB of Ram may not even notice the slightest issue. I looked into this when VirdeeMan's crowd mod was all one large TPF and there were some issues others were having with it.

So there isn't a specific size limit, it is mostly limited based on the end-user's hardware.

Also, nothing short of amazed with your overhauls man. Brilliant! Or dilly, dilly... or whatever we're doing now lol :lol:
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:12 pm

trey31 wrote:
KeepinItTeal wrote:If that’s the case, what’s the size threshold where issues start to arise?

I read the replies, but I'm only commenting on this part.

The TPF size issue is dependant on two things, drive cache and system memory. So a large storage HDD with a small cache and limited system memory (like 2 or 4GB) can cause significant issues with large TPF's, while other users PC's with a decent SSD drive and 32GB or 64GB of Ram may not even notice the slightest issue. I looked into this when VirdeeMan's crowd mod was all one large TPF and there were some issues others were having with it.

So there isn't a specific size limit, it is mostly limited based on the end-user's hardware.

Also, nothing short of amazed with your overhauls man. Brilliant! Or dilly, dilly... or whatever we're doing now lol :lol:

Dilly Brilliant!!

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:19 pm

KeepinItTeal wrote:
VirdeeMan wrote:Great work! Are all the fields going to high-res?

Yes, if you load this TPF every field you play on will be high res (the pick6 two foot hash mark template) and looks best if also combined with Caloupe’s scripts enabling ghost line removal.

Sorry, I have to clarify something here that I just noticed the other day... there are two fields, Miami and Cleveland, that do not get updated by this mod. My bad.

VirdeeMan
All-Pro

Postby VirdeeMan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:26 pm

KeepinItTeal wrote:
KeepinItTeal wrote:
VirdeeMan wrote:Great work! Are all the fields going to high-res?

Yes, if you load this TPF every field you play on will be high res (the pick6 two foot hash mark template) and looks best if also combined with Caloupe’s scripts enabling ghost line removal.

Sorry, I have to clarify something here that I just noticed the other day... there are two fields, Miami and Cleveland, that do not get updated by this mod. My bad.

No problem!

cdcool
MVP

Postby cdcool » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:06 pm

Nice!

Return to “Graphics”