HELMET DAT BASED SURVEY

Which of the ff default helmet styles will be replaced by Speedflex Helmet?

Style 1
32%
Style 2
7%
Style 3
11%
Style 4
29%
Style 5
21%

Total votes: 28

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

HELMET DAT BASED SURVEY

Postby rogerjinx » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:26 pm

The Speedflex model is widely used nowadays. Which of the ff default helmet styles you want to be replaced if we are going to replace it with Speedflex Helmet?
Attachments
riddell-speedflex-adult-quarter_3.png
riddell-speedflex-adult-quarter_3.png (36.75 KiB) Viewed 3542 times

HELMET DAT BASED SURVEY

Sponsor

Sponsor

DrCatherwood
Veteran

Re: HELMET DAT BASED SURVEY

Postby DrCatherwood » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:31 pm

By Style 5, do you mean the Revolution helmet? How will we handle that one, because isn't the model itself slightly different than the other ones?
"You miss 100% of the Super Bowls you don't get to" -Dolanvan McNorb

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:39 pm

DrCatherwood wrote:By Style 5, do you mean the Revolution helmet? How will we handle that one, because isn't the model itself slightly different than the other ones?

I am not yet sure with #5.

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin5455 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:44 pm

rogerjinx wrote:
DrCatherwood wrote:By Style 5, do you mean the Revolution helmet? How will we handle that one, because isn't the model itself slightly different than the other ones?

I like the revolution ones though...look decent and they are still used by some players today

DrCatherwood
Veteran

Postby DrCatherwood » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:11 pm

Kevin5455 wrote:
rogerjinx wrote:

I like the revolution ones though...look decent and they are still used by some players today

I agree, I just wish there was more options than the three for the facemasks.
"You miss 100% of the Super Bowls you don't get to" -Dolanvan McNorb

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:22 pm

Whatever we do, we cannot replace style #1. It is the only helmet style with which the helmet tabs work correctly.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

cyclone2426
All-Pro

Postby cyclone2426 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:06 pm

We definitely need the the original Speed helmet, thats definitely a popular one as well.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:51 am

I'd say styles #3 and #4 are definitely replaceable.
Style #2 kind of resembles the Schutt Air XP, which is still pretty common. I saw several today, while watching games.
Still, #2 would be replaceable in my opinion....if we got something better.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:56 am

If we're talking replacing models... My plan of action would be this:

#5 Revolution becomes Revo Speed and the Revo QB facemask gets replaced with the Revo 2 bar that is very common. That would be my choice for a version 1.0 of a model mod.
Spoiler:
Unfortunately the only model geometry I've extracted and converted into an OBJ model (so the madden model data can be edited and placed back into the tmdl's) is a pony tail and the face data of the geometry is all wrong (the data that arranges how all of the geometry connects together to form the surface of a 3D object).
Spoiler:

Future mods could include changing #2, #3, and #4 to Vengeance Pro, Revo Speedflex, and Vicis Zero1 and moving the originals to the additional 3 unused slots in the db.
Spoiler:
Image^Vengeance Pro model
There are 5 helmets but 8 slots, no way to select slots 6-8 in-game though. Would have to use an editor for it. The other issue is the facemasks. There are only 16 slots and 14 already in-game. I would use the 1-bar, 2-bar (thin), and the full-face mask models for new ones if/when needed. Vicis and Schutt Vengeance Pro use facemasks that are very similar to traditional masks. The Revo Speed needs the 2-bar Revo and the Revo Speedflex needs the Speedflex Robot style. Arranging the files right would be a big part of a model project. Knowing what goes where and how it works before starting on version 2 would be far more ideal than just winging. Also whichever slot Revo Speedflex goes into would need to be edited in rosters to get the appropriate Speedflex Robot mask assigned to anyone using that slot, AND would need that mask removed from anyone not using that helmet.

Spoiler:
^the last one is ChalupaBatman's awesome Speedflex model he built from scratch. Above are the OBJ open-source Speed object I have
3D Model Development Thread that I had nearly forgotten about...
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

Tors12
All-Pro

Postby Tors12 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:49 pm

So, is this proyect still going? Everyone's using SpeedFlex nowadays!!
"Thank you very much from the bottom of my heart. I truly have enjoyed being your Quarterback."
"I will always be a Colt."
-Peyton Manning.

Return to “Graphics”