Stadium Dat Convertion

peterparker
Banned

Re: Stadium Dat Convertion

Postby peterparker » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:54 pm

mee wrote:
peterparker wrote:Yeah, I’m still not getting it. Could you post the tutorial with pictures please?

Which part aren't you getting?

“Hex Location” Many different parts. For example I’m trying to convert Georgia’s stadium (Heisman 14) (for personal use) but in HxD it says Locaá. After which A do I click?

Sponsor

Sponsor

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:48 pm

peterparker wrote:“Hex Location” Many different parts. For example I’m trying to convert Georgia’s stadium (Heisman 14) (for personal use) but in HxD it says Locaá. After which A do I click?

After LOCA. You need the next character whether or not it is an A itself.
So the Giants traded Beckham....

truetothegame13
MVP

Postby truetothegame13 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:02 pm

mee wrote:4) Fire up the hex editor and open the TMdl you got from stadiums.dat
5) On the text side look for the letters LOCA 10 lines down. Press after the A.
6) Highlight the next 4 characters, switch to the hex side and read them (say 00 92 17 00)
7) This is where the LOCA section starts. The byte are in reverse order, but the byte itself is correct. (So it would be 179200)
8) Go to said hex point, cut from there to the end of the file, the File-New-Paste-Save.

here is the entire "loca" line -
4C 6F 63 61 90 4F 0F 00 74 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

in step 8, i get confused. I dont understand the term, "end of the file". if i were to do step 8 correctly, would the following be what i am suppose to cut?

90 4F 0F 00 74 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

mee wrote:9) Return to the base stadium. Press SEARCH-FIND and type MMAP. Memorize the hex location.
10) Scroll to the end of the file, press between the file 2 periods on the text side.
11) Press CTRL-E and replace the first number with the location where the MMAP starts.
12) CUT-File-New-Paste-Save

13) You should save your original file (which only contains the TMdl now) with a new name.

i don't think you are giving detailed enough instructions my friend.

i'll list my loca, mmap, and leftover tdml file, to show you what my results;

loca
90 4F 0F 00 74 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

mmap - too long to list, and its only letters and numbers. but i do see in the text all that was in the beginning of the original (tmdl, info, swap, extna, geon, etc etc).

the leftover tdml file is this - also too long to list and it is just periods, strange letters. no "tdml" or other names listed in it.

------------

so let me take you back to those steps, and what exactly i did.

step 9-11;
9) Return to the base stadium. Press SEARCH-FIND and type MMAP. Memorize the hex location.
10) Scroll to the end of the file, press between the file 2 periods on the text side.

here is the complete mmap line -
4D 4D 41 50 02 00 00 00 00 01 02 03 2E 00 29 00
4D 4D 41 50 is the "MMAP".

"Scroll to the end of the file" - confusing, i dont understand "end of the file".
"press between the file 2 periods on the text side" - i dont understand (your english or lack thereof :)). i see "MMAP..........)." what does "the file 2 periods" mean.

11) [b][u]Press CTRL-E and replace the first number with the location where the MMAP starts.
after pressing control e, i replaced the first number with "00". i highlighted everything from that point to the very first number in the whole entire tmdl file.
My Corner (my threads): Includes tips for graphics, settings, screen resolution, sliders. Great roster resources from multi-platforms (converting/porting). 4GB patch for 64-bit processors.

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:34 pm

The end of the file is the end of the file.
So you'd go to the hex point 0x0F4F90 and copy from that point until the end of the file you are editing. (Cut is ctlr+X)

in step 8, i get confused. I dont understand the term, "end of the file". if i were to do step 8 correctly, would the following be what i am suppose to cut?

No. You need to go to 0x0F4F90 and go until the end of the TMdl file.

Again as far as the MMAP, the end of the file is the end of the file.

the file 2 periods

Typo! Final 2 period.

(Also you must extract the MMAP after the LOCA.)

truetothegame13
MVP

Postby truetothegame13 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:17 pm

Cool, I'll test it out in a bit. Thank you.
My Corner (my threads): Includes tips for graphics, settings, screen resolution, sliders. Great roster resources from multi-platforms (converting/porting). 4GB patch for 64-bit processors.

truetothegame13
MVP

Postby truetothegame13 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:24 pm

10) Scroll to the end of the file, press between the final 2 periods on the text side.

On mine, in the text area of mmap, it shows up as "MMAP.........)." Should I include the ) or no?

and let me get this straight ; when seperating, everything that is between LOCA and "MMAP" should remain with LOCA? Or should it remain with MMAP?

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:47 pm

truetothegame13 wrote:On mine, in the text area of mmap, it shows up as "MMAP.........)." Should I include the ) or no, when you talk about the final 2 periods.

and let me get this straight ; when seperating, everything that is between LOCA and "MMAP" should remain with LOCA? Or should it remain with MMAP?

The final period at the end of the file not the MMAP line.

The LOCA section follows the MMAP section. Not sure what you mean by in between.

truetothegame13
MVP

Postby truetothegame13 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:52 pm

mee wrote:The LOCA section follows the MMAP section. Not sure what you mean by in between.

so this is all LOCA, Everything before MMAP?
Attachments
Untitled1.png
Untitled1.png (76.57 KiB) Viewed 4101 times

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:56 pm

No...

You ignored steps 6 and 7
mee wrote:6) Highlight the next 4 characters, switch to the hex side and read them (say 00 92 17 00)
7) This is where the LOCA section starts. The byte are in reverse order, but the byte itself is correct. (So it would be 179200)

So in this example the LOCA section begins at 0x04F90 and is 74 bytes long.

truetothegame13
MVP

Postby truetothegame13 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:00 pm

mee wrote:No...

You ignored steps 6 and 7
mee wrote:6) Highlight the next 4 characters, switch to the hex side and read them (say 00 92 17 00)

So in this example the LOCA section begins at 0x04F90 and is 74 bytes long.

What do I do with that highlighted info I uploaded, is it part of LOCA?

Return to “Graphics”