UHD Crowd Mod V2.2 Now Available! (All 32 Teams) W/ Template

trey31
Hall of Fame

Re: UHD Crowd Mod V2.2 Now Available! (All 32 Teams) W/ Template

Postby trey31 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:48 pm

This would likely be forever limited to a TPF mod but... I'm sure there are some motion grabs in NBA 2K17 worth looking into.

Colors and things would be quite a lot of work to do for each team, but the motion in 2D is more than acceptable. Far superior to the Madden Mobile crowd and the static people we did last year.

Heck... Getting 7 really good motion grabs that don't have a staircase and other things in the way, we could almost cut the bottom and both sides off a grab like this with the camera stationary and use it as a crowd texture, keep the safety bars and empty seats and everything. Just cut-out the top parts of each of the 7 animated frames in order to fit the madden crowd texture scale.

Spoiler:

EDIT: I think we need 4 frames of motion, that align in this order:

Frame 1
Frame 2
Frame 3
Frame 4
Frame 4
Frame 3
Frame 2

So it would loop with Frame 1 being doubled, Frame 4 being doubled, with Frames 2 and 3 getting us back and forth between the two,

But I could be wrong about the way it loops.

EDIT #2:

I think we could also grab different reactions from the crowd. One where they are calm, one where they boo, and one where they are standing up/cheering. Then we could crop 7 frames of animation so that on the left could be the calm animations, the center the cheering, and the right could be the booing, that way we could try to get a variety of crowd motion and not just the one type of reaction.

EDIT #3:

And if we Index the colors of each frame, and use Color Select > Adj. Hue/Saturation we can edit specific shirts in a relatively short amount of time too.

I wouldn't want to spend hours 86'ing the NBA logos & 2K logos from the crowd. But after Indexing, that wouldn't be too hard. Could even add team logos to some of the shirts fairly easily as well.

Spoiler:

I used the Nets to test, but for purposes of a colored crowd mod, we'd probably want to use a crowd that has two vivid team colors in it that are not red or yellow (so as to limit screwing up skin tones when color adjusted).
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

Sponsor

Sponsor

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:23 pm

One of the crowds on the crowd sheet texture is one that shows mostly empty seats. Why isn't this one used in game? I know for a fact that it was used in games like Madden 04 and 05.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:26 pm

ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:One of the crowds on the crowd sheet texture is one that shows mostly empty seats. Why isn't this one used in game? I know for a fact that it was used in games like Madden 04 and 05.

No clue. Have you seen the Madden Journal thread called NFL 1977? It is Madden 2004 PC. Check out the crowds there if you get a chance. Significantly better crowd resolution, colors, and animations than M08 crowds... :x
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:10 pm

trey31 wrote:
ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:One of the crowds on the crowd sheet texture is one that shows mostly empty seats. Why isn't this one used in game? I know for a fact that it was used in games like Madden 04 and 05.

No clue. Have you seen the Madden Journal thread called NFL 1977? It is Madden 2004 PC. Check out the crowds there if you get a chance. Significantly better crowd resolution, colors, and animations than M08 crowds... :x

Oh, don't worry, I've seen those crowds. I have every "golden age" Madden from 2004-08 on PS2, and all those games used the empty crowd texture so I don't know what's going on here.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:38 pm

ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:I have every "golden age" Madden from 2004-08 on PS2, and all those games used the empty crowd texture so I don't know what's going on here.

EA borked M08 on purpose.

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:12 pm

trey31 wrote:
ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:I have every "golden age" Madden from 2004-08 on PS2, and all those games used the empty crowd texture so I don't know what's going on here.

Wait. what? Why?

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:56 pm

ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:
trey31 wrote:

Wait. what? Why?

The player model shapes are better in 08 vs 2004, likely due only to 4:3 vs 16:9 aspect ratios, and not an effort to improve the game.

However the elbow pad model, wrist model (doesn't even exist in 2008), hand model, hand texture, crowd animation, crowd color variation, crowd texture resolution quality, player lighting shader, facemask lighting shader, coach models, coach textures, and probably numerous other assets are superior in 2004.

Why?

Football Freaks started modding before 08 and EA notoriously hates modding of any kind on any of their games. PC sales for sports games are significantly less than on consoles (I have more sports games on PC than on PS3, just saying that excuse is a poor one). The jump from Xbox to 360 required game assets to be overhauled.

I'd wager that before 07 was released they had already planned to cancel it on PC before 09. Like Apple borking their phones with "updates" and calling it planned obsolescence (it's a thing, and it's been confirmed, so I'm not trying to poo on Apple just to poo on Apple)

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:13 pm

trey31 wrote:I think we need 4 frames of motion, that align in this order:

Frame 1
Frame 2
Frame 3
Frame 4
Frame 4
Frame 3
Frame 2

So it would loop with Frame 1 being doubled, Frame 4 being doubled, with Frames 2 and 3 getting us back and forth between the two,

But I could be wrong about the way it loops.

I was wrong. I looked again and it is 7 frames of one motion sequence, that is then reversed in the opposite direction for frames 8-14, and then repeated again in a loop. The 8th frame threw me off earlier.

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:31 pm

trey31 wrote:
ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:
trey31 wrote:

Wait. what? Why?

The player model shapes are better in 08 vs 2004, likely due only to 4:3 vs 16:9 aspect ratios, and not an effort to improve the game.

However the elbow pad model, wrist model (doesn't even exist in 2008), hand model, hand texture, crowd animation, crowd color variation, crowd texture resolution quality, player lighting shader, facemask lighting shader, coach models, coach textures, and probably numerous other assets are superior in 2004.

Why?

Football Freaks started modding before 08 and EA notoriously hates modding of any kind on any of their games. PC sales for sports games are significantly less than on consoles (I have more sports games on PC than on PS3, just saying that excuse is a poor one). The jump from Xbox to 360 required game assets to be overhauled.

I'd wager that before 07 was released they had already planned to cancel it on PC before 09. Like Apple borking their phones with "updates" and calling it planned obsolescence (it's a thing, and it's been confirmed, so I'm not trying to poo on Apple just to poo on Apple)

Should've known. Sounds like basic EA behavior.

kkende112233
All-Pro

Postby kkende112233 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:05 pm

I never used texmod, I have to download it to use this mod? the other mods I used I Just drag and drop them to the madden folder but this one seems different

Return to “Graphics”