UHD Crowd Mod V2.2 Now Available! (All 32 Teams) W/ Template

VirdeeMan
All-Pro

Re: UHD Crowd Mod V2.2 Now Available! (All 32 Teams) W/ Template

Postby VirdeeMan » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:47 pm

trey31 wrote:
VirdeeMan wrote:
VirdeeMan wrote:Oh yeah no kidding! I'll try it out tonight

Well looks like EA pulled all of the Madden demos...

Can I buy you an ebay copy of 15 and ship it directly to you?

^ crowds look the same from M15 to M18. At least to me. (not at all surprising either)

No need to man, save your money. I'll find a copy, but thanks for the offer!

Sponsor

Sponsor

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:03 pm

VirdeeMan wrote:
trey31 wrote:
VirdeeMan wrote:
Well looks like EA pulled all of the Madden demos...

^ crowds look the same from M15 to M18. At least to me. (not at all surprising either)

No worries. 4 bucks is 4 bucks.

I gave a homeless guy my McDonald's breakfast about a week ago. He didn't want the coffee, not because he didn't like coffee but because "McDonald's coffee tastes like shit."

Then he started asking me weird questions about my Cadillac and I got nervous and hit the window button and ever-so-slowly ran the red light as politely as possible.

Probably going to get a ticket from the traffic cam now. Lesson learned I guess.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

VirdeeMan
All-Pro

Postby VirdeeMan » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:07 pm

trey31 wrote:
VirdeeMan wrote:
trey31 wrote:

I gave a homeless guy my McDonald's breakfast about a week ago. He didn't want the coffee, not because he didn't like coffee but because "McDonald's coffee tastes like shit."

Then he started asking me weird questions about my Cadillac and I got nervous and hit the window button and ever-so-slowly ran the red light as politely as possible.

Probably going to get a ticket from the traffic cam now. Lesson learned I guess.

Haha great story except the part about you getting a ticket :( But I can track down a copy of madden 15 for $5 pretty easily on offerup.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:23 pm

VirdeeMan wrote:
trey31 wrote:
VirdeeMan wrote:

Haha great story except the part about you getting a ticket :( But I can track down a copy of madden 15 for $5 pretty easily on offerup.

Well I've done it before but I've never felt like someone panhandling was verbally contemplating carjacking me before. But it was worth a ticket to get the f out of there.

Back on topic, here is that silhouette with random colors added to the palette/colormap, except for the first 16 (line #1). I think all of the black color boxes (#000000) in the palette are overwritten by another palette somewhere else, but I don't know where from. There should probably be about 239 colors plus an alpha channel for transparency. But actually that would be the same box as the green background.

Anyone know if there is a uniform palette for each team that has its very first colormap box set as a transparency alpha channel?
Attachments
crowd.png
crowd.png (92.27 KiB) Viewed 5845 times
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

VirdeeMan
All-Pro

Postby VirdeeMan » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:00 am

trey31 wrote:
VirdeeMan wrote:
trey31 wrote:Does anyone have a PS4/XBox One and a video capture device?

Spoiler:
I want some still video of a Madden crowd to pull images from and use to create the motion effects for the crowds.
I just need a closeup of the crowd, aligned dead-on and not at an angle, for about 4-5 seconds.
Or if someone can find something like that already on YouTube and point me in the right direction, I'll try to work some more magic.

*Note: I realize the PS4 Madden crowds are 3D modeled... We can't do that. But I might be able to create 2D captures of the 3D crowd's motions and make something really nice.

^ crowd starts at 1:44 but it doesn't show the crowd motion due to the Replay being paused.

^ This one never really gets any good zooming like the video above, but shows the animations pretty well. But I don't know if the crowd going completely ape shit for the entire game is the way to go? Probably needs the more toned-down animations like the other videos crowd which wasn't overly excited.

Also just want to note, after looking at PS4 madden videos quite a bit this evening... the mechanics and gameplay are still god awful. Like a HD version of the old Dreamcast NFL Blitz games... Arcade football.

I got a Xbox one, but don't have Madden on it lol. I can download a demo and try to get the crowd texture that way...

That would be awesome. Do you have a way to capture from Xbox One? I have no idea how that works. Haven't looked into the details of anything capture related since PS3-era

Sending PM about those colors later today. I've got a few hours. Going to take a break from Equipment and Helmet tmdl swapping and look into those palettes.

I have NBA 2K16 and I pulled out some crowds, but I think it's going to be difficult masking out the parts we need. There is motion as well.
Spoiler:
12-13-2017_8-55-24_PM.png
12-13-2017_8-55-24_PM.png (2.25 MiB) Viewed 5839 times

12-13-2017_8-55-33_PM.png
12-13-2017_8-55-33_PM.png (2.26 MiB) Viewed 5839 times

12-13-2017_8-55-42_PM.png
12-13-2017_8-55-42_PM.png (2.26 MiB) Viewed 5839 times

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:29 am

UIS_LIB_TEAMCOLORS.dat is just a palette (?) of 33 colors with variations of Alpha transparency values. (the 4th 2-digit character after the 3 RGB values) and lots of white. I'd wager a guess that it is a base palette of some sort for a create your own team color palette?

Code: Select all

1F 00 00 00 1E 3C 66 96 1E 3C 66 41 1E 3C 66 64 1E 3C 66 19 1E 3C 66 FF FF FF FF FF 1E 3C 66 96 1E 3C 66 41 1E 3C 66 64 1E 3C 66 19 1E 3C 66 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 64 78 91 FF

Nothing to do with the crowds, unfortunately.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:33 am

VirdeeMan wrote:I have NBA 2K16 and I pulled out some crowds, but I think it's going to be difficult masking out the parts we need. There is motion as well.
Spoiler:
12-13-2017_8-55-24_PM.png
12-13-2017_8-55-33_PM.png
12-13-2017_8-55-42_PM.png

That's not a bad idea. No football-style jerseys though.

We only get 7 frames for motion too. The 8th section is for empty stadiums for bad teams and blowouts in the 4th quarter.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:58 am

I don't think that texture is the crowd at all. It might be an old file from a different version?

First, they are different image sizes.
Second, the bottom row (the empty stadium texture) has completely different locations of empty/occupied seats.
Third, the empty seat in the green texture is different from the logged crowd.
Fourth, the motion arm-in-the-air doesn't match.
Attachments
STADIUMS.dat.File00792.copy001.bmp
STADIUMS.dat.File00792.copy001.bmp (168.12 KiB) Viewed 5825 times
MAINAPP.EXE_0x7ABE9F7C.bmp
MAINAPP.EXE_0x7ABE9F7C.bmp (128.05 KiB) Viewed 5825 times

VirdeeMan
All-Pro

Postby VirdeeMan » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:59 pm

trey31 wrote:I don't think that texture is the crowd at all. It might be an old file from a different version?

Second, the bottom row (the empty stadium texture) has completely different locations of empty/occupied seats.

Well if you modify the green and black texture it does have an effect on the crowd. When I inverted the texture, it didn't have an effect for some reason.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:49 pm

VirdeeMan wrote:
trey31 wrote:I don't think that texture is the crowd at all. It might be an old file from a different version?

Well if you modify the green and black texture it does have an effect on the crowd. When I inverted the texture, it didn't have an effect for some reason.

Ok that is mind boggling then... :?:

How can the texture not match what is rendered in-game??

Return to “Graphics”