UHD Crowd Mod V2.2 Now Available! (All 32 Teams) W/ Template

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Re: UHD Crowd Mod V2.2 Now Available! (All 32 Teams) W/ Template

Postby madden07eurocat » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:27 pm

kkende112233 wrote:I never used texmod, I have to download it to use this mod? the other mods I used I Just drag and drop them to the madden folder but this one seems different

Yes, you must have TexMod to use this. Here is a tutorial on how to download/install and use it with Calhoupe's scripts and M08. http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=110294#p110294
Don't sweat the petty things, and yet don't pet the sweaty things! ;)

Sponsor

Sponsor

VirdeeMan
All-Pro

Postby VirdeeMan » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:44 pm

madden07eurocat wrote:
kkende112233 wrote:I never used texmod, I have to download it to use this mod? the other mods I used I Just drag and drop them to the madden folder but this one seems different

Yes, you must have TexMod to use this. Here is a tutorial on how to download/install and use it with Calhoupe's scripts and M08. http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=110294#p110294

Thanks Eurocat, great tutorial! Also you can go here for more information as well if needed!

cdcool
MVP

Postby cdcool » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:34 am

There are a couple versions of the Cowboys AT&T Stadium. The crowd mod doesn't seem to work with any, is there one that works?

Thanks

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:44 pm

cdcool wrote:There are a couple versions of the Cowboys AT&T Stadium. The crowd mod doesn't seem to work with any, is there one that works?

Thanks

I'v done some testing and here is what I have found. Others may have found more than this.
By default the new FF/FI Mod uses the closed AT&T Stadium (which I find the easist to use). The original TPF that this stadium was converted to DAT format from was made by KIT, I believe, and a backdrop of an earlier version of the stadium was used as a texture(correct me if I'm wrong). That is why the endzone crowds will never change. From what I can tell VirdeeMan only used one of the 5 addresses needed to make the crowds change using his TPF, that is the sunny day address. If you have a night game in AT&T you will get the original crowds. If play an exhibition game and change to the open stadium, again you have to set it to a sunny day game or the crowds will not change.
In short, if you want the crowds to change, sideline crowds only in any case, you will need to log all 5 addresses and create a new tpf with TexMod using the photo that VirdeeMan has already created.

VirdeeMan
All-Pro

Postby VirdeeMan » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:39 pm

madden07eurocat wrote:
cdcool wrote:There are a couple versions of the Cowboys AT&T Stadium. The crowd mod doesn't seem to work with any, is there one that works?

Thanks

I'v done some testing and here is what I have found. Others may have found more than this.
By default the new FF/FI Mod uses the closed AT&T Stadium (which I find the easist to use). The original TPF that this stadium was converted to DAT format from was made by KIT, I believe, and a backdrop of an earlier version of the stadium was used as a texture(correct me if I'm wrong). That is why the endzone crowds will never change. From what I can tell VirdeeMan only used one of the 5 addresses needed to make the crowds change using his TPF, that is the sunny day address. If you have a night game in AT&T you will get the original crowds. If play an exhibition game and change to the open stadium, again you have to set it to a sunny day game or the crowds will not change.
In short, if you want the crowds to change, sideline crowds only in any case, you will need to log all 5 addresses and create a new tpf with TexMod using the photo that VirdeeMan has already created.

OP updated, thank you again Eurocat!

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:52 pm

VirdeeMan wrote:
madden07eurocat wrote:

Thanks

NP, glad to help in some small way.

cdcool
MVP

Postby cdcool » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:22 pm

madden07eurocat wrote:

Thanks

Okay

cdcool
MVP

Postby cdcool » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:22 pm

VirdeeMan wrote:
madden07eurocat wrote:

Thanks

Great!!!

arden05
All-Pro

Postby arden05 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:00 pm

trey31 wrote:This would likely be forever limited to a TPF mod but... I'm sure there are some motion grabs in NBA 2K17 worth looking into.

Colors and things would be quite a lot of work to do for each team, but the motion in 2D is more than acceptable. Far superior to the Madden Mobile crowd and the static people we did last year.

Heck... Getting 7 really good motion grabs that don't have a staircase and other things in the way, we could almost cut the bottom and both sides off a grab like this with the camera stationary and use it as a crowd texture, keep the safety bars and empty seats and everything. Just cut-out the top parts of each of the 7 animated frames in order to fit the madden crowd texture scale.

Spoiler:

EDIT: I think we need 4 frames of motion, that align in this order:

Frame 1
Frame 2
Frame 3
Frame 4
Frame 4
Frame 3
Frame 2

So it would loop with Frame 1 being doubled, Frame 4 being doubled, with Frames 2 and 3 getting us back and forth between the two,

But I could be wrong about the way it loops.

EDIT #2:

I think we could also grab different reactions from the crowd. One where they are calm, one where they boo, and one where they are standing up/cheering. Then we could crop 7 frames of animation so that on the left could be the calm animations, the center the cheering, and the right could be the booing, that way we could try to get a variety of crowd motion and not just the one type of reaction.

EDIT #3:

And if we Index the colors of each frame, and use Color Select > Adj. Hue/Saturation we can edit specific shirts in a relatively short amount of time too.

I wouldn't want to spend hours 86'ing the NBA logos & 2K logos from the crowd. But after Indexing, that wouldn't be too hard. Could even add team logos to some of the shirts fairly easily as well.

Spoiler:

I used the Nets to test, but for purposes of a colored crowd mod, we'd probably want to use a crowd that has two vivid team colors in it that are not red or yellow (so as to limit screwing up skin tones when color adjusted).

Probably could use the Content-Aware feature in Photoshop to remove the seating rails ;)
Check out sports inspired apparel, made for true fans @ http://fanfocusedtees.spreadshirt.com/

cdcool
MVP

Postby cdcool » Sun May 06, 2018 10:44 pm

I can't watch CPU vs CPU games without this mod, one of a very few that makes this Madden the best.

Return to “Graphics”