Custom Fields For Every Team: 3 down 29 to go

cowboys
Veteran

Re: Custom Fields For Every Team

Postby cowboys » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:41 pm

mee wrote:awkward looking sheet of black..

That's the black field issue with FF mod as well. See any image that is in .DAT-form that is canvas size 2048x1024 will be black in game. So full fields will be black in game. I suggest use the endzone from the topic I just pointed out.

EDIT:
mee wrote:Midfield slot- Contains BOTH endzone (2048x1024)

That's why. I just tested out the Cowboys, Giants, and Jets mee provided in the first post and the endzone was black in game.

Re: Custom Fields For Every Team

Sponsor

Sponsor

mee
Hall of Fame

Re: Custom Fields For Every Team: 3 down 29 to go

Postby mee » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:55 pm

cowboys wrote:See any image that is in .DAT-form that is canvas size 2048x1024

Really? When did this start?
I think there is an HD overload on the game when there are too many HD files in at the same time.
That is why trey's helmets cause black fields.
Or why any other HD mod can destroy one it doesn't effect.
To quote trey "God, I hate this game."
So the Giants traded Beckham....

cowboys
Veteran

Postby cowboys » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:05 pm

mee wrote:
cowboys wrote:See any image that is in .DAT-form that is canvas size 2048x1024

Really? When did this start?
I think there is an HD overload on the game when there are too many HD files in at the same time.
That is why trey's helmets cause black fields.
Or why any other HD mod can destroy one it doesn't effect.
To quote trey "God, I hate this game."

Oh. Well, I PM'ed Revanfan, and I said you could try resizing the fields to 1536x768 and see if that works. I only know all this stuff because I like to read pick6's stuff
So, if the double endzone TMdl worked, we could get a custom field for every team. I think it's worth a shot.

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:13 pm

cowboys wrote:Oh. Well, I PM'ed Revanfan, and I said you could try resizing the fields to 1536x768 and see if that works. I only know all this stuff because I like to read pick6's stuff
So, if the double endzone TMdl worked, we could get a custom field for every team. I think it's worth a shot.

I think all sizes have to be in powers of 2, but I haven't really tried..
Also why 1536?
And pick6 only dealt with texmod. Different ballgame.

cowboys
Veteran

Postby cowboys » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:21 pm

mee wrote:
cowboys wrote:Oh. Well, I PM'ed Revanfan, and I said you could try resizing the fields to 1536x768 and see if that works. I only know all this stuff because I like to read pick6's stuff

I think all sizes have to be in powers of 2, but I haven't really tried..
Also why 1536?
And pick6 only dealt with texmod. Different ballgame.

I saw 1536x768 in BelieverInTeal's Levi's Stadium topic. Probably 1536 because 1024 + 2048 / 2 = 1536 & 768 because 512 + 1024 / 2 = 768.

cowboys
Veteran

Postby cowboys » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:54 pm

I just barely tried the endzone.mmap.tmdl from elguapo's Field Art Kit and the midfield and field from here and IT WORKS!!!!! WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! We could give the Jags a custom field with their number font now.

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:02 pm

cowboys wrote:I just barely tried the endzone.mmap.tmdl from elguapo's Field Art Kit and the midfield and field from here and IT WORKS!!!!! WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! We could give the Jags a custom field with their number font now.

Well ya. elguapo's endzones aren't HD.

elguapo how did you add files a model to the TMdl and a bitmap to the MMAP?
If we can merge the 2 fields, 2 endzones, and midfield all into one file we can put that in the midfield slot, opening up the endzone slot for SB endzones.. (A total of 5 models and 5 bitmaps)
The ST35 slot could still be used for the NFL/Playoffs logo.
Or we can go with 6 models and 6 bitmaps and put the 25 yard logo there in the midfield too..
Spoiler:
elguapo wrote:This is just to get you here, lol

cowboys
Veteran

Postby cowboys » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:11 pm

mee wrote:
cowboys wrote:I just barely tried the endzone.mmap.tmdl from elguapo's Field Art Kit and the midfield and field from here and IT WORKS!!!!! WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! We could give the Jags a custom field with their number font now.

Well ya. elguapo's endzones aren't HD.

elguapo how did you add files a model to the TMdl and a bitmap to the MMAP?
If we can merge the 2 fields, 2 endzones, and midfield all into one file we can put that in the midfield slot, opening up the endzone slot for SB endzones.. (A total of 5 models and 5 bitmaps)
The ST35 slot could still be used for the NFL/Playoffs logo.
Or we can go with 6 models and 6 bitmaps and put the 25 yard logo there in the midfield too..
Spoiler:
elguapo wrote:This is just to get you here, lol

If HD endzones is 2048x512, I tried that, too. That, works as well.

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:21 pm

cowboys wrote:If HD endzones is 2048x512, I tried that, too. That, works as well.

Really? Awesome!
Just really want to know how elguapo added a model to the TMdl and a bitmap to the MMAP..
Because we can then get an all-in-one file with the ENTIRE fieldart package for a team. Opening their endzones for superbowl fieldart..

cowboys
Veteran

Postby cowboys » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:45 pm

mee wrote:
cowboys wrote:If HD endzones is 2048x512, I tried that, too. That, works as well.

Really? Awesome!
Just really want to know how elguapo added a model to the TMdl and a bitmap to the MMAP..
Because we can then get an all-in-one file with the ENTIRE fieldart package for a team. Opening their endzones for superbowl fieldart..

I also tried 4096x1024, but that was black in-game, and 8192x2048, but it wouldn't import into DAT Editor Extreme. I haven't tried 1536x768 yet, though.

Return to “Graphics”