Madden 08 MasterEffect + ReShade

trey31
Hall of Fame

Re: Madden 08 MasterEffect + ReShade

Postby trey31 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:35 pm

ycleped wrote:I decided to reinstall this and for some reason, now I'm getting an Application Error 0xc0000005 when I attempt to start Madden with ReShade.

This didn't happen earlier in the year when I used this...

Windows 10? If it is try to update 10 or rollback (pita) and also install ShutUp10 and turn off just about everything. Especially anything to do with updates. And the bandwidth sharing (MS uses your bandwidth instead of their own to distribute other users' updates; no joke, it works a lot like bittorrenting). And the MS/NSA spyware monitoring, don't forget to turn that off (again, no joke).

Defender and URL's permission to forward to the MS store are the only things I allow.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

Sponsor

Sponsor

tomkatt
All-Pro

Postby tomkatt » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:09 pm

trey31 wrote:
ycleped wrote:I decided to reinstall this and for some reason, now I'm getting an Application Error 0xc0000005 when I attempt to start Madden with ReShade.

This didn't happen earlier in the year when I used this...

Windows 10? If it is try to update 10 or rollback (pita) and also install ShutUp10 and turn off just about everything. Especially anything to do with updates. And the bandwidth sharing (MS uses your bandwidth instead of their own to distribute other users' updates; no joke, it works a lot like bittorrenting). And the MS/NSA spyware monitoring, don't forget to turn that off (again, no joke).

Defender and URL's permission to forward to the MS store are the only things I allow.

It's not a Windows 10 issue causing the crashing. I'm on Win10 and Madden 08 with Reshade and various settings on launched for me with no errors.

My problem was the game was stuttering like crazy with any reshade effects enabled. My machine isn't like super top of the line, but it's maybe upper mid-range. Intel i5 4690k, 8GB DDR 3 1600, Nvidia GTX 970. I've no idea why it runs so poorly with reshade.

IndyRevoly
Veteran

Postby IndyRevoly » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:37 am

trey31 wrote:
ChalupaBatman wrote:Comparison 2:

Looks much better. Much more HDR effect than OG Madden.

You're the person who finally got me to give up my quixotic pursuit of perfect sliders and you watch Venture Bros.? Can we be besties?

Re: this mod, I was squinting at those side-by-sides thinking "this just looks slightly brighter." Having tried it now, I can confirm that it appears slightly brighter, but this is actually really cool for me, because accidentally pressing the Xbox button on the middle of my controller makes the screen flicker slightly brighter a couple of times, and I've always thought "that actually looks a lot better, I wish I could keep it that way." Problem solved! That said, that definitely isn't all it does. (Note here: I'm just using whatever the default settings are for the first ME+RS link OP posted) In motion, it's most definitely sharper and, surprisingly, I've noticed that some mildly problematic motion blur I've always disliked about the game is gone. It never even occurred to me that that was a matter of image processing; I had just assumed it had to do with the fidelity of the models.

I also ran TexMod while I gave MasterEffect + ReShade a ride, specifically, the AFC Stadium Overhaul (http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=19205) and the UHD Crowd Mod V2 for the Bengals (http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=19420), as well as a whole ass-ton of those cheats in Calhoupe's Madden Scripts (http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=58123).

tomkatt wrote:It's not a Windows 10 issue causing the crashing. I'm on Win10 and Madden 08 with Reshade and various settings on launched for me with no errors.

My problem was the game was stuttering like crazy with any reshade effects enabled. My machine isn't like super top of the line, but it's maybe upper mid-range. Intel i5 4690k, 8GB DDR 3 1600, Nvidia GTX 970. I've no idea why it runs so poorly with reshade.

I have only a slightly beefier machine than you (I think, I'm not exactly an expert: Intel i5-6500, 16GB DDR4/2133 RAM,
NVIDIA GTX 1060) and have not had trouble running it (so far, at least). Perhaps faster/more RAM might be the answer to your problem, but the 1060 also has 6 GB of VRAM compared to the 970's 4 GB and I'm pretty sure ME+RS would mainly pull from VRAM (corrections welcome, I know nothing for certain), so the video card is probably where the wall you're hitting is (so I would think, at least).
#71,890,810,827,091 on the list of things that I can't do

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:06 pm

Spoiler:
IndyRevoly wrote:
trey31 wrote:
ChalupaBatman wrote:Comparison 2:

Looks much better. Much more HDR effect than OG Madden.

You're the person who finally got me to give up my quixotic pursuit of perfect sliders and you watch Venture Bros.? Can we be besties?

Re: this mod, I was squinting at those side-by-sides thinking "this just looks slightly brighter." Having tried it now, I can confirm that it appears slightly brighter, but this is actually really cool for me, because accidentally pressing the Xbox button on the middle of my controller makes the screen flicker slightly brighter a couple of times, and I've always thought "that actually looks a lot better, I wish I could keep it that way." Problem solved! That said, that definitely isn't all it does. (Note here: I'm just using whatever the default settings are for the first ME+RS link OP posted) In motion, it's most definitely sharper and, surprisingly, I've noticed that some mildly problematic motion blur I've always disliked about the game is gone. It never even occurred to me that that was a matter of image processing; I had just assumed it had to do with the fidelity of the models.

I also ran TexMod while I gave MasterEffect + ReShade a ride, specifically, the AFC Stadium Overhaul (http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=19205) and the UHD Crowd Mod V2 for the Bengals (http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=19420), as well as a whole ass-ton of those cheats in Calhoupe's Madden Scripts (http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=58123).

tomkatt wrote:It's not a Windows 10 issue causing the crashing. I'm on Win10 and Madden 08 with Reshade and various settings on launched for me with no errors.

I have only a slightly beefier machine than you (I think, I'm not exactly an expert: Intel i5-6500, 16GB DDR4/2133 RAM,
NVIDIA GTX 1060) and have not had trouble running it (so far, at least). Perhaps faster/more RAM might be the answer to your problem, but the 1060 also has 6 GB of VRAM compared to the 970's 4 GB and I'm pretty sure ME+RS would mainly pull from VRAM (corrections welcome, I know nothing for certain), so the video card is probably where the wall you're hitting is (so I would think, at least).
the 1060 also has 6 GB of VRAM compared to the 970's 4 GB and I'm pretty sure ME+RS would mainly pull from VRAM (corrections welcome, I know nothing for certain), so the video card is probably where the wall you're hitting is (so I would think, at least).

I remember seeing somewhere else that ReShade was working well with an MMO on a midrange laptop. I've never experienced any stutter in Madden on any of my PCs but I can't imagine a 970 wouldn't run ReShade and Madden even at 1080/60?

Yes but the next major hurdle is that I'm a Chiefs fan :lol:

If you're still interested in that quixotic pursuit of ideal gameplay (not sliders) then PM about my testing of PLYT tags, default playbook player alignments and the relation to LE/RT sack issues, and attribute ineffectiveness. Wayyy too much to type right now, and it would be completely off-topic, but I've been tinkering with the idea of creating a sort of gameplay mod using global roster edits by position and modifying playbook PLYT tags for about a year now, but I've got shoe dats, arm/hand/equipment textures, cyberfaces, and model testing all higher up on the "time suck list" atm. But I could share some of my previous findings with you if you're interested?
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

IndyRevoly
Veteran

Postby IndyRevoly » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:54 am

trey31 wrote:Yes but the next major hurdle is that I'm a Chiefs fan :lol:

If you're still interested in that quixotic pursuit of ideal gameplay (not sliders) then PM about my testing of PLYT tags, default playbook player alignments and the relation to LE/RT sack issues, and attribute ineffectiveness. Wayyy too much to type right now, and it would be completely off-topic, but I've been tinkering with the idea of creating a sort of gameplay mod using global roster edits by position and modifying playbook PLYT tags for about a year now, but I've got shoe dats, arm/hand/equipment textures, cyberfaces, and model testing all higher up on the "time suck list" atm. But I could share some of my previous findings with you if you're interested?

Incidentally, one of my closest friends is a Chiefs fan, hahaha. I definitely may be dropping you a line about that ideal gameplay, as it is, my slider tinkering is right around where I think I'm going to call it as good as it'll get, and I'd definitely like to sort out the gameplay a bit more before I start a franchise with this year's Rogerjinx file ( :: crosses fingers for a .fra roster update again this year :: ). I really dislike tinkering with the gameplay while I have a season ongoing; feels like I'm changing the rules as I go, you know? Unfortunately, my one concern is that it all sounds pretty technical, and even though I've been lurking here for years, I only first used Texmod about... five days ago? To give you an idea of my technological disposition lol
#71,890,810,827,091 on the list of things that I can't do

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:15 am

IndyRevoly wrote:
trey31 wrote:Yes but the next major hurdle is that I'm a Chiefs fan :lol:

Incidentally, one of my closest friends is a Chiefs fan, hahaha. I definitely may be dropping you a line about that ideal gameplay, as it is, my slider tinkering is right around where I think I'm going to call it as good as it'll get, and I'd definitely like to sort out the gameplay a bit more before I start a franchise with this year's Rogerjinx file ( :: crosses fingers for a .fra roster update again this year :: ). I really dislike tinkering with the gameplay while I have a season ongoing; feels like I'm changing the rules as I go, you know? Unfortunately, my one concern is that it all sounds pretty technical, and even though I've been lurking here for years, I only first used Texmod about... five days ago? To give you an idea of my technological disposition lol

Moved discussion here so as to not thread-jack.

http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=20008#p102791

discovision
Rookie

Postby discovision » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:44 pm

[/quote]On a sidenote, I tried it, it's a little strong for my tastes, and kind of distorts the colors and logos. I think this is great for like action/shooter games where there's not a lot of absolutes (specific colors, logos, etc.), but no so much here IMO[/quote]

I found similar results, particularly the blacks, bordering black crush. Maybe because my monitor is already calbriated using i1Display2, and the reshade conflicts with those settings. I also only took the 4 options: Adaptive Fog, Clarity, MXAO, SMAA. I'll try tinkering around with it more.

Too bad there wasn't a ENB Series add on like the one for MLB 2K12, that one rocks 8-)

The download from the reshade website works, when I tried DirectX10 it didn't work, it worked after choosing DirectX9 (Windows 7 64bit/DirectX11).

KEN
Rookie

Postby KEN » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:24 am

The link is dead

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:07 pm

rbaugh13
Rookie

Postby rbaugh13 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:00 pm

Will this work on the default version of the game?

Return to “Graphics”