Q's Uniforms

cowboys
Veteran

Re: Q's Uniforms - 2017

Postby cowboys » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:00 pm

trey31 wrote:
cowboys wrote:I think you should put all of a certain teams uniforms in one download link. know what I mean? like this:
PANTHERS UNIFORMS DOWNLOAD - contains Home, Away, Alt #1, Color Rush, and Alt #3

I don't.

What if someone only wants one uniform? Why dowload 5 or 6? Also, what if he changes something in one uniform later on, after releasing? Has to re-upload all 4 or 7 or however many, then anyone who downloads the updated one would have to download all of them all over again.

Q's uniforms are, in my humble opinion, one of the best explained, categorized, hyperlinked, and organized mod releases on this site.

Way better than my method of "dump it all in one release folder."

"But I only want your helmets, can you release everything separately?"

"No."

good point. nevermind, then.

Sponsor

Sponsor

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:19 pm

cowboys wrote:
trey31 wrote:
cowboys wrote:I think you should put all of a certain teams uniforms in one download link. know what I mean? like this:
PANTHERS UNIFORMS DOWNLOAD - contains Home, Away, Alt #1, Color Rush, and Alt #3

I don't.

What if someone only wants one uniform? Why dowload 5 or 6? Also, what if he changes something in one uniform later on, after releasing? Has to re-upload all 4 or 7 or however many, then anyone who downloads the updated one would have to download all of them all over again.

Q's uniforms are, in my humble opinion, one of the best explained, categorized, hyperlinked, and organized mod releases on this site.

Way better than my method of "dump it all in one release folder."

"But I only want your helmets, can you release everything separately?"

"No."

good point. nevermind, then.

Very well said, Trey.
It's like you read my mind...thanks for the support.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:36 pm

1312qohelet wrote:Very well said, Trey.

You're welcome. I wish I had put all of my mod development in one dump thread, put all of my mods in one release thread, and categorized everything separately with links to the individual post urls, like you did.

As it stands right now, I can't release "just helmets" because Pladata 18+ has all of my HD stuff in it and when I built everything I didn't keep things separate. Now it is all or nothing with my current work. I can't even roll anything back to default without a major headache since all the palettes that are linked have been altered. If I wanted to pull stuff out and replace it with default textures, it would break stuff or create a lot more work because I'd have to redo the ugly low res default textures to work with the new/altered palettes that I had to use.

The plus side is, nobody has to mess with shared palettes when installing my mods. (I don't wish that on my worst enemy)

The downside is, its all or nothing with my stuff.

So yes, I am envious of your release method. 8-)
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:52 pm

trey31 wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:Very well said, Trey.

You're welcome. I wish I had put all of my mod development in one dump thread, put all of my mods in one release thread, and categorized everything separately with links to the individual post urls, like you did.

As it stands right now, I can't release "just helmets" because Pladata 18+ has all of my HD stuff in it and when I built everything I didn't keep things separate. Now it is all or nothing with my current work. I can't even roll anything back to default without a major headache since all the palettes that are linked have been altered. If I wanted to pull stuff out and replace it with default textures, it would break stuff or create a lot more work because I'd have to redo the ugly low res default textures to work with the new/altered palettes that I had to use.

The plus side is, nobody has to mess with shared palettes when installing my mods. (I don't wish that on my worst enemy)

The downside is, its all or nothing with my stuff.

So yes, I am envious of your release method. 8-)

Well, thank you.
It's rather ironic, because other aspects of my life are messy :lol:

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:55 pm

1312qohelet wrote:Well, thank you.
It's rather ironic, because other aspects of my life are messy :lol:

Even further irony,

I battle OCD, but my mod releases just look like random files tossed into a folder and 7-zipped :lol:
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

cowboys
Veteran

Postby cowboys » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:08 pm

If any of you guys want different combinations for these uniforms, check my topic: (link removed) check signature instead

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:20 pm

cowboys wrote:If any of you guys want different combinations for these uniforms, check my topic

I understand Q has given his permission to remix his uniforms. Acknowledging that, I would ask that you please not post any further links in Q's thread. Further, I would ask anyone with requests to please keep those strictly in the other thread as well.

I don't know explicitly how Q feels about this, but this is how I feel about it. I will mention however that Q has stated previously, to me and others, that he would respectfully request no outside work be posted in his threads.

And rightfully so. A thread as meticulously crafted, organized, explained, and displayed as this one is would do best to not have any other works, or mention of works, posted in it.

I just recently paid compliments to Q about how well organized his releases are compared to mine and others. Let's keep this thread clean of all other work, even if said works are mix-n-match releases of Q's original work.

Thank you.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:22 pm

trey31 wrote:
cowboys wrote:If any of you guys want different combinations for these uniforms, check my topic

I understand Q has given his permission to remix his uniforms. Acknowledging that, I would ask that you please not post any further links in Q's thread. Further, I would ask anyone with requests to please keep those strictly in the other thread as well.

I don't know explicitly how Q feels about this, but this is how I feel about it. I will mention however that Q has stated previously, to me and others, that he would respectfully request no outside work be posted in his threads.

And rightfully so. A thread as meticulously crafted, organized, explained, and displayed as this one is would do best to not have any other works, or mention of works, posted in it.

I just recently paid compliments to Q about how well organized his releases are compared to mine and others. Let's keep this thread clean of all other work, even if said works are mix-n-match releases of Q's original work.

Thank you.

That's very thoughtful of you, Trey.
Thanks for looking out.

cowboys
Veteran

Postby cowboys » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:56 pm

Sorry, then, guys! :(

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

BUCS 2017 Uniforms

Postby 1312qohelet » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:37 pm

- BUCCANEERS 2017 -
The Uniforms available here require this #12-DB_TEMPLATES file:
#12-DB_TEMPS TB 2017
I used the most recent DB_TEMPLATES.dat. This is will not change the appearance of any other uniforms.
This file will not alter a Franchise or Roster file in any way.

HOME
This uniform is a DAT file
Contents of .rar:
One copy with original palettes.
One copy with modified palettes.
BUCS HOME + Red Socks
BUCS HOME + Pewter Socks
This uniform may replace ID#65 in UNIFORMS.dat - ZERO BASED ARRAYS ON

AWAY
This uniform is a DAT file
Contents of .rar:
One copy with original palettes.